It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Really Feeling down

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Really Feeling down

Postby bextas » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 am

Hi Everyone,
I have struggled with my weight all my life and am now 34 and trying for a baby. In order to get to the highest weight for my height I need to loose 10 stone but I just can't seem to get motivated. I start the day with good intentions and then by lunchtime it all goes out the window! Today at lunch I drove to the supermarket and bought all sorts of crap food and then sat in my car and ate it so now I feel tired, bloated and very fat. I know that just loosing 3 stone would make me feel so much better and I also know that loosing the weight may help me conceive and have the one thing I want most in the world and yet I still fail. I have a great partner, good job and lovely home but I feel so unattractive and lost right now. I have access to a free gym at work so could use that every day but feel very self concious so would prefer to just do a walk/run around home. Anyway any advice or motivation would be very gratefully received. I love all fruit and veg so that's not a problem my issue is massive binge eating.
Thanks for listening.
bextas

Re: Really Feeling down

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:37 am

Normally I just tell people that they have to stop buying it, stop eating it but there's a bit more going on here. I hate getting all Oprah or Dr Phil on you but is there something else going on? Perhaps a chat with a therapist wouldn't hurt.

otherwise .. think of the end prize! A baby! Just say NO to the crap .. don't buy it, don't eat it and you're on the way to your goals.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby newyork » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 am

Hi Bextas,

I struggle with same thing (minus wanting to have a baby). Its tough to stop the binges if all you think about is food, what you can go out and buy to bing on etc. Though what might be helpful is to elimate the thinking part of food. Can you go on Lite and Easy or Jenny Craig where all the food is supplied? It is tough to get through the first week, but once you are used to the portions, its such a relief to not have to think about what your next meal will be- it's aready done for you! While I don't advise these diets are successful long term, they may help you start to change your eating habits and set you on a good path. Good luck xx
newyork

Postby natharas » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:36 am

I agree go on something like lite n easy, I am and only get the lunches and dinners I found its great and my wife can see the difference. Do you have a treadmill at home, we picked one up second hand for $50 and now I'm on it everyday. It will also help you to build some confidence before you use the free gym at work.

Good luck though and there is plenty of people on here that would give you support.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
natharas

Postby MeowKapow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 am

I'm an emotional eater, struggled with binges and had a hell of a lot of trouble gaining momentum to begin weight loss. What helped me was to exercise, not as a way to lose weight but to feel fitter and stronger. Once I felt fitter and stronger physically it started helping me feel stronger mentally and more in tune with my body as something to be taken care of instead of punished. I agree with Metalcharm that you should look at what else might be bothering you. Best wishes!
MeowKapow

Return to Weight loss Talk