It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Motivation

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Motivation

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 am

I want to know what different ways I can motivate myself without hating myself.

I do have my boyfriend for support, but he cannot always be there. So I look at myself, feel awful, then eat less and go to the gym, I really don't think that is good for my mental health so I'm wondering what other ways you motivate yourself?
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 109.8
Start: 109.8
①: ②: ③: ④: ⑤:
⑥: ⑦: ⑧: ⑨: ⑩:
⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 1: Eat more fruit and veggies
sarahlovesjeff

Re: Motivation

Postby StephanieH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 am

Let me share my personal motivation methods!

I'm always keeping in my mind why I'm doing something - do I want to look better, do I want to live long and healthy life with more energy, do I want to feel better in my body? When you keep the main goal - imagine feelings achieving your goal will give you! And try to feel it already in your daily life! It sometimes might seem very confusing - like dreaming about something what seems to be not real, but it helps you to move on. It is always good to write down on a paper what exactly you want to achieve and what benefits you and people around you will get from achieving your goals. Write it down and read it regularly! And see you goals, not just your problems. You are already working to solve your problems!

What helps me to stay on track is finding a way of exercising which I can enjoy. So, here are my personal things I love in exercising: jogging, some fitness workouts, hula-hoop and dancing. I'm sure you can find some exercises you can really enjoy! And when you are enjoying something, it's easier to stay comitted to it and there is no reason to hate yourself.

You could also start to write your weight loss blog: when you have readers you kind of become responsible in front of your readers and you stay motivated to show others that you can do it!

And there is also rewarding yourself! Forget rewarding your achievements with food - there are lot of nice things in this world except fat cakes and sugar! Is there something you are especially enjoying? For example, if you like theatre, reward yourself for achievements with going to the theatre when you see some results!

Read success stories of other people - it is really inspiring!

I guess we all are always fighting with our own minds telling us - "You can't achieve it", "You look stupid doing it", "Stop it" etc. I actually think the biggest is the battle with mind, not with our extra weight. When we have won the battle with our mind and when we are finally friends with our thoughts, we can achieve everything. What has helped me to stay in peace with my mind is meditation.

Remember that you could hate yourself if you were not doing anything. But you are working! Wow! You should actually love yourself that you are really doing something to feel better! You are making yourself smarter - educating yourself about weight loss, working out, eating healthy. And I'm sure you are also inspiring other people just by doing it! You really should love yourslef: there are millions of people just complaining about problems doing nothing for it, but have been stong and courageous enough to take a step! Good luck!
StephanieH

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Thank you Stephanie! :]
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 109.8
Start: 109.8
①: ②: ③: ④: ⑤:
⑥: ⑦: ⑧: ⑨: ⑩:
⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 1: Eat more fruit and veggies
sarahlovesjeff

Postby MeowKapow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:25 am

I'm a very visual person and I've taken to looking through the fitness and fashion categories on Pinterest to get me motivated http://pinterest.com/all/?category=fitness It's user generated content so not all of it is great but you can make your own boards and pins. I use it like an inspiration board :)
MeowKapow

Return to Weight loss Talk