It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:59 am

Free Newsletter

I'm New Please Please Help Me!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm New Please Please Help Me!!!

Postby HayleyMaree » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Guys, :D

My name is Hayley Maree, I'm new to the site and really need some help.

I am a 19 year old female who is struggling with weight. At the moment I weigh about 79-78 kilos :cry: the biggest I have ever been.

I NEED TO SLIM RIGHT DOWN IN 3 WEEKS!

I live in a very small mining town and walk or ride everywhere as everything is only a quick walk away.

I don't have many bad eating habits. I watch what I eat and cook all my own meals. The only take away I can get here is pizza and have that once a month. I cook with olive oil instead vegetable oil I eat alot of salad chicken and red meat although potato and carrot are the only vegetables I like. I am addicted to Dark chocolate and have a few pieces a day. (bad habit) :|

I am currently on Maxine's Burn. A High protein Low carb dietary shake. I have 1-3 of these a day. 1 replacing breakfast, 1 either replacing lunch or with lunch if I'm really hungry and then I'll have a sandwich, salad roll or a crossiant. Then 1 again after a workout.
I am now awaiting on Musashi daily fat metaboliser and Musashi pre workout fat metaboliser. (they work in conjuction with each other)

MY WORKOUT REGIME

I do 6 gym classes a week and 3 gym classes a week.

In the gym I do an upper body workout 2 times a week which consists of:

Seated Row 3-12 reps at 30kg
Pec Dec 3-12 at 15kg
Chest Press 3-12 at 30kg
Lat Pull Down 3-12 at 30kg
Double arm Row 3-12 at 8.25kg
Wood chop 3-12 at 8.25kg

(all on machines)

Lower body workout 2 times a week which consists of:

Calf Raise 3-12 at 15kg
Leg Press 3-12 at 45kg
Leg curl 3-12 at 15kg

(all on machines)

In both of these workouts as well as doing the above I do:

Fitball squats 3-12
Fitball Back extensions 3-12
Russian twists 3-12
Fitaball reverse crunches 3-12

5 minutes on exercise bike or 5 minutes on treadmill (1min walk-1min run etc etc) between every set. I do one rep on a machine then move on straight to the next not stopping for rests until the whole circuit is done then start my next circuit.

My cardio workoutsI do 2 times a week consists of:

Treadmill (1min walk- 1min run) until I reach 1 kilometer
Crosstrainer 5 mins
Rower 1 km challange
along with all my squats and fitball exercises listed above.

I do 3 classes a week, I do 2 pump classes and 1 fitball classes at intermediate level.

I NEED HELP!

I do all this and am not seeing the results I want. I am gaining muscle quite quickly but not shedding the fat around them. I am hoping that my fat metabolisers will help with this.

I am returning home in 3 weeks for a holiday and want all my family and friends to be astonished at my new body. As they all believed I would move away and become fat and lazy.

I want to prove them wrong.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me in anyway,

reffering exercises, diets anything!

I have 3 weeks to lose about 10 kilos if not more.

I really need help and advice
Hayley Maree
HayleyMaree

Re: I'm New Please Please Help Me!!!

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 pm

It doesn't look like exercise is the problem.
How many calories do you think you eat a day? I wonder if your metabolism hasn't slunk into starvation mode and despite all the exercise it's clinging onto the fat for dear life.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby HayleyMaree » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:21 pm

I really don't know. I don't know how to calculate calories or really even understand them.

I'm not very good at this stuff. That's why I need help.
Hayley Maree
HayleyMaree

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Get onto a site like myfitnesspal (also an smartphone app) and there you can calculate what you eat each day. It is recommended that a woman shouldn't eat below 1200 calories a day and with your activity level it should possibly be up about 2000 (although that is dependant on lots of things).

Checkout that site http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ or google to find others and see how much you're having and how much it recommends that you should be having and you might find the answer to your problem there.
Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby HayleyMaree » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Thank you very much for you help.

I have been researching about Calories all day and am making my self a calorie table of all the foods we eat so I can kee track of them.

I will check out the website now.

Thank you so much
Hayley Maree
HayleyMaree

Postby 3ss3nc3 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 pm

i also use myfitnesspal and its awesome, you can get an app for your phone too.

i think 10kg in 3 weeks is setting yourself up for failure... its taken me 3 months to lose that, and i've been on a strict eating plan and exercising a lot.

personally, i think ditch the shakes and get back to basics- cut out pasta, rice, bread and eat lots of veggies, lean protein and drink buckets of water.
3ss3nc3

Return to Weight loss Talk