It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Good Leg Exercises?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Good Leg Exercises?

Postby GreyBaroque » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 am

Good morning all :)

I've been walking and running lately, and have also been doing a heck load of sit-ups. I need to get the muscles in my legs stronger in order to burn more fat there - apart from lunges and squats (which I will start doing), are there any other good leg exercises I can do?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

- Candy
GreyBaroque

Re: Good Leg Exercises?

Postby Mayden » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Candy,

This exercise was part of my program when I used to go to the gym, it is great as you only need a step.

Stand on a step and gradually lower your heels over the edge of the step until you experience a strong pull at the back of the heels and in the calves. Hold onto the railing for stability. Maintain this position for 10 seconds, then go back up on your toes.

Thanks for reminding me I will do some when I get back from my walk tonight.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby GreyBaroque » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks so much :) I will definitely be doing those exercises today after my run!
GreyBaroque

Postby bethanyherman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:31 pm

You have to remember that you also have to reduce the amounts of carbohydrates and fats in your diet. You can also try exercises such as the bicycle, leg lifts, or leg slide.
bethanyherman

Postby Seven3 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Weighted step ups
Deadlifts, both regular and stiff legged (great for the hamstrings, glutes and lower back, aka posterior chain)
Squats for sure, you already mentioned them. But they call them the king of exercises for a reason.

I'm a big fan of compound lifts for general fitness, isolation moves like leg extensions/curls and to a lesser extent leg press are for bodybuilders looking for mass rather than strength.

Just my opinion
Seven3

Return to Weight loss Talk