It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Funny fat girl

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Funny fat girl

Postby Fluffy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Hi there,

It might just be me but I am so tired of being labelled the funny fat girl. Everytime I met a guy, they love to tell me how funny I am and you are so funny, blah, blah, blah! Is that the way it is going to be for me? Yes, I do have a sense of humour and I do have the ability to laugh at myself so I guess I must just naturally be the funny fat girl...but I am not laughing at the moment. Is anyone else having this problem? All advice welcome...
Fluffy

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:21 pm

Oh yes the old "you have no other personality because you are fat" attitude.....lovely isn't it??? It makes you feel really warm and fuzzy inside!! You just have to love the fat people are jolly kind of mentality...Don't they realize that there is more to us a person than just being "funny". I always used to crack the fat jokes as it saved any one else doing it first!! It is called a defense mechanism.

Fluffy, there is not much you can do mate but grin and bare it. If you say something then you are just being defensive because you are overweight, if you don't say anything then they think it is alright to keep saying that (and other things) I have always said that being fat is the last surviving allowable prejudice as it is ok for people to make comments about our weight!!!

Sorry now I am off on a rant!! It just boils my blood and now I havent been any help to you at all!!

Maybe you could try and make them understand that there is more to you than just being funny. Make them see the real Fluffy with feelings who can hurt and cry, and is intelligent and smart and that funny isn't your call sign it is part of a complete makeup that makes fluffy the lovely and wonderful person that she is!! Let them see how truly beautiful you are on the inside, that beauty IS only skin deep...does that make sense?? I hope this is a help and you are not shaking your head saying, 'she's lost the plot!'
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Livy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:07 am

That does totally suck. Everyones friend buy nobody's girl. Sometimes it would be nice to be sexy instead of funny.
Keep being funny. Being funny is a good thing. Don't let it get to you, use the comments as power to become the funny SLIM girl! :D
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:26 am

lol i think it goes hand in hand with

you have a pretty face
kate_turner2000

Postby Fluffy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Everyone's comments have made me so sad!
I am so touched by the continuing support I get from this forum.
I am off to a fitness weekend this evening...I will try to be sexy and funny, fat and slim all at the same time!
:)
Fluffy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:32 pm

well you enjoy yourself no matter what your shape and personality is you can still have a ball :) best wishes fluffy
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:10 pm

ohh! you have a pretty face, if i had a dollar for every time i heard that ide be living like bob from the lotto adds! all you have to say is i may be fat but your ugly and atleast i can lose weight! then throw some kinda greasy food at them :P
Jisgone

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Fluffy be true to yourself as that's what matters the most and you will have your wonderful personality no matter what size you are. The lucky ones are those who recognise that.

Enjoy your fitness weekend let us know all about it when you get back.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:41 pm

I was always the smart girl. I think mostly in my own head. I wasn't pretty, not skinny, not popular, so that just left smart. I'm now also quiry/dry/cynical funny. And most definitely strong-willed. But then I get that from my father, not my big arse.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 pm

Fluffy I sometimes feel that alot of my friends like the fact i'm alot heavier more than all of them are. I don't know, maybe it makes them feel a bit more secure or sure of themselfs?? :?:

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby PearShaped » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:46 am

I always feel pressure to be the "funny fat girl" and like Ally (Hi Ally! :) ) I too crack the fat jokes first as a defence mechanism. I feel that there's an unspoken expectation for larger plus sized people to always be "jolly".

Hi Green Butterfly! :) I feel the same way too sometimes. All my friends are thin and can wear whatever they want. When they make judgements on other larger girls we see when we're out I often wonder "hmmm, if that's what she thinks of her I wonder what she really thinks of me". :( Maybe it's my own self consciousness but my friends can wear boob tubes and pretty much whatever they like and sometimes I feel like one of them in particular likes to rub it in (but also thinks she's "fat").
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.
PearShaped

Postby Fluffy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Yes Green Butterfly and Pear Shaped, I think it is all those things that you guys have said. One thing that amazes me is that when I am not funny (usually because I am feeling low about my weight and the way I look), everyone wants to know "what's up?". I really enjoy having a sense of humour and wouldn't have it any other way but it is like there is more to me than just that...
Fluffy

Postby Garfield » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:49 pm

PearShaped, I had a friend like that who liked to rub in that I was fat and then complained about being fat herself. You usually find with that sort of person they are mostly really self conscious about their own body and are just having a go at you to make themselves feel better.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Return to Weight loss Talk