It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:14 am

Free Newsletter

Home exercise > gym?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Home exercise > gym?

Postby Rangar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 am

I've moved house and the only way I've been able to go to gym is due to the fact my work is located in the same complex.
I'm now being transferred to work which is closer to home, unfortunately this means I have no way of getting to the gym. The closest one to me is a 5km walk, which I would be happy to walk, but I generally work out in the mornings and don't believe I'd get to work on time.

My question is, if I were to do my work outs at home, would I still get the same results as I would going to the gym?
I believe most work out DVDs are cardio and I generally do circuit weight training at Contours.

Suggestions would be great, thank you!

Re: Home exercise > gym?

Postby Nancy101 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:18 am

Yes.. If you follow daily routing then you will also get the best results even you do not go to Gym.
Buy some exercise dvds and eat nutritional food,Do Yoga.Make a plan for each day. If you follow these then defiantly you will get the best results.

Re: Home exercise > gym?

Postby journeyto80 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:25 am

Id suggest a treadmill.... They are a great way of getting moving - just have to remember to use it all the time. Set yourself a daily goal - get dressed like your going to the gym and jump on and do 45min in the morning before work. Or do it while watching TV - i use to do it during home and away :)

You can hire them, or buy them cheaper on gumtree or ebay.

:) :)
Journey to 80
Start Weight:128Kg
Current Weight:125kg
Goal: 80kg
Height: 170cm
Completed: 10 week exercise challenge (gained muscle and improved on all fitness assessments)
First Goal: 10km Fun Run on June 16th, Friends Wedding June 17th.... Want to look 10kg in 10 weeks.

Return to Weight loss Talk