It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 am

Free Newsletter

Calories

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calories

Postby shanel798004 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi there everyone. I'm new to the forum and I'm guessing there has been a million and one posts on calorie consumption already but I figure I'll get an answer a little faster if I just create a new topic. I have searched so many different sites, used so many different calculators and have been given so many different numbers that my brain is about to explode. I'll give you all some info on myself and where I'm at and where I want to be and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or even answer my question. I want to know how many calories I should be consuming per day and how many I should be burning off in order to lose weight. I'm 163cs or 5 foot 3 inches. 32 years old, female and weight 65kgs. I've always had a great metabolism...until I hit 30. I want to get down to 60kgs. I work in a warehouse 5 days a week. I lift on average 1000kgs and I'm on my feet walking about 7kms a day. I exercise at night when I come home. Nothing massive, about 500 sit ups a day, 15 minutes on an eliptical burning about 170 calories. I've aso just started going to the gym and doing treadmill work and some weights. Now that I've joined the gym I plan on going every second day and increasing my calorie burn to about 500 per day through exercise. On my off days I'll be going for a half hour walk or 15 minutes on the eliptical and doing sit ups. I don't consider myself over weight. I just have a spare tyre that I'd like to get rid of before I go to Hawaii in April. I'm currently eating 1200 calories a day and burning about 300 with exercise, not including anything I do during the day at work. I eat very healthy during the day and have Lite and Easy meals for dinner. I've lost 2 kilos in just under 3 weeks. I drink atleast 2 litres of water a day. I know I haven't got much to lose but I've been working my butt off and have just stopped noticing any change over the last week. I also feel that my calorie intake may be too low. I don't feel as if I'm eating enough to give my body fuel to burn. I just feel like falling asleep when I get home from work. Being hungry when I get home from work is just making me lethargic and unmotivated to do anything. I read somwhere that I should be consuming 1800 calories and burning 500 with exercise. Somewhere else has said I should only be eating 1200. I'm so confused and it's doing my head in.
shanel798004

Re: Calories

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:30 am

I'm no expert - but I do think 1200 cal could be too low?

I know it can be confusing as to how much you should have.... and the more you search the more answers you get and they are all different!!

I found this a helpful place to get an idea of what I should be eating - http://www.kriskris.com/how-many-calori ... eat-a-day/

It gives you a Basal rate and then recommends how many calories per day you should eat then you can work out your calories from there with a formula

Hope that helps?

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Return to Weight loss Talk