It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:19 am

Free Newsletter

Lite n' Easy Review

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite n' Easy Review

Postby b3n » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey guys,

I just started doing Lite n' Easy and I thought I'd make a post to talk about it and see if anyone else has tried it and what did they think.
Im doing the 1800 cal lunch and dinners for 5 days. Started my second week today.

Pros.
The convienience is great. I love having everything sorted and ready to go.
Most of the food tastes pretty good. If you were to serve the dinners to me without knowing where it came from Id think it was home made.
Delivery is easy. Gets here really early so I can start the day it arrives.
Its NOT low carb!

Cons

Tiny portions! I know portion control is the key but Im use to eating meals 2/3 times bigger! Its taking some getting use to thats for sure.
The amount of meat they give you is piddly! 3 fingers worth at most!
Everytime i get a chicken meal its never chicken breast which is odd as its the leanest part of the chicken. Its always thigh
Fruit is hard as a rock, maybe thats because its in the fridge. I might try taking it out.

Something that confuses me is that although im on an 1800cal plan, When I count the calories of the day sometimes they add up to only 700-800 calories. I get that im suppose to get my own bfast but surely not a 1100 calorie one. They do give u additional snacks which if i eat, takes me closer to the 1800 mark but on the menu it says they are optional.

So far I think ive lost about a kilo but its hard to tell with me as I fluctuate between 2-3 kilos throughout the week. I havent started exercising yet but Im going to try my best this week to get out there every day which sure increase my loss.

Id love to hear anyone elses opinions/reviews etc on lite n' easy :)

Ben
b3n

Re: Lite n' Easy Review

Postby Sapphire84 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I've been on lite n easy for 4 weeks now and have lost 4kg :) I am a shift worker and have a toddler, plus I am caring for my terminally ill mother so having healthy, nutritious food ready to go in the fridge is a huge attraction for me.

I must admit that I don't love everything they give me (most of the main meals I have enjoyed but some of the snacks I'm not into) but overall I would definitely recommend it. The dinners are really great, much tastier than previous frozen meals I have tried, and the lunches are great. I usually stick to my own breakfasts.

Hope you're going well ben!
SW:92kg
CW:90kg
GW:70kg by 1/7/12

Sapphire84

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 am

Interesting to read that, I'm about to do a similar plan to you where you get lunches and dinners but not the breakies. To do the whole lot is very expensive when the wife is doing it as well.
natharas

Postby evepuss » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I have only just started a week ago and I love Lite n Easy.

Super handy, everything is there. I work apps 60+ hours a week in my own business and have kids
to run around after. This makes life sooo much (Lite n) easier .... :)
evepuss

Return to Weight loss Talk