It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:43 am

Free Newsletter

self esteem

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

self esteem

Postby gemma12 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

my self esteem is really low :( what shall i do to overxcome it? Helpppp
gemma12

Re: self esteem

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 am

If it's obesity that is causing your lack of self esteem then your only option is to get rid of your excess weight.

During this process, set yourself a lot of small goals. They don't all have to be weight goals, but it does help if they're related in some way, eg being able to walk around the block without stopping. Not eating chocolate for a straight seven days. That sort of thing.

Each time you succeed in reaching one of the goals congratulate yourself and record it in a diary so you can come back and read them in the future when you need to remind yourself that you can achieve positive results. It may seem silly, but it does work for some people.

These small successes can be the foundations for rebuilding self-esteem that was knocked down by failure.
CronicBadger

Re: self esteem

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 am

When you are feeling good, write it down, what are you doing at that time, what have you done to make you feel this way... Look for some affirmations on the web that you think will help you reach your goals... Make small conscience steps, get your nails done, a new hairstyle - tell yourself you're beautiful/sexy/healthy!
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Return to Weight loss Talk