It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss help needed

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss help needed

Postby Brendantastic » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

New to the forum and I need a bit of help, not sure if I am doing the right thing.
Little bit about me, I am 27, 190cms tall,most of my fat sits around my chest and stomach area.
At the start of 2009 I was 190 kilo, I began to eat heathly and all that jazz and by the start of 2011 I was 140 Kilo.
In November 2011 I started on Rapid loss shakes, and by the end of Feb I was at 125 but they seemed to stop working though I only ever intended to use them as a kickstart to shake things up a bit.
Anyway since the start of April I have been eating and doing the following. I sleep regualr hours 10:30pm - 7:30 am
I work a desk job so, other than the exercise stated I am pretty much sitting about or moving very little.

Breakfast - 8am
2 eggs Scrambled, low fat milk.
1 Piece of fruit

+ 2hours -10am
2 Wholewheet Saladas with 2 portions of Laughing cow light cheese
1 Piece of fruit

+ 1 hour - 11am
Yoga I follow ... re=related to warm up
and then I do ... re=related to kick my ass

+ 1 hour Lunch -12pm
1 Potato sliced and boiled
Half a head of Broccoli Steamed
Half a tin of red kidney beans which is about 120grams
1 Chicken Drumstick cooked in the oven

+ 2hours 2pm
Weight Watches Museli bar
Stick of celery

+ 3 hours 5pm
Cup of Peas steamed
Other half of the tin of red kidney beans
Other half of the head of broccoli steamed
2 chicken drumsticks cooked in the oven

+ 1hour 30 mins 6:30pm
30min run as far as I can, then walk the rest of the way

+ 1hours 7pm
Tub of low fat yogurt

Calculated it to be about 1900 Calories.

I do this every day except Sunday, which I don't exercise or yoga. I have 2 meal replacement shakes, and then dinner which is whatever I have left over from the other 6 days. Usualy it's peas, broccoli and red kidney beans. And I drink nothing but water and lots of it everyday.

I've been doing this since the start of April to no change in my weight, though I do feel like I have lost weight. If I stick with this should I see improvements, I think I am just feeling a little discouraged and any input would be welcome.

Re: Weight loss help needed

Postby generalm3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

I'd recommend having Porridge Oats for breakfast, a reasonably sized bowl of porridge is filling and gives you lots of energy. It also a really satisfying meal with a little salt and milk.

Postby generalm3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 pm

I'd also add more greens to your diet, lettuce, Sprouts spinach etc etc. Try doing to jump rope routines a few times a week, a surprisingly excellent calorie burning exercise.

Postby TheHomeOfWeightLoss » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 am

Have you figured out your BMR and daily caloric expenditure? Although your eating 1900 calories it might be too little or too much for your weight/height. Try calculating these first and then matching your meal plan to around about 100-200 calories under your daily requirements and you should start to see results. This is also going to help preserve muscle mass, you dont want to be eating too little and losing both fat and lean tissue.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Ads removed

Return to Weight loss Talk