It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

What do we all do ..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What do we all do ..

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:40 pm

Just wondering what everyone does here - do you work or are you at home mums etc
I work 5 days a week - 37.5 hour week in a Finance Department. I also have 2 daughters who are 10 and 9. :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi sassygirl :)

I am a qualified child care teacher but my maternity leave has just ran out and i have decided not to return to the workforce for a few years. we are planning on having another baby before heidi heads off to school so once our little ones are off to school i will go back into the workforce. Maybe do something different though- like in retail :)

but i am currently a stay at home mum and i really enjoy it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:04 pm

I'm a full time law student, work 25-30 hours a week as a Court Monitor/IT Assistant for a court transcription service and work 30 hours a week, at nights and weekends as a duty manager at a hotel.
Its amazing I found enough time to eat enough to get so fat :D
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:11 pm

I have only just gone back into the workforce again after a break of 8 years - unfortunately the bills don't pay themselves (I wish) and we weren't getting anywhere on one wage. I thoroughly loved my time at home, but I must admit that that is when I did most of my "naughty" eating. I miss the fact that I cannot be there to pick up my kids after school (day care does that) or that I cannot go to school to help out in canteen or library. But I suppose my children are older now and are not as dependent on me anymore (my 10 year old says "Mum don't kiss me in front of anyone and don't beep the horn when you leave - it is embarrasing!!").

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:23 pm

haha thats funny sassy!

i agree i have done most my naughty eating between when heidi was born til august (when i started losing weight) because being at home all day i just ate whatever i wanted and between feeds, changes, naps, housework, errands and so on it is easier to grab a choccy bar instead of sitting down and making something more nutritious. some days i wish i was still working but then i realise i will miss out on the watching heidi grow (the most development a human does in life is between 0-5 years of age). we are getting by on one wage but we dont have many luxuries- we need to budget for those!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:34 pm

That's exactly how I felt - I did not want to go to pick up my child and have the day care centre tell me that she walked for the first time - I would have been guttered. I am thankful for those years at home with both my children - I loved every minute. It also makes me appreciate them a little more now because I am not with them 24/7. I feel sorry for those parents who don't have a choice.

Sassygirl

Postby nettymum » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:18 pm

I used to work in retail but now I'm a SAHM. I have 2 girls, a 5 year old and my baby turns 1 on Monday. I love being at home with them, but I'll be going back to work when my youngest goes to school. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
nettymum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:20 pm

hi netty my little girl turns 1 on the 9th december. did you have yours at john hunter?
kate_turner2000

Postby nettymum » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:23 pm

I sure did, I had her on the 27th then they let me out 2 days later.
[/url]
nettymum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:26 pm

I went in the 8th was in labour til the next day and was allowed out the day after that because i complained to them. had the worst post partum stay there and wrote a letter of complaint to the director of nursing and midwifry.
kate_turner2000

Postby nettymum » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:36 pm

I had a bad time as well, a doctor came in after 13 hours of labour and said she really should have a caesar that was a 10pm I agreed to have one but the midwife talked me out of it and said we'll wait a bit longer to see if i can do it myself. This was after I'd had morphine and an epidural. I was in agony and was only 5 cm dialated so at 4.30am I'd decided I'd had enough and told them I wanted a caesar.
My mother and Hubby were so cranky with the midwife, and after only 2 days in there I begged them to let me go home. I hate that place.
[/url]
nettymum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:56 pm

wow i also had a dr come in and tell me to have a caesar too! and that i had 10% chance of delivering vaginally due to the position heidi was laying in. the midwife asked if we could hold on and she huffed and puffed (the dr) and then i got to deliver vaginally but had a 3rd degree tear and heidi had to be sucked out. but the next day on the ward the dr who insisted on the caesar came and saw me and apologised and was awestruck i had her vaginally. but that was only the tip of the iceburg - many more issues happened whilst i was there.
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:13 pm

I'm a full time law student as well but I don't work 65 hours a week on top of studying!! Miss E that's crazy!

I do 22 hours work ontop of studying in two jobs - one at a community organisation and the other in the press gallery at parliament house.
Puffer

Postby nettymum » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:16 pm

That's what happened with me as well, the doctor came to see me the next day to see if I was ok , he was a young asian doctor. It make me really angry as this midwife was a real censored to him.
I don't think I'll be recomending that hospital to anybody.
[/url]
nettymum

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:45 pm

I had my first daughter at King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women in Perth. As a first time mum I had the worst experience at childbirth. They induced me (which took 2 days), I was battered, bruised, torn and ripped by the time Sarah has delivered. I had to have a catheta (did I spell that right?!?!?) because I had no sensation in that area! Then I must have got the nurse from hell (think To Kill a Mockingbird Nurse Cratchet). She forced me to breastfeed - which was agony. She then told me to express milk, which had blood in it - she then said it was OK to give it to my child (when you are young you tend to trust nurses don't you?) Anyway I ended up with masticis (now I know why I never become a Doctor - I cannot spell BIG words!!) and Sarah ended up on antibiotics at 2 days old. She got the worst thrush I have ever seen. I ended up a mess - and then when I did get up the courage to tell them that I didn't want to breastfeed, the nurses made me feel so inferior to the other mums. Needless to say I had my second at St John of God and when I went for my tour they asked me if there was anything that I did not want to do - and I told her all about my experience and she was lovely. I was never pressured or made to feel inadequate. I left hospital after 2 days!

Sassygirl

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk