It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:27 am

Free Newsletter

Lite n' easy - Calories

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite n' easy - Calories

Postby jessmeow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:28 pm

I would like to try Lite n' Easy for various reasons no. 1 being to lose weight. I went on the website and their calculator says I should be having the 1800 cals/day meal plan for the best results however being a full time student I would only (just) be able to afford the 1200 cals/day meal plan.

Would this be ok? I don't really see why not because I've had 1200 calorie/day diets before and been fine and I'm not worried about hunger because I very rarely get hungry anyways. I'm not entirely clear on the reasons why very over weight peoples would eat more calories to lose weight.

Any help would rock! :D

Re: Lite n' easy - Calories

Postby äirly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 am

Hey Jess,

A lot of people seem to be joining LnE at the moment!

I did it last year, mostly successfully. As you've noticed, it can become quite expensive.

I assume your looking at the full plan (3 meals and snacks, 7 days a week)?

My reccomendation would be to do the 1200 cal one, but perhaps 'add in' a little extra - ie, allow one extra serve of fruit. When I went on the 1200 cal one I allowed butter on the vegetables (just kept me a little more sated after dinner - i was ravenous, especially when i started!). I think this would be ok as long as you pre-defined what you were adding.

Other options could be to just do a 5 day plan, or not include breakfast etc. The reasons i wouldn't push these as much, is that in my experience i found i just didnt stick to the plan AT ALL. The end of the week would see me with heaps of LnE food left too because i just wouldnt it eat it all (i'd be too busy eating the 'other' foods!) But this really depends on the person, and this set up might suit you a lot better then is did me, so have a think about it too

Let me know what you end up going with :) And good luck! Hopefully you also have some success with this.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)

Re: Lite n' easy - Calories

Postby Sapphire84 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 am

I agree with the previous poster - could you try maybe just getting the lunch and dinners? Then you could plan a few breakfasts for each day that fit within the calorie allowance. That's what I'm doing at the moment and I feel it's a lot better as you still get a 'choice' so to speak and not locked in for your food all day everyday if you know what I mean! I also get the 5 day plan which means I can enjoy a meal with my hubby on the weekends too.

Hope you enjoy it. I've been doing lite n easy for 2 weeks now (just for the convenience too, I am very time poor!) and have really been enjoying it!
GW:70kg by 1/7/12

Return to Weight loss Talk