It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Free Newsletter

How fast is too fast ( rapid weightloss )

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How fast is too fast ( rapid weightloss )

Postby sp3nny » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Hey Guys,

I started my No to low-carb diet 7 days ago, in addition to doing a half an hour of boxing per day and taking the dogs for a run in the afternoon. I have bacon, sausages eggs and beans twice a week for breakfast, the other days i'll usually have a smoothy that consists of almond milk ( unsweetened, coconut milk, raspberries, blue berries and protein powder. ) for breakfast. Lunch ive been eating something like beef curry on vegetables instead of rice, and dinner usually chicken and salad or something like that. In between I would snack on apples, brazil nuts and almonds. I only drink water, no juices or anything. I started at 121KG, and weighed myself yesterday and i was 115.5kg. I am a little shocked as I have heard fast weightloss is dangerous ? I even had a little chocolate on easter day :S Should try reintroduce some more carbs to slow it down ?
sp3nny

Re: How fast is too fast ( rapid weightloss )

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Don't worry, it's mostly not fat loss. Most of what you lost will be water and some muscle weight. Your overall weight will bounce around over the next few months but as your body gets used to the changed diet the magnitude of change will diminish. You'll likely see much of those 5 kilos come back over the next few weeks and that will cause more alarm! :-)

So, don't worry, just drink plenty of water, eat well and eat above the recommended daily minimum kilojoules for a person of your gender and weight.
CronicBadger

Re: How fast is too fast ( rapid weightloss )

Postby TheHomeOfWeightLoss » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:30 am

CronicBadger wrote:Don't worry, it's mostly not fat loss. Most of what you lost will be water and some muscle weight. Your overall weight will bounce around over the next few months but as your body gets used to the changed diet the magnitude of change will diminish. You'll likely see much of those 5 kilos come back over the next few weeks and that will cause more alarm! :-)

So, don't worry, just drink plenty of water, eat well and eat above the recommended daily minimum kilojoules for a person of your gender and weight.

Agreed with what Cronic is saying, most of it will be your water-weight and not exactly all fat loss. Although you do want to be carefull when losing weight quickly, you should be aiming to lose purely FAT and retaining as much lean muscle tissue as possible.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No advertising in your sigs, please!
TheHomeOfWeightLoss

Return to Weight loss Talk