It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 am

Free Newsletter

What's everyone eat?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What's everyone eat?

Postby Mayden » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am

I could never give up all bread, potatoes and other carbs, but I did cut down.

Breakfast.

Either eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus on toast and a cup of tea. 1 slice of wholegrain toast. A shake if I am in a hurry.

Fruit, whatever is in season.

Lunch, sometimes I try to eat my main meal at lunch time, if not I have cottage cheese and something else on crispbread.

Dinner

I am having one of the meals from this sites recipes. Having a baked dinner tonight as I will not give up everything, the meat is not cooked in fat and the vegetables only have a light coat of ricebran oil. I cannot see the problem with this every now and then. I love my baked potato, but try to eat more sweet potato. I also only have a small platefull now, that seems to be all I can fit it.

My main meals have always been chicken/fish/lean meat and vegies or salad, so no real change there.

If I am hungry later I will have fresh fruit salad with a bit of low fat custard.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby THE40BY40PROJECT » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 pm

I follow the clean eating principles. Today will be:

Breakfast - 1/2 orange, oats with LSA, wheatgerm, bee polleen, stewed apple, slivered almonds, 2 dried apricots and almond milk.

Morning tea - 2 organic corn cakes with full fat cottage cheese

Lunch - Salad with rocket, cherry tomatos, roasted pumpkin, crumbled fetta, roasted almonds (done myself), balsamic and olive oil dressing with smoked salmon on the side. Home made vegie juice (silverbeet, celery, carrot and 1 apple).

Afternoon - strawberries with natural yoghurt (greek) and black and white chia seeds

Dinner - Grilled baramundi with lots of steamed vegies (but no potatos).

Supper- nuts and 3 squares of dark chocolate.

I eat very well, and only foods I love. I dropped 7.5kg since Boxing Day by eating like this.

Also VERY important to drink 3 litres of water a day.
Paula
Busy working Mum
On a challenge to lose 40 kg by my 40th Birthday in October

SW (26/12/2011) - 102.5kg
CW (13/2/2011) - 95kg
GW - 60kg
THE40BY40PROJECT

Postby StephanieH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:47 am

I'm also one of these people who like variety of foods, not sticking just to some products every day. So there are some things I'm trying avoid: fast-food, pastry (including bread and pasta), chocolate, fat cakes, sugar, salt, fat meat. It doesn't mean that I don't eat birthday cakes, I cook meat without any salt and do not allow myself a piece of chocolate. I do, but rarely.

What I like the most for breakfast is oatmeal or boiled eggs, yoghurt, fruits and vegetables (of course, not that all together). Oh and always some drink - mostly it's green tea - for breakfast it's very good. On other meals I love rice, buckweat, barley, eggs, lean meats, fish, vegetable stews and fresh vegetables, salad, fruits etc. I haven't said abolute 'no' to potatoes, but I eat them rare. I also drink milk, but avoid fat cheese or milk produce with a lot of sugar. Between 3 main meals during the day I'm snacking with berries, some fruits, carrot slices or cabbage. I don't drink any soda or supermarket juices, but always keep with me still water or drink tea (without sugar).
StephanieH

Postby Mike.healthy.living » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 pm

My breakfast:

Alkaline water
Cucumber and tomato on rye bread
Handful of almonds
Avocado

Lunch:

Sallad:
Eggplant
Spinach
Carrots
Tomato
sea salt

All are low acidic foods and very good for your body. I feel a peak of energy every day as long as I stick to the diet. I only sleep 6 hours now each night and feel great. Never going back to my old eating habits:)
Mike.healthy.living

Postby lil_weiron » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:40 pm

depending on the mood im in ..

most days i'll have special K with light start milk & half teaspoon of sugar for taste for breaky

a ham, cheese & tomato sandwich on wholemeal bread or in a wrap toasted (no butter) for lunch

tomato and basil soup for dinner ..or i try to eat meat, any kind at dinner times

im a bit basic im not very creative when it comes to foods nor am i a great cook.. hence the basic foods lol

for snacks i'll have yogurt or sa-ka-ta crackers.. for special drink i have coke zero

im trying to incorporate more protein and less carbs into my meals ..
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Postby Miss Maikeru » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm

For breakfast I have either eggs, mushrooms, sauteed tomato and a bit of light ham,
OR Carmans muesli with Jalna yogurt. I always have a herbal tea whether that be chamomile, peppermint or lemon and ginger.

Morning tea: Usually fruit and a piece of light cheese, or trail mix. (raw cashews, saltanas, sunflower seeds etc)

Lunch: I love making home made soup so I will usually make a big batch and have that for lunches for one week. Either minestrone packed full of veg and chilli, chicken and corn, pumpkin and sweet potato. Yum! If I don't have soup I will have a salad with tuna or chicken, cherry tomatoes, carrot, legumes, avocado and mixed lettuce.

Afternoon tea: Usually another piece of fruit (I love oranges and red grapes) and a chamomile, vanilla and honey tea to kick any cravings.

Dinner: Veg (mushrooms, broccoli, carrot, cauli) and meat! Pork,lean chicken stuffed with sundried tomatoes and light fetta, schnitzels made with quinoa crumbs. I sometimes make a home made pasta with buckwheat or rice pasta as I am wheat sensitive, and that's only every two weeks or something. I also love making stirfrys.
Current Weight: 67.7kg
Goal Weight: 60kg

"If you do things well, do them better.
Be daring, be first, be different, be just."
- Dame Anita Roddick.
Miss Maikeru

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Had a medium rare steak for today. Plus my acaislim diet. Well, cheat day it is. Had a bite of dark chocolate. :D
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby Miss Maikeru » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Love the dark chocolate!
Current Weight: 67.7kg
Goal Weight: 60kg

"If you do things well, do them better.
Be daring, be first, be different, be just."
- Dame Anita Roddick.
Miss Maikeru

Postby nari1208 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:08 am

cereals, milk, fish, oatmeal, wheat loaf, white meat, veggies and fruits/ I also like shakes, soda and lemonade. :)
nari1208

Postby echo13 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi all :)

breakfast:
1/2 cup chickpeas mixed with 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, with an egg baked on top (odd, but delicious)

lunch:
80g chicken breast grilled with some tandoori paste, mixed salad greens and 70g natural yoghurt mixed with 1 tbs lemon juice (BEST salad dressing ever)

dinner:
prawns cooked with honey and chilli, served on steamed broccoli and cauliflower and maybe 1/3 cup rice if I can't resist :)

snacks: full fat natural yoghurt with honey and flaxseeds, handful of strawberries or another piece of fruit.

I just eat when I'm hungry - and yes I have terrible cravings sometimes - as long as I resist MOST of the time things still seem to work out!
SW: 83.2kgs
CW: 76.2kgs
GW: 60kgs
echo13

Postby ThinLizzy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51 am

I eat well (my downfall is exercise and the blues when I eat everything and lots of it :o)

Average day:

BFAST
Huge smoothie w coconut water, banana, berries, Chia seeds, maybe some kale. A hardbolied egg. Maybe coffee - Tahini on wholegrain somedays.

LUNCH
Big salad with beans, or tuna, with nuts sprinkled on top. Sometimes a bit of avo, as well. Or if buying maybe half a walnut pattie salad wrap, or vegie nori rolls.

DINNER
Salmon with salad - A homemade Thai beef salad - Maybe stirfried vegies with tamari on brown rice.

SNACKS
almonds with goji berries or dried cranberries for sweet treat and little protein hit - or a chai with honey.
Apple

Like I said, these are good days, I do love to eat healthilly. On a bad day I do make a few stops at the bakery... Damn you, chocolate croissants!
ThinLizzy

Postby nari1208 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 pm

I eat oatmeal, egg or sandwich for breakfast.
and soup, fish, steak and a bit rice for dinner. :)
nari1208

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk