It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Free Newsletter

New here &doing Ultra Lite Diet. Any1 else doing or done

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

New here &doing Ultra Lite Diet. Any1 else doing or done

Postby kiwikid » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 am

Hiya

I am new to this forum, and just started the Ultra Lite Diet this week.

I will be okay the first week as am following the 7 day sample programme exactly but am a bit concerned about from then on.

Is anybody on this forum doing this programme, or have done it in the past to give me some advice, tips and maybe recipes.

I have noticed that there is a section for daily diary sheets, is anybody doing those on the Ultra Lite?

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards
Kiwi kid
kiwikid

Postby Hayley » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 am

Hi Kiwi Kid,

I am not doing Ultra lite but am following the Tony Ferguson program, which I believe is quite similar and I've lost 17.4kg so far on that. My mum is currently on the Tony ferguson program too and is going really well. She has tried ultralite in the past and finds the TF program so much easier to stick to 'cos she prefers the shakes and soups that TF offers.

Let me know how you go.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby slimmindown » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:59 am

Hi kiwikid, dont know anything about the diet your on, but welcome to the forum. there is lots of great info on here , I'm sure someone will be able to help... 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby PearShaped » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi Kiwi Kid!

I'm a newbie here too (although I have been visiting this site for about a month now) and also started the Ultra Lite program on Monday (20/11/06). How are you finding it so far?

Previously I was following a Low GI eating plan and lost 3 kg in 3 weeks. I've been on Ultra Lite for 3 days now (this is my 4th) and have already lost another 2 kg! :D

Like you, I'm sticking to the Sample 7-Day Menu for the first week and I'm REALLY looking forward to making up my own plans. I'm going to sit down on the weekend and plan my entire week and then grocery shop accordingly. Did you get a book with all the recipes and associated numbers when you signed up? This is what I'm going to use. I also find this diet is ALL about preparation.

Can't wait to find out how you're finding it. :D
PearShaped

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:14 pm

Welcome Kiwikidl and good luck to you. I am seriously looking at doing TF after reading some of the feedback about it. Keep chatting :P
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:22 pm

welcome kiwikid

best wishes for your weightloss journey :)

@ pearshaped- that 2 kgs was probably mostly fluid! its amazing how much we carry!!

@sassy- hayley has all the goss on tf if you need to know anything about it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:55 pm

Welcome kiwikid!! I wish you all the best with your program, but I can't offer any advice sorry!! I hope it works for you though, keep us updated!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Hello Kiwikid and welcome to the forum.

Hello to a fellow kiwi I am originally from Auckland but have lived in Oz for the last 19 years.

Feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable and sing out if you have any questions.

All the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:41 pm

my step dad is from NZ kim :)
kate_turner2000

Wow thank you everybody for making me feel so welcome

Postby kiwikid » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:44 am

Gosh was so amazed when I went into the forum today to see so many replies, thank you so much, I was blown away with all the kind words......thanks again.

I only found this site, through doing a google search for Ultra Lite to see whether there was a support group or forum for it, and this site came up. I looked through some of the postings and saw the Tony Ferguson diet which a lot of you seem to be on, but unfortunately I have already paid out my lump sum of $399.00 for the joining, bugger bugger bugger.............as the Tony Ferguson diet is only $35.00 to join isn't it......but oh well will have to persuver now as that is a lot of money to pay up front.

TO PEARSHAPED
fancy joining on the same day, that's great. I have been naughty already though. You are right though its all about planning, and its quiet hard really having to try and fit it in with the family or hubbys meals..........Must admit the Tony Ferguson sounds easier............1 sachet for breakfast, 1 for lunch, and think the dinners would be easier too, as they are ones that the family could handle.......he he he an ultra lite dinner of 60g of mea, and half a tomato, and 60 gms of lettuce wouldn't be what my husband would call a dinner. Never mind, have joined and will stick to it until xmas.

Maybe we could share recipes...........I noticed that some girls are doing a daily diary and listing it in the forum will you be doing that.....or maybe we could email privately?????

Thanks again everyone.

Kind regards
Kiwikid

[/img]
kiwikid

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:24 am

Hi kiwi kid :)

stick with it and you will see whether it works or not for you. :) (like any weightloss programme). we are always here to encourage and support you !!!
kate_turner2000

Postby PearShaped » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:33 am

Hey Kiwikid!! How did your first week go? I've set out my eating plan for week 2 and am really looking forward to getting stuck into some of the recipes in the book! Some of them look really nice. I had the mini zucchini quiches for breakfast this morning and they are so divine (altho I'm a biased quiche lover)!! These are also handy for me because if I make them the night before they're ready to go in the morning which is great because I leave for work at 6am and really have to force myself to get organised each night before. I was a bit naughty on Saturday night and had two scotch and soda's... with the detox effect of the program I actually found myself quite nicely tiddled mid way through the second drink and am quite pleased that I'm now a "cheap drunk" as it used to take me drink after drink after drink to get the same way! Double bonus!! :D
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.
PearShaped

New here & on Ultra Lite Diet. Any1 else done/doing it?

Postby kiwikid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:17 pm

Hiya Pearshaped

well yep me bit naughty too, but got back on to it properly on Friday morning, so did 3 days on it exactly as sample menu. Weighed in this morning and lost 2 kilos, so am pretty happy with that.

Have you worked out your entire week 2 of meals, wow you are good.

Let me know how you went at your weigh in. When is it. Mine is 9.00am Monday morning.

Take care.

cheers
Kiwikid
kiwikid

New here & on Ultra Lite Diet. Any1 else doing/done it?

Postby kiwikid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:21 pm

PS

Unfortunately here in NZ, we don't get the Chicken or Beef sachets, which is a bit of a bummer for doing the recipes. They look great. My naturopath said maybe just use 1 tsp chicken or beef stock, but have a funny feeling that the sachets must have a thickener in them as well, so probably wouldn't work as well. She hoping to get them in soon, but guess until then will have to do the plain recipes *sad face*................

grrrrrrr still can't work out how to get the graph and smilies to work. Click on the smilies but just got the :( .....

Cheers again
kiwikid

Postby PearShaped » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Congrats on the 2kg loss!! :D That's excellent especially as though you were naughty! :wink:

I lost 3kg and 11.1cm total which I'm really happy about! I found I wasn't eating enough carbs and platueaed a little bit in the second half of the week but have rectified that now. Because I live in a really remote area of the NT I don't have face to face consultations and weigh-ins but I weigh and measure myself and fax my weekly eating plan and my measurements and weight to my naturopath in WA every Monday morning (probably about the same time you do) and I can call her whenever I want.

I find that I have to prepare my whole week in advance because otherwise I'm going to blow it. I am in the middle of putting together my own spreadsheet (based on the weekly food diary sheet they give you) which will calculate my carbs and protein for each day automatically when I put it in. This helps me modify the recipes if I need to (e.g. an extra 10g of broccoli etc) and I have an electronic record of what's going in my mouth. Once it's finished I can send you a copy if you like?

I reckon weekends are going to be my downfall if I'm not really careful and strict with myself. This weekend just gone I found myself migrating to the fridge and hovering around the kitchen numerous times even though I wasn't hungry. And with my fiance home this weekend (he works shiftwork so we don't always get the weekend) and eating whatever he wanted it was sooooooooo hard!!! :roll:

Can't wait to hear from you again as it's really nice being able to talk to someone on the same program!

Take care and keep shrinking! :wink:
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.
PearShaped

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk