It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Free Newsletter

I just joined Calorie King!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I just joined Calorie King!

Postby Groovychic » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:13 pm

Yep I decided that I had to pull my finger out for team Scarlet!!!. So since others were talking about this calorie king I thought I better have a look. And man it opens your eyes as to how much exercise you have to do to eat that crap!!! Gawd this weekend is gonna be so hard! Anyway I am giving it a good go til chrissy and see how I go. Mind you it is a year's subscription so at least I can go for a year! Hopefully I will learn some good habits!!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:24 pm

best of luck with that rochelle. it does wonders for a lot of people and its really interesting to see other people's progress by using calorieking.

im going to enjoy xmas too!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:54 pm

I joined up the other day too Rochelle, I find it quite good so far!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:56 pm

OOOOOO good Ally!!! My onscreen name is Groovychic. I have no idea how you do anything else other than filling in the diary but hey you never know we might bump into each other!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:57 pm

We just might..do you have the software?? That is great
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:25 pm

Ok Ally, what software would that be??? I've just joined the online bit. Not sure if you are meant to get something else or not!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:14 pm

Well done Rochelle.

I haven't actually joined calorieking but I bought there software which has all the calorie stuff, food and exercise diaries on it. I also use the site if I want to check out calorie or nutritional info of food when at work.

Best of luck and keep us posted on how you go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:29 pm

Good going rochelle i ahve heard lots of good things about calorie king . Lets us know how u go
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:24 pm

Yep Rochelle, what Kim said!! LOL I only have the software too, I had a little "der" moment before!!! You can download a free 7day trial of the software from the site!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Livy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:23 am

Well, I was going to write a post about this, but since there is already one I just have to say this. I also have the softwear side of things. I have been trying to lose weight my whole life, but really badly since I hit 87kgs, since I had my second baby Tara. I was 75kgs when I fell pregnant with her, and I am now 85kgs (well I was!!). I tried betalife and Admin Censored and a few different diets, but just couldn't stick to anything. I would get down to 83kgs, then put it back on.
I have NEVER in nearly 3 years been smaller than 83kgs, until this morning!! I am 82.5kgs!!!!
I am soooo happy, as I haven't since this number on the scales for many years!! I just feel that calorie king is the answer for me!! I have to hold myself accountable for what I eat.... earlier in the week, I ate chocolate, and I put it in with all my other food, so I can't say "Oh, I have been so good, why haven't I lost weight" (which I have said so many times forgetting about the binge on chocolate royals that I had the day before).
When you say that, you are lying to yourself, if you do the right thing you will lose weight. PERIOD.
So, when you have a bad day, put it in there, so you can see where you have gone wrong, and then fix it!
I am sooooo happy right now, Kim, I am on my way to chasing you right now girl!!!
Liv :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:27 am

thats great news livy :) keep up the great work that ticker is awesome!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:53 am

Woohoo, well done Livy that is fantastic news! :D

That's why I love the software it make me totally accountable and I can see exactly where I have gone wrong no hiding any bikkies or anything.

You will get there Livy keep at it, stay focused. *hugs*
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:17 am

Well done Livvy!!! Its all about determination girl. Keep up the good work. When I was entering data yesterday I knew I was making macaroni cheese for dinner as it is my daughters fav and I dont make it very often at all and I promised her. And I knew I would eat it as well cos I really like it too. Anyway I put in the figures I would normally eat in a serve for dinner of it and I realised just how many calories were in there. And even dropping it down to a smaller portion, which I did do for tea, still put me over my 1300 limit. I'd had eggs on toast for breaky and that had taken me up higher for breaky than usual so had to compensate for that. So I worked out how much I had to do extra on the cross trainer and jumped on that for 15 mins. I still ended up being over my 1300 because I had a drink of orange juice without thinking.........doh!!! It has certainly made me realise that my portions were just too big. I fiddled around yesterday and put what I would eat on a typical day and I am over the 1300 a fair amount every time. And that was upping the calories from what they had recommended of 1240! As for the software, I downloaded the free trial but I think I will just use the online version as it is the same, and I have paid for the membership and all.

And by the way, the damn dog wouldnt even eat the left over macaroni cheese!!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:49 am

It is surprising isn't it Rochelle just how many calories are in the food we eat if you are not aware. I can't help but think that when I see people queueing up for chips and hamburgers and the like.

If you like your eggs you can always eat the whites only or when making an omelette use one egg to 3 whites. The whites have protein but almost nothing else and no cholesterol or fat that the yolk has. I know, I know the yolk is the yummy but especially for omelettes the whites aren't bad.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 am

Yep you got it Kim, the yolks are the yummy bit. But I am still battling to get up to the 108g of protein they are suggesting. I'm lucky if I get 2/3 of the protein for the day. And that was with eating a piece of steak for dinner! Which I am definitely not a fan of doing. And with having the protein drink. I might have to compare brands of protein drinks and see if there is any difference in the amount of grams of protein.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk