It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

How to feel bad about going down a size in pants...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How to feel bad about going down a size in pants...

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:13 pm

1. Realise your large gym pants are getting a bit loose

2. Decide to buy the same brand, but the medium this time

3. Send your mother shopping as you have to study and work

4. Try on pants

5. Get upset about pants being just too tight to work out in

6. Realise mother bought you size SMALL pants

*sigh*

She knew she was meant to buy the medium, and that my current ones are a large, but apparently they had no mediums left. SHe decided that I would fit into a small?

So even though I have lost weight, my bum is STILL bigger than mum thought, and she said "oh, I figured since they fit me they would fit you" and GRRR yes mum I weigh more than you damnit.

Sorry, it put me in a kinda crap mood!

I know I should focus on the positive - hey, the SMALL almost fit, so the medium definitely will..

but yeah.. trying on clothes that are too small always puts me in a bad mood!

**The sizes mentioned are in a "big girl" brand, there is NO WAY I would get a small in a normal brand anywhere near my thigh!
Mandie

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:07 am

It does't take much to upset us gals when it comes to clothes thats for sure.

Keep the small ones and they'll be there ready for you when you can get into them which sounds like it won't be too long away anyway.

Well done for going down a size. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:14 am

Oh yeah nothing like the ol' clothes shopping to get us in a cranky!! Chin up mate and as Kim said keep the small ones I think you are going to be fitting into them sooner than you think :wink: . Focus on the fact that you are now buying a medium and not a large!!! Well done mate.....oh and it's the cranky corner for you!!! LOL (hey we sent Kim and Kate there too not too long ago!!!! hehehehehehe) :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Livy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:18 am

Don't sweat the small stuff! Hey, look at it this way. Your Mum could have gone out to get you an 'extra large' because you wouldn't think you fit into a medium!! Now that would REALLY give make you mad :twisted:
I would love for my Mum to think I was beautiful.
The other day she said (she has just gotten back from a holiday in Tonga)
"Those Tongon girls Livy, they are HUGE!!! They even make YOU look thin!!!".
Thank your lucky stars your Mum percieves you as thinner than you are, what a compliment!
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:23 am

hi mandie yay!! you are in a medium! that is awesome mate congrats! the girls are right, keep those pants as inspiration to keep going. mums can be kind of not with it at times! my mum has been giving me her clothes she has brought but doesnt like! i ahve to explain to her that theyre 'too old in style' lol. anyway keep your chin up and on the way home from the gym one day -or before the gym buy yourself a funky pair of pants :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 am

Well done Mandie. And I agree it is better that your mum thinks you are smaller than larger. My mum just says to me "do you really think you should eat that?". Which really drives me up the wall. But I saw her eating KFC yesterday........hahaha. And I will remember that......hahaha!!!
By the way my mum isnt overweight but she has to be careful or else she will put weight on. Unfortunately I'm not careful and have put the weight on!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:48 am

Awww thanks guys.

I feel better today, I was in a cranky mood yesterday anyway and that was just the icing on the cake!

I'm going to keep one pair and get mum to swap one for a medium - that way I have something to wear now, and something to look forward to!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:12 am

sounds like a good idea mate!

p.s. all we all have days like that!
kate_turner2000

Postby Fluffy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 pm

I agree, you need to keep the small ones because you will definitely need them in the future. The whole clothes shopping thing always seem to get me down too (e.g. last Sunday). My friend at work told me that the black pants I am wearing are too big and that I look a bit silly in them. I had to gently explain that I am trying to refrain from buying too many clothes as I am a work in progress!
Fluffy

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:07 pm

hey mandie . Medium is great . mums are mums sweet and kind and love us to death although my mum would have told me to go get my own lol Keep the smalls hun as extra emcentives
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Weight loss Talk