It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:15 am

Free Newsletter

Optislim vs Healthy Eating & Exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Optislim vs Healthy Eating & Exercise

Postby MustGetFit » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi all,

Just wanting to know your opinions/experience etc on Optislim shakes vs Healthy Eating.

I obviously want to lose weight (main goal 60kgs - but happy for 40 :)) and want to lose about 30 kgs by October. I go gym, well just started up again, and do both cardio and weights. But when it comes to my energy input, I'm at a loss. My Dr. suggested trying Optislim shakes, I have in the past and it either gave me an upset belly or didn't fill me up and left me starving and pretty pissed off cos I was so hungry. It kind of worked, but I never felt happy and full. I have a Fernwood Food Coaching booklet, as I was seeing their dietitian and was thinking of going back to it. But, after a month of following their plan last time and exercising, I did not see a difference or any weight loss (maybe because of the muscle I gained through weights?)

The Fernwood booklet suggests for breakfast things like....1 egg 1 toast 200ml yoghurt, OR 3 WeetBix 1 c Skim Milk OR 2 toast 1/2 c All Bran 1/2 c skim Milk.

I have PCOS so I know that is a factor, but even to eat better and kick start things....any advice? :(

Re: Optislim vs Healthy Eating & Exercise

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 am

Just my opinion, for what it's worth, but you've gotta eat food. I like the ideas that you've said for breakfast and I always like a but up apple, some berries and yoghurt on top. Give yourself a freee pass to eat any veges you want and steer clear of processed stuff.

Jillian Michaels had PCOS and while it doesn't help in losing weight it is entirely possible to do it and be fit and healthy.

Postby lil_weiron » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey there,

In the past i tried the shake diet, I was gaining weight and didn't know why so my dr told me to go on a shake diet.. so i did... I was only on it for 2 weeks and I lost about 3-4kilos .. that is with light exercise too .. but then i found out the reason why i was gaining weight was because i was pregnant.. (silly doctor should of checked all possibilities before recommending dieting) but anyway the foods you mention sound alot similar to the protein diets which ive been learning about through the Censored (BT) dvds... its supposed to re-educate us on how the body works to break down and burn fats etc .. eat 3 snacks and 3 main meals of protein foods avoid get ur metabolism working faster (most ppl deprive themselves which ends up slowing their metabolism down)

maybe search for some of the BT recipes.. i know alot of people share theirs online ..

oh and i wouldn't worry about what the scales say .. if your gaining muscle etc then the scales aren't going to tell you how much fat you've lost because muscle is more dense then fat ... you can lose cm's but the scales might only show 1kg loss but as long as your happy with the results you see thats the main thing ! good luck :-)

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 am

Eat real food.

It's about making a PERMANENT change to the way you eat, not going on a diet - are you going to drink optislim for the rest of your life?

You'll never unlearn your bad habits with gimmicky things like weight loss shakes.

And they are soooo high in sugar. They are really bad for you - the only reason you lose weight on them is the drastic cut back in calories, but you are not getting a balanced, healthy and above all SUSTAINABLE diet.

Plus as you said you didn't like them, they are not satisfying.

If the fernwood plan didn't work for you after 4 weeks or so then eat the same foods but eat less of them... and/or exercise more

Return to Weight loss Talk