It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Free Newsletter

Tried and tested diets

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tried and tested diets

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:34 pm

I was just thinking about all the diets that I have tried over the last 20 years and there seems to be a lot. Here is a sample:

Weight Watchers (like a zillion times)
Easy Slim
Gloria Marsall
Jenny Craig
Cohen's Lifestyle Diet (this one was one of the hardest that I attempted)
Acupuncture Diet
Admin Censored
Lilel Cordel's Weight Drink
Ultra Slim (drinks)
Cabbage Soup Diet
Optifast
Optislim

For all the money that I spent on these "fad" diets - I could have paid for liposuction ..LOL

What are some of the diets that you have all tried? Anyone else attempted the Cohen's Lifestyle diet? Let the discussion begin (told you all that I liked chatting .... :lol: )
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:06 am

Hi Sassy,
Well, I have only really become totally obsessed with my weight in the last year or so. I have tried
Betalife: (lost 3 kgs in 2 weeks, then gave up)
Admin Censored: (lost 10kgs a couple of times before not being able to afford to keep going and putting all the wieght back on)
Soup Diet featured on Today Tonight (lasted about 2 days with this one, I couldn't eat the soup any longer!)
Thinkslim: (this is probably the best that I have done so far, really got me thinking and inspired me, just didn't have the time to constantly listen to CDs all day)
Currently, I am doing Calorie King (if that can be considered a diet) and using SOME of the southbeach principles having bought his book. I am trying to be flexible, so I eat carbs etc at the end of the week when the cupboard is bare.
Livy

Postby MissE » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:11 am

I've tried Weight Watchers and Healthy Inspirations. WW is the one that works the best for me, no shakes, special foods or hassle, I can eat what I want (within reason of course) and just find it easy to follow.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Return to Weight loss Talk