It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 am

Free Newsletter

Joined a gym

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Joined a gym

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:53 am

Ok, there is a first time for everything and I have joined a local gym LOL - a special offer includes a personal trainer for 10 weeks so it is all booked and paid for......a snag arises......I got there yesterday and the PT did a health profile on me and told me my blood pressure was high! I gotta see a doctor before I can start! Grrr
We are still building this outdoor entertainment area, and last weekend I was lifting rocks and 25 kilo pavers all weekend and Monday I thought I would jump on the scales and I have gained 4 kilo's in a month!!!!! Hence the visit to the gym!!
My clothes are still loose fitting so buggered if I know....
Ok gotta go to the doctors today, so hope this raise in blood pressure does not affect me starting my programme tomorrow...if is does you will here me scream all the way from Tas! :-)

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:59 am

Well done on joining the gym Tas..I hope it goes well for you!! I also hope that the doctors goes well too!! Let us know how you go on both fronts mate!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:05 am

Hi maria

best wishes at the dr's hope everything turns out ok. you might just need to go on some form of medication to help or it couldve been from being at the gym! i know a lot of people whose blood pressure rises when theyre put in awkward or scary situations! hope everything goes well with the PT!

you may just be building muscle or retaining fluid. take measurements to see where you are shrinking! take care of yourself!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:23 am

Wow Maria 10 weeks with a PT that is a great offer.

Best of luck with your check up with the doc. The gym I went to never checked all that stuff and I would have been about 75kgs at the time. Although I had already been doing plenty of exercise before joining.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:48 pm

Good going maria . Let us know what the Doc says . Hope it is all ok
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Vixen » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 pm

How are you enjoying the gym and your PT sessions>
Start weight: 129kg
Current weight: 102kg
Vixen

Postby Tas » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:02 am

Hi
I am really enjoying the gym! It is actually fun!
I had to go to the doctor first because of headaches and a rise in blood pressure - apparently the headaches were tension ones. My blood pressure is now normal.
The PT was/is excellent, I see him at least once a week. He set out a routine for me and when I visit the gym (daily) I leave my records in a basket and he checks them daily. From there I have joined a couple of classes - the first one last Monday was, wait for it.... :lol: BOX AND BURN!!! I had a ball - I was knackered at the end of it but it was great fun.
The class comprised of some of the most athlete folk and some of the most unfit ones but you just go at your own pace. There was all different ages and fitness levels at the class. I loved the boxing!! What a fantastic release and NO more headaches either!
I look forward to going and every day I work my daily rountine (running a business and small hobby farm) around the gym!

Highly recommend it - in less than a week I have reduced my measurements but NO scale weight loss as yet - although I am not concerned about the scales.

I get my measurements taken in about 3 weeks time (30 days from start) - but I can all ready feel the difference in my clothes.

I should be down to 70 kilo's in about 6 months time (around July) but having a great time getting there.....

Cheers
Maria
Tas
Tas

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 am

hey maria

glad you are having a ball!! theres nothing worse than exercise that you HATE doing. i think you need variety and fun to encourage you to do it more often :) best wishes and keep us updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:31 am

good going maria . Isnt it great to release all that tension heheh
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Tas » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:35 am

Yep Jules, I loved punching the bag - felt quite good really LOL
hence, no more tension headaches!
Maria
Tas AU
Tas

Postby KimE » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:06 pm

That gym sounds great Maria could you let me know which one it is.

You are doing fab getting up and doing the classes etc, good for you and keep it up. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk