It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:16 am

Free Newsletter

Quick question about weighing.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Quick question about weighing.

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Just a quick questions for all of you lovely ladies (and men! I'm not sure if there are any out there- but if so- hello!) ...How often do you all weight yourselfs? Daily, Weekly? Fortnightly?

I'm just battling with the urge to weight myself to see if I've lost anything- but thinking maybe I should wait for an entire week?

Life's a garden, dig it!!!

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:43 pm

definitely wait at least a week. Daily fluctuations happen due to a variety of factors and weight loss isn't instant - the boost your metabolism gets from exercise/muscle building keeps fat burning for ages!

Even weekly, you can get considerable variations - depending on all sorts of things - how much fluid you have on board, what time of month it is for girls, what you ate the day before, how much you have sweated, whether you need to go to the toilet, etc etc...

You might get a more accurate idea from monthly weigh-ins, or even three monthly if you can last that long!

The BEST BEST BEST way to measure your weight loss is to squeeze into a pair of jeans and monitor how well they fit, or whip out the measuring tape.. it's the best way to see results and it won't mess with your head like the scales do!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:14 am

MissE wrote:I weigh every morning. I know there are a hundred reasons not to, but I just like to keep a tight rein. I know if im 'bad' the day before I can look at the scales and feel accountable. If i weigh less often, i feel like i leave it to chance, with daily weighing I can plan my day strictly according to fluctuations.
Having said that I dont freak out if I've gained, I just up my water and make sure not to have anything 'naughty'.
I ONLY weigh first thing in the morning, after going to the loo and before eating and drinking. I never weigh at any other time of the day. It's my little ritual.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:15 am

i officially weigh in every wednesday but sometimes i cant help myself and weigh in on other days but its usually only once or twice a week other than the wednesday. i weigh in fridays too now because of the christmas challenge

Postby KimE » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:10 am

I currently weigh in weekly but am starting monthly as of today! I may still do a check up once a week but my official weigh in will be the start and end of each month.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Fluffy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:32 pm

I weigh myself once a week, usually Saturday mornings. I always wear the same clothes and use the same set of scales. I think you should only stick to once a week to get an accurate and consistent picture of how you are travelling...

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:08 pm

once a week here in the morn with pjs on
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:13 am

I only weigh in once a week....there are a very odd occasion I may have a sneak peak half way through the week, but that is few and far between.

Postby Neney » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:13 pm

I know I shouldn't but I do weigh each day. I don't get upset if I have gained because I remind myself of fluid retention and so forth, but it just gives me that little jolt of fear (for lack of a better word) so I don't slip up during the day.
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Postby APT » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:13 pm

Heheh i do the same thing, weigh myself everyday, but more as positive encouragement rather than jolt of fear!

My pet peave is all the women who complain that they've put on 2kg since yesterday, and I have to explain to them fluid fluctuations, if you've just eaten etc, and to go on the trend over a week, but they just don't get it :cry:

Good to see you're all more intelligent! :lol:

Return to Weight loss Talk