In a nutshell (as I understand it, I'm a beginer as well
- eat 5 or 6 small meals a day
- drink LOTS OF water 2-3 litres
- eat everything as close to its natural state as possible (avoid anti-food)
- meals need to consist of lean protein and complex carbs
- avoid sugar and all foods containing sugar
I have added lots of superfoods to my diet and cut out all the junk. I have given up coke zero and most sugar (I still have fruit, a small amount of honey, agave etc).
Everything I eat now is a power pack of nutritan, hence why I started to feel better, more energetic etc IMMEDIATELY (within a day). The wonderful thing about clean eating is you start to feel better straight away, and you lose weight straight away. My eyes and skin are clearer, my hair is shinny and I look so much better than I did 6 weeks ago.
The best way to lose weight that I have ever come across