It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 am

Free Newsletter

Frustrated

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Frustrated

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:13 am

Ok this is a bit of a rant so bare with me people!!

As those of you who read my PP know, I am having a lot of trouble with TTOTM. They stopped on me when I gained weight and I was getting all the bloating associated with them and then nothing for around 6 months. Well last month..yippee I received a blessing in disguise (on my hubbie's birthday of all things 24th October) a wait for it...23 day period!! Since then, I bloated up again 9 days later as if I was getting them again and nothing!! So here I am again puffed up like a puffer fish and waiting for them to arrive.

I am at breaking point as I feel that I am eating ok and now I have started to exercise again, but my weight loss is incredibly slow. I am getting really frusrated as I feel that the ups and downs of regaining a regular cycle is the main culprit. The rational me says that it will pass and the good losses will return, but the other part of me is just getting really P'ed off.

I know that it is no doubt fluid gain as my clothes are getting looser and my wedding ring is just about slipping of the ole finger, but I can't help but feel disappointed when I get on the scales after I know I have had a great week eating wise and they show a 0.1kg loss, or worse a gain.

Scott is really great at being supportive AND kicking my butt when I need it, and I am really motivated to lose the weight, but at the moment I feel like crap!! Any suggestions ladies and gents???
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Tas » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:33 am

Hi Ally

I can't offer any advice on this - I can only imgaine that is it fluid retention and that it will pass.

I am sure you will start seeing the results as soon as this passes.

I hope someone here can offer you some other reasons as I can tell you are really frustrated with it.

Here for support

Maria
Tas
Tas

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:55 am

Hey ally :)

i know this has been frustrating you for some time now and i really feel for you mate. you try damn hard to shift that weight! is there anything the dr can offer you? you shouldnt be retaining fluid so much? i think you said you are allergic to the pill? because i know that would help keep things regular but maybe there is some sort of hormone therapy you can go on to make your cycles regular? im sure once you start losing mroe weight your body will start a regular cycle on its own but how are you supposed to lose the weight between now and then? wish mandie wa shere to help .... :(
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:44 am

I’m not going to be much help here apart from offering support and a *hugs* of course. Oh, Ally that must be really frustrating and I remember kinda going off the rails when I had a 0.3kg gain when I had eaten sensibly and exercised all week. I think at the time it was due to my body rebalancing fluid due to giving blood the week before, I don’t know but that’s what I put it down to.

I agree with Kate, perhaps see the doc and see if there is anything he can give you and if it is normal for you to retain fluid like this. The body is an amazing machine but I don’t have a lot of understanding of it.

Try to listen to the more rational side of your thinking, that it will pass and you will be back on track but I know that is not always easy. We are here to listen to any rants Ally so scream out whenever you need to.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:04 am

I think I can sympathise with you Ally. I haven't seen mine in well over three months, but I think I'm still getting PMS symptoms roughly every month. (Eg I had a giant headache and pre-period pains last night and still have the headache this morning... I don't know whether I'm up or down at the moment, and the backspace key is getting a workout while I'm typing this morning lol :shock:)

I deal with all this by taking supplements. I take a pretty good herbal diuretic, which usually keeps the fluid retention under control. I also take Vitex, which is some kind of chinese herb (never never never take this in liquid form it is the worst tasting thing in the world!!! Go the tablets lol) and find this works pretty well. Also can't go past the evening primrose oil.

It must be frustrating with all the good work that you are doing to not see the results on the scales. I'm sure that it's just fluids... so as hard as it might be, try to not let it get to you. There will be a huge loss just around the corner :D
SarahC

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks guys I have a really great Doc who has just said exactly that...it is my body's way of dealing with the lack of period. I am not much of a tablet taker, and as such don't agree (for me) that dieuretics are the answer. I only retain the fluid when I am due for my periods, but unfortunately at the moment my body seems to gear up for one every 2 weeks, hence the frustration. I have been really careful the last 3 weeks and tried not to eat a lot of foods containing too much sodium to help it, but I know that my body will only right itself once my regular cycle kicks in...I only hope that it is soon as it is getting monotonous!!! My body keeps trying to have one (which it has been for the last 3 weeks!! all fun fun fun here!), but nothing eventuates, so I hope that it kicks in soon and that my body "gets over it" sooner rather than later!!

I am not allergic to the pill as such Kate, but when I was 13 they put me on the pill to regulate my periods and help to not have such a heavy period...it worked in reverse and I was in agony every month and had to miss a week of school each time as I was that heavy that everytime I moved I felt like I had wet myself. We then found out that as there is a history of DVT in the family I shouldn't have been given contraceptives anyway!!! so I just steer clear of any contraceptives now!

Sorry for the rant guys, you are right Kim I need to listen to my rational side and stop being such a sook!!! AARRRGGGGHHH!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:08 am

Hey Sarah I have just read your post...thanks for that!! I get headaches when I am due too as well as constipated!! (geez! :roll: ) You say you take a herbal dieuretic?? May I ask the name of please?? Thanks Sarah!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:21 am

No worries :)

The one I get is Thompson's Herbal Diuretic. I go through dramas to get hold of it as the Complete Health online store is regularly out of stock (and they don't post this on their website... you find out after you've ordered it :evil: ) and it's a pretty rare find in the health food shops. There's a few other brands though - just poke around the online store or visit a local health food store :wink:
SarahC

Postby Jisgone » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:26 am

That must be so annoying Ally!
I'm in the same boat as you on the pill thing, i have a blood disorder and a history of dvt in my family. Both my grandmas, my mum, 3 aunties and 2 cousins have had blood clots and the blood disorder is hereditary. The doc wouldnt put me on the pill cause the likelyhood of me getting a clot was too huge so instead he popped an implanon in my arm, which has only got one of the drugs (i forgot which one) but its the one that doesnt increase your chances of a blood clot. Since i got the implanon i havent had a single period or any pain so it has been a huge blessing for me! its a little rod stuck in my arm that gets changed every 3 years, and unlike the pill you can take it out and your body returns to normal immediately, people have got pregnant the day after having it removed. Its just another option, unless your scared of needles then stear clear because it involves a big one! (atleast they put you under a local first :P)
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi ally *sigh* i am furstrated for you mate, you are trying so hard. let us know if you take a herbal remedy for it.

jewles, i had the implanon in a few years ago and had it in for two years. i got a period sometimes but was always moody and put on a hell of a lot of weight. i had it removed (and my fmaily were cheering because i wasnt a biatch any longer) and the doctor said that he had removed so many due to all the problems associated with it. glad its working for you though!
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Ok I may sound dumb here but what is dvt???? The pill always made me retain fluid and put on weight but I put up with it pre children but then got my tubes tied and thought great. I lost all my weight etc but then it crept back on from poor eating habits. Anyway I then got the horrid periods with loads of pain and heavy bleeding so I am back on the pill to control that, which has worked reasonably well. I did research the pill a lot before I decided which one I was going to try as I really didn't want a weight gain as I was trying to lose weight and found it very difficult as it was. So decided on Yasmin, tho unfortunately it's not on the PBS and costs me about $56 for every 3 months. But I figure it is worth the price as I havent put on any weight. Plus I am skipping periods......which is fab cos I hate having it as it is still fairly heavy. I really do feel for you Ally. But as long as your clothes are getting looser, that is the most important thing. It's so disappointing when the scales dont move. I have that frustration pretty much every week!!! :? But my clothes are looser and one of my friends said to me the other day that it looked like I had lost a few more kilos. But technically only 1 kilo in the last 2 months. It is more important what your clothes are saying rather than the scales. That way you feel a bit better about things. Which is a very important thing. Keep your chin up, keep the exercise up and the fat count down mate!!! You are doing so fab and you should be so proud of yourself. I once was told that however long it took you to put that weight on, you should expect that much time to take it off. It took me 5 years to put this 10kgs on so I am assuming it may take me 5 years to lose it again. Remember also that losing the weight slowly is going to increase your chances of keeping it off. You are imprinting those good habits into your brain with repetativeness(buggered if I know how to spell that word!!!). You'll be fine mate. And make sure you don't drink less because of the fluid retention. You need the water!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:08 pm

deep vein thrombosis
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:13 pm

OOOOOOOO ok that what it has to do with the clots.....doh!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Fairie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:31 pm

"Hugs" Ally, no wonder we have broad shoulders, we have a lot to contend with. :wink:

I also bloat & have very heavy periods if I don't take the pill. I so want to stop as I have already been through Menopause (since I was 43) but I still have a period. :? :x I have tried not taking the pill but I bleed all the time. :(

I would give the herbal dieuretic a go and hope it helps. Can I ask a personal question Ally, how old are you, are you close to Menopause?
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby KimE » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:20 pm

Oh Ally honey, you are not a sook!

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE