It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

I just joined Calorie King!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zoeh » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:00 pm

This might be a dumb question, but when you exercise are you still limited to the total amount of 1270?

I mean, with the exercise taking off cals, can you eat whatever you want as long as the exercise brings it back down or do you still eat 1270?

Because I just checked my CalorieKing for today and the figure says ive only eaten 142 of my 1270 but thats because I did a lot of exercise today and its taken it off my cals consumed. Does that mean, now, I can STILL eat up those other cals?
zoeh

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 am

I now dont add my work out till after dinner even if it was done at luch that way i k now i have eating my max thrrough the dau and still come out on top because of - calories . Hope that helps
jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:58 pm

To be honest Zoeh, this is the bit where I always got confused and never really figured it out. I think you can still eat your exercise calories, if that makes sense, as you would more than likely still be in a calorie deficit. I found as I increased my exercise my food intake wasn't enough when I was doing around the same cals as you. However, I increased it as I was getting hungry at times in the day when I hadn't been before.

You can work out your energy needs here to find out how much you should be eating to maintain your weight. If you are under that amount, the theory goes, you should continue to lose weight.
Energy needs calculator. :arrow: http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... ulator.htm
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:28 pm

I think that it is completely up to you Zoeh. You can get the extra bonus of the exercise and eating your nominated calories means you will burn more fat than if you ate your whole calorie limit along with the extra calories from exercising. So it is entirely up to you. I eat more than the 1300 cals but once exercise is added in I am back around the 1000 cals on a normal day. You shouldn't eat more because it says you haven't eaten enough once you have taken off your exercise, if you aren't hungry. If you have a look at the total for the day, scroll down to the bottom of your food intake and just above the little bar for the calories is the total amount of food/drink calories you have consumed, prior to exercise being taken off. The bar is just showing you the total after exercise. I hope this has helped you Zoeh. Just listen to your body and if you eat more try not to eat more fat. I'm doing fine with the calorie count, just terrible with the fat count. I tend to be over nearly every day. I wasn't yesterday tho!!! :D I'm proud of myself for that! We won't talk about today tho!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby zoeh » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks for your help guys

I looked at that calculator thing I entered my stuff and said moderately active and the calories it allows each day is 1000 less than my eating plan(!?)

Oh well
zoeh

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Aren't you having around 1300 per day Zoeh? I may have misread earlier but for some reason that's what I thought you were having.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zoeh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Yep I am meant to have 1260 a day

On http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... ulator.htm

it says 2259 per day
zoeh

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Oh lol sorry I thought you meant the other way around, that the energy needs calculator was saying 1000 less than 1260! Never mind, I got it now. Yeah that 2259 is for maintenance not for weightloss. I have noticed calorie king rates it a whole lot lower. If you aren't hungry then keep doing what you are doing. If the exercise makes you hungry then eat a bit more, just try to keep the food good quality food. Best of luck.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zoeh » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks

How long is it supposed to take to reach the first goal? That isnt a weekly goal is it?
zoeh

Postby KimE » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:59 pm

What is the goal you are referring to? If you are talking about a weight goal. The experts say 1/2 to 1 kg per week is considered excellent weight loss. Some do more, some do less. Personally I averaged around 750g per week.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk