It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Free Newsletter

My Story

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story

Postby XdanielX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:58 am

Ok, so I have decided it is time to post my story on here after reading everyone elses.

My name is Daniel, I live in South Australia and I am 21 years old.

I have always been overweight, I'm talking going all the way back to primary school, year 4, year 5 (9, 10 years old) you name it, I was overweight. In year 5 I weighed 50 KG, in year 8 I weighed 90 KG, so I was just constantly going up.

I didn't really start to notice it however until around year 7 when I was 12 and I started noticing I didn't quite look like everyone else, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

I tried a few things like eating apples and running a bit but as I knew nothing about losing weight or dieting I did it for a few days and when I wasn't skinny after a few days I gave up.

as I grew older I got bigger and bigger, then when I was 15 my mother passed away with cancer, I became extremely depressed and stopped going to school, I was also being bullied for being overweight, My life was just completely terrible.

So a few years went by, gained a bit more weight, it got to the point where I was so self conscious I wouldn't want to get on a bus or go into a store I was so nervous.

I never shopped as nothing fit and the only time I ever did I went to targets "Big" section, *sigh/ so humiliating*

Anyway, on to now, I went away with a friend for a few weeks in January this year and it was a very physical and active holiday, it was to the Grampians mountain range in Victoria so a lot of hiking, swimming, walking etc

I couldn't keep up with anyone, When I got home, I wanted to lose weight so bad, I tried the full eating healthy, portion sizes, exercising jig.

At most I managed about 2 weeks, not because I gave up, but because my dad and I are terrible cooks and with my sister having moved to Sydney we had no one who would cook, that coupled with not being able to go to the shops all the time for food it just got really hard, and that while trying to concentrate on studying just got to much for me.

Anyway, I tried this about 3,4 times over the next 3 or so months.

Then one day, it was the 2nd of May, I was 136kgs and I don't know what happened but I saw a Lite n' Easy commercial on tv (no this isn't a Lite n' Easy endorsement LOL) and I just hit this point where I was like, right, I am going to lose weight and I am going to do it now!

I decided to try Lite n' Easy, at first I just got the dinners and made a salad sandwich for lunch and oats or toast for breakfast, that worked fine until it got hard to always replenish the things for lunch and all and I got very bored of sandwiches and eggs for lunch very quickly so I decided to up my plan to dinners and lunch which also comes with snacks.

and that is what I am on now, I have Lite n' Easy Lunches with snacks and Dinners and just make my own oats or toast for breakfast.

The only downside of Lite n' Easy is the cost.

I also cut out all butter, soft drinks and I only drink water. At least 1-2 litres a day.

I also must confess I do have a cheat MEAL, not a cheat DAY but just one meal, generally on the weekend and generally dinner. Not only to keep those few little cravings for greasy food in check but also to spike my body into action again.

For exercise I jog on the treadmill for 20 mins for 3-4 days a week, I also run around the park playing soccer a few times a week.

After telling someone this they suggested I should start doing a bit of weight training too, not only to build muscle and get increased tone but to also make sure I am not losing too much muscle while losing weight.

So now I do a whole array of curls and lifts etc for my arms and upper body, I also work my legs with the weights doing squats, dead-lifts and lunges wit the dumbbells in each hand. I also try to target the midsection a bit doing planks and various other ab exercises. I do these 1-2 times a day about 3-4 times a week.

So how has it gone? Well here I am now October 13th and I currently weight 105 Kgs and am still going strong!

I no longer shop in the "Big" section of shops and can actually buy from the normal sized clothing sections, and I just generally feel great!

Thanks for listening guys, here's to the next 30kgs!

and good luck to everyone else out there in the same struggle I am in!

Daniel :)
January 4th 2016: 101kg
XdanielX

Re: My Story

Postby alex19 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Daniel.
Congrates on your success so far! :)
ImageImage GOAL WEIGHT DATE 4/12/11
alex19

Postby XdanielX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Thank you Alex, and good luck to you on the rest of your journey.

Daniel :)
XdanielX

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 pm

You've done an amazing job, Daniel! COngratulations and good luck for the rest of your journey!

Maybe it's time to get a recipie book or do some cooking lessons? ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Hal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:03 am

Hi dear,
Congratulation, You do a good work, Best of luck for your struggle.
May you succeed in your aim.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spammy sig deleted, other posts deleted, account banned.
Hal

Postby XdanielX » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am

wow, nice spam..
XdanielX

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

But at least you got called "dear". There must be some comfort in that ... ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby XdanielX » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

haha, oh there is.
XdanielX

Postby chunkydunky » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm

thats great news daniel :) im in adelaide too! good luck for your journey!
chunkydunky

Postby XdanielX » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks for all the messages guys, much appreciated.

Good luck to all of you too :)

Daniel
XdanielX

Postby davidtfranz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:42 am

hey XdanielX,

What a great effort you exert just to lose weight...just continue your good job...don't stop until you reach your goal...
davidtfranz

Postby XdanielX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 pm

davidtfranz wrote:hey XdanielX,

What a great effort you exert just to lose weight...just continue your good job...don't stop until you reach your goal...

Thanks mate, good luck to you too!
XdanielX

Return to Weight loss Talk