It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Will the meal replacements work for me?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Will the meal replacements work for me?

Postby AliMadison » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to lose weight, i am currently 55kgs and want to lose 5-10 more as fast as possible.
I was wondering if the meal replacement shakes still work for people who only want to lose a little bit of weight.
My BMI says that i'm almost underweight but I know there is still a lot of weight left for me to lose.
I'm worried that the shakes will have more calories than if i just eat normally because i'm not a big eater.
I don't want to spend a lot of money on shakes just to put on more weight.
Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
AliMadison

Re: Will the meal replacements work for me?

Postby StephanieH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:02 am

Hi, Ali Madison!

If you have 55kgs, you want to lose 5-10kgs more and your BMI says you are almost underweight, meal replacement shakes is not a good choice. I actually think that in your situation the most important thing is to eat healthy and to exercise, not going on extreme diets. With these kinds of diets you will damage your health - do not experiment with your body because that's the only one you will have for the rest of your life. The right food is what helps you to lose weight, but not saying 'no' to food. You need exercises and workouts combined with healthy food, not with with meal replacements.
StephanieH

Postby AliMadison » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:52 pm

[/quote]
StephanieH wrote:Hi, Ali Madison!

If you have 55kgs, you want to lose 5-10kgs more and your BMI says you are almost underweight, meal replacement shakes is not a good choice. I actually think that in your situation the most important thing is to eat healthy and to exercise, not going on extreme diets. With these kinds of diets you will damage your health - do not experiment with your body because that's the only one you will have for the rest of your life. The right food is what helps you to lose weight, but not saying 'no' to food. You need exercises and workouts combined with healthy food, not with with meal replacements.

Thank-you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying, but I am not even close to being under weight. I do eat healthy and exercise daily. I don't see this as extreme dieting, I am just wondering if it would be benificial to my weightloss goals if I replace one meal a day with a shake.
AliMadison

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:33 pm

How tall are you and what age are you please? I remember being 55 kilos, in fact I was that until I was 40. You have already said in the first post that BMI was close to underweight. I think you should just enjoy being the weight you are, keep eating healthy and getting exercise. I never worried about anything I ate when I was younger, but then again there was not as much junk food and this obsession with body image as there is today.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby AliMadison » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Mayden wrote:How tall are you and what age are you please? I remember being 55 kilos, in fact I was that until I was 40. You have already said in the first post that BMI was close to underweight. I think you should just enjoy being the weight you are, keep eating healthy and getting exercise. I never worried about anything I ate when I was younger, but then again there was not as much junk food and this obsession with body image as there is today.

I am about 170cms tall and I am 19 (almost 20). I just want to be smaller. I know I can get there I just need advice on the shakes.
AliMadison

Return to Weight loss Talk