It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

I just joined Calorie King!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Livy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I really can't see that I will ever be that obsessive that I would eat an eggwhite omlette :wink:
I would say that I would have skipped the bread, and had the eggs poached, with a serve of fat free bacon (protein!) on a green salad, or with some steamed greens for brekky. I really think that weightloss comes down to food choices, I seriously can't see the yolks being THAT bad that you have to remove them!
Livy

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:38 pm

It was a suggestion on how to get more protein without adding fat or cholesterol and had nothing to do with removing eggs at all. Eggs are fine in moderation but since I limit my fat intake during the week to 25-30grams per day I tend to watch these things.

Rochelle I manage to eat between 100 and 120 grams of protein per day. I do this by having about 150 grams of lean meat 50grams at lunch and 100 grams at dinner. I also have plenty of low fat or fat free dairy and use anytime protein shake powder to add protein during my morning snack meal which I often add to yoghurt . Also the whey protein concentrate powder from aussie bodies has about 30grams of protein per serve which is a pretty good hit but I haven't tried this as I am happy where I am. Good grain breads like soy and linseed also have plenty of protein as well as legumes, brown rice and nuts. Although it depends on how many carbohydrates you want to have as the last ones are carb rich foods. For alternatives to the meat and dairy Sarah will probably have some good ideas if you need them.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:45 pm

I agree Kim...You can have 2-3 egg whites (or more) in an omlete and still get the benefit, but you add 2 or3 eggs and your fat levels soar, (even though it is good for you, that amount of fat is not recommended!!!) Not to mention the gas problems that comes with eating too many egg yolks.....peeeeuuuuuwwww!!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 am

Hahaha Ally!!! I had one egg in a sandwich yesterday at lunch time with salad. It was damn yummy but yep the old fat content gets up there. I actually had a crap day with the fat content of food yesterday. They have recommended 32g of fat a day and I tend to be well over that. Had 1/2 can baked beans on 1 piece of toast yesterday for breaky and it just blew me out. I have noticed that if I have the portion of tinned fruit/banana/yogurt/all bran for breaky then I tend to be better behaved for the day. If I have toast, even tho I have the 9-grain bread, I tend to binge a bit during the day. I only eat about 2 - 3 eggs a week. As for eating more meat to get over 100g of protein a day Kim, I just can't do it. I don't even like bacon very much! And tonight for tea I am making a vege stir fry with rice. Now I know it should be brown rice but it really tastes like crap!!! So I buy that clever rice by sun rice. It has a lower gi. Same sort of calories I think. I think it is doongara rice or something. I started buying it a year or so ago for the lower gi. We dont have much rice as Frank doesnt like it. But I have Alex convinced to eat it now. He eats it with a teaspoon of butter on it! Ash won't even look at it. She is such a pain in the bum. Doesn't even try things! But I guess eventually she will. And I shouldnt complain cos she eats heaps of salad and fruit.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:19 am

I am struggling to meet the recommended calories per day but I am stuffed at the end of the day and couldn't eat another thing

i dont get it

plus I have been going to the gym every day for the past week and have lost nothing

what is wrong with me?!
zoeh

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:40 am

Zoeh you need to eat to lose weight!!

I find it easy to eat all my calories in one day - I have just cut portion sizes of what I used to eat and added in more salad.

Do you drink water as well?

I found the water is great :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:01 pm

I eat heaps though if I ate more I would be forcing myself

Do i really have to eat more to lose weight? I dont get that

I eat heaps of salads and stuff
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Oh and I drink 2 litres of water a day at least plus a few cups of green tea
zoeh

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 pm

What is the recommended amount you are referring to Zoeh?
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:44 pm

1270 cals

Oh i just realised I do hit the right amount but then it gets deducted because of exercise so thats why there is a 'x' against cals

Surely if I am getting enough before exercise that is sufficient?
zoeh

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Yeah I think so, I used to get a similar thing. I found that as my exercise intensity increased I needed more food anyway and ended up adding on an extra 200 cals per day usually before my lunch time workout. Best of luck Zoeh. Oh and remember sometimes it takes a little while to see the results especially where exercise is concerned but it is good for you all the same. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:04 pm

I don't eat my exercise calories either yet - I am only starting out and want to kick start my system.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:21 pm

I do!!! I don't go over the allowed amount with the exercise but I certainly would without the exercise! I eat way too much fat, that is my problem! It means for much slower weight loss. Zoeh, you are probably adding on muscle if you have just started out at the gym with the exercising. It will take a bit of time for the scales to show it.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:26 pm

i find that i am just under most days after exercising but i guess its a ball park figure as long as it not to much under it should be ok
JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Yeah exactly Jules. Makes me feel better anyway.....hahaha!!! Where's that choccy frog hiding in the fridge now.....no only joking. I just had some yogurt, which tasted like crap cos there was no added sugar in it......so I added some. I know that is really bad. I thought it would be really yummy cos it is greek style yogurt and when I have had greek style yogurt before its been delish but this one is not too crash hot. But since I spent like $3 on it, as a semi healthy treat to myself btw, I better eat it. I'll just have to add the sugar!!! I only added half a teaspoon, so I will make sure I add that into my calorie king today!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk