It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 am

Free Newsletter

Christmas Parties ....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Christmas Parties ....

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 pm

My husband and I have 5 Christmas parties to attend in the next few weeks .... HELP! We are excpected to attend them all (mine and hubbies work). Looking for advice and information to help me through this hard period......... Thank you!!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Mandie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Always have a drink of water in your hand.. even alongside an alcoholic one! Water will help fill you up so you will indulge less..

Also, eat something healthy (and filling) before you go - NEVER go to a cocktail party hungry, you will eat a million spring rolls and things! Also, try to keep track of what you eat - try not to get into double figures with the canapes (it's harder than it sounds..)

Have fun, DANCE (burns calories!)!!!!!

Enjoy yourself :D
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Oh, and my own personal favourite - chewing gum or strong mints in the handbag...

When you think you are eating too much and need to cut back on nibbles, have a strong mint and it will stop you for a little while at least!
Mandie

Postby Fluffy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:40 pm

I completely agree with everything that Mandie has said. I think I have about 5 to attend myself plus an engagement party tomorrow night.

My advice is to make good eating decisions wherever you can. Someone once said to me you need to make the best possible bad choice if that makes sense? I think that we can't be too hard on ourselves either. As long as overall you have the right mindset then that's the most important thing.
Fluffy

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:07 pm

yup mandie is right alternate between water and alcohol and have something small ie soup before u go so u are not tempted
jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Thanks for that guys ..... I will stock my handbag with mints ... at least my breath will smell nice!!! This is always the worst time of the year for food and ... how could I forget ... EASTER!!!!! :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:09 am

Hey Sassy the girls have given you some great tips there, I am going to add one more (or 3)!!

Make sure you grab a plate, don't just eat from the table as there is no way you can keep track of what you are eating!! Put what you would like on that plate and then don't go back for seconds.

Don't stand near the table!! This is an easy way to just 'pick' your way through the evening and before you know it, you have eaten your way through most of the table!!

Have a small healthy meal before you go, even if it is just a small salad or something. This will help you fill up a bit more so that you are not so ravenous when you get there and will enable you to make better choices.

I hope this helps you and mate as Kate has said several times, you don't have to eat to be social....so go and have a great time (5 times over!!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:08 am

some really good ideas there. remember my number one philosophy- you dont need to eat to be social. if you walk around with a drink of juice or punch or something and mingle with people you wont have time to eat with all the talking!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:19 am

Some great advice there that we can all use and I think I will be fine at any stand up things as most are during the day at work and I never drink due to having to ride home and generally keep the water coming.

Most of our Chrissy things this year are sit down meals so just need to keep the choices reasonable.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:23 pm

What a lot of great ideas :D Definitely drink heaps of water, eat before you go, and stand/sit as far away from the food as possible! Oh and another idea to add, which might be a bit silly, but wear some really nice lipstick - you won't want to eat and be left with that "outline" look. Or worse still, have little bits of food stuck in the lipstick :lol: :roll:
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk