It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:19 am

Free Newsletter

GRRRRR...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

GRRRRR...

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Ok, I run a forum. its got a few hundred members, but I actually know a great deal of them personally. One of the threads is a 'Vent Thread' where you whinge about whats getting your goat at the moment. One girl, who I dont know but know of has just 'vented' about fat people on buses taking up more than half a seat and how they should have to buy two tickets! I'm furious! how ignorant and rude. I'm so mad now!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:19 pm

oh that is so nasty! i am a moderator of a pregnancy birth and beyond forum and id say something if someone said something like that without justifying their reasons.
kate_turner2000

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:27 pm

oh, she 'justified'. she is a little person and its not fair that she have to be uncomfortable because someone is taking up more than half the seat. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm glad its my forum. if she keeps irking me I'll change her name or something hahaha
MissE

Postby Neney » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:39 pm

Or Ban her!! Hehehe......

Some people are just mean, for no reason.
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:39 pm

people will say anything to justify being angry because they are inconvenienced.

I have had people tell me how cylists should not be on the footpath because they go too fast for pedestrians. These same people will then complain that cyclists shouldn't be on the road because they don't go fast enough for cars. But they also don't want their hard earned tax dollar going on cylce paths - because they don't benefit. I assume then that cyclists will just have to grow wings.

They don't actually have a well formed position on either side - they just get annoyed if they are inconvenienced and jump on whatever bandwagon it is that is against whatever it is that has inconvenienced them.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 pm

They obviously don't know about footpath/walking track etiquette Tegan...maybe they should give it a read!!! There is no pleasing some people.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:15 am

You're right, Tegan, especially about this girl. she whinges constantly, and she seems completely self centred.
MissE

Postby Groovychic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:32 am

Some people will complain about anything! Even if it is not them being inconvienced! I was just talking on the phone to a friend and it came up about negative people. I really don't like talking to negative people. I have this other sort of friend(she thinks she is my best friend and we are best mates etc but she just drives me mad!!!) and she is on the phone at least once a week and emails a few times a week to whinge to me about her husband, work colleages, ex-work colleages, etc. I tend to do the dishes or put the washing on while she is whinging at me. I put the yes's in the right spot so she thinks I am paying attention. It seems really bad not to be listening but I don't want her negativity to rub off on me! I'm a positive happy person and I want to stay that way!!! I once was told by this pysho relative of Frank's that she hated me cos I was a happy person!!! :? Go figure that one out!!! Some people just want something to whinge about no matter what. Its about getting attention I think. So I try not to give it to them. And I guess listening to this friend is probably giving her attention. But I do tell her quite regularly that this things she whinges about aren't worth worrying about. Don't sweat the small stuff is one of the rules I follow. And also Don't worry about things that you can't change! Someone else will worry about it for you......hahaha!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:34 am

i hate whingers!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:09 am

I call them Eeyores - always down and depressed with nothing nice to say and a permanent rain cloud hanging over their heads :lol: Image
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Puffer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Groovychic wrote:Don't sweat the small stuff is one of the rules I follow. And also Don't worry about things that you can't change! Someone else will worry about it for you......hahaha!!

I love that book... and life is so much of a better place when you stop worrying about things!

Ally I love that term - Eeyores!
Puffer

Return to Weight loss Talk