It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Frustrated

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Livy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Ally,
I hate to get off topic, but sometimes self love is so relevent to how we feel about ourselves. :)
I believe that you need to recreate your belief system, and stop your negativity and concentrate on being more positive.
Loving yourself regardless of your size. The weight will come off, when you allow it to. We are all capable of self sabotage (I am the worst offender on this board! :oops: ).
I would love to talk to you further via MSN, phone or email, to talk to you about your faith in yourself.
Sometimes weightloss is not all about foods, excercise and calorie counting, it goes much deeper than that.
Kind Thoughts
Liv
Livy

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 pm

Ok where to start..

Thanks to everyone who has replied...umm let me see, thanks for your kind words Rochelle, no worries on the water thing darl, if I drink any less than 2 litres a day, my body craves water!! I don't know how people can't drink it!!!

Maria..thanks for your support, mate I really appreciate it

Kate and Kim..always ready with a kind word..thanks darls!!

Fay, I am 32 so no where near menopause unfortunately!!! LOL. We have a rather large family history of painful, heavy periods, I have dealt with them all my life and just accept it as my "lot" in life. It is only because of my regaining the 30 odd kgs that my body cracked a wobbley and they stopped, now I am going through my body getting back into a routine of a regular period and it is happening approximately every 2-3 weeks, but I don't always get them, just the signs and symptoms (esp the bloating) so it has just got me to the point of banging my head repeatedly against a wall!! LOL. Today for example I was driving home from my mums and I had a period pain so intense that I felt like I was going to throw up. It is just things like the pain, but particulary the puffing up that just annoy me!! Alas I got home went to the loo and nothing!! grrr!

Livy thanks for your lovely thoughts, but dont worry I am far from hating myself and I certainly don't have negative thoughts as such, I am just frustrated with the way my body is handling the regaining of my periods and just needed a bit of advice etc... I learnt a long time ago to accept myself the way I am and love myself. I have a hubbie who doesn't entertain negative thoughts and certainly kick my bum if I need it!! He has helped me big time as he is one of the main reasons I have such a huge self-confidence. I have never been an unhappy person and believe in being myself no matter who I am around. I have an extremely happy personality and don't let things, people or situations get me down ( the last 4 months of my life have been a huge testament to this!!!) I appreciate your concern.

Thanks again to all you lovely people who replied!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:06 am

hi ally
have your doctors done some blood tests to check your hormone levels?
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:42 am

Hi Ally, Perhaps you have the same thing I had.
I had polycystic ovaries that caused heavy menstrual bleeding, I also had low progesterone which may have caused the ovary problem in the first place.
Because it was miss diagnosed for so long, I started to faint from lack of iron from having heavy periods every 2 and sometimes 3 weeks. The pre menstural cyst bursting pain had me on all fours screaming and all the doctor did for me was give me mersyndol forte pain tablets which only lessened the sharpness of the pain.

If it is what I had for several years and it goes un treated, you could end up getting hypothyroidism (getting fat with no metabolism)
So please don't wait, repetitively go to the doctors until they get it right and help you find out what is causing your suffering and fix it properly.

Ask the doctor for a blood test to check your progesterone levels, iron levels and thyroid levels to see if they are okay.
Last edited by Dolly on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:02 am

hmmm thats what i was leaning towards. when my polcystic ovaries were confirmed, my levels of testosterone in my system were sky high.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:23 am

Thanks Dolly and Kate I will get onto the doctor!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:06 pm

My dad was threatened with medical diuretics. He started drinking dandilion root 'coffee' which worked a treat (a bit too much, he was up a few times a night to pee).

Might be worth a go.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Wow it comes in coffee??? I thought it was only tea!! Thanks Tegan will have to check that out!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:36 am

That does sound interesting. The coffee might taste better than the tea. The heat is probably affecting your fluid retention too Ally. I know I always retain more when it is hot. It was funny when we went to Exmouth in October.......I just have to add this in here cos I am wondering what the thumping noise is out on the back verandah. I have no window in my tiny pc cupboard so what is that dog up to!!!! Right back onto the subject at hand......uuummm..........o yeah I was retaining probably about 1.5kg's fluid when I came back and after about 2 days it was gone! Weird huh. Hell of a lot of time spent in the dunny peeing tho.....hahaha. So summer is extremely difficult for me to lose weight. Winter I find it much easier as I dont tend to get as hungry either. And I always know when I am carrying extra fluid cos I can't twist my engagement ring on my finger!!! Just had a twist of it and it is moving ok at the moment but it was cool the last week and is heating up again for the next few days so we'll see on Wednesday if I can move it!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks Rochelle yeah I had a sneak peak at the scales this morning and they said I was down to 153.6kg...darn it why couldn't they read that on Saturday!! So yeah I totally agree with you there!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby PearShaped » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi Ally! Hope you're feeling a bit better. I was reading your post and the first thing I thought of was salt. I am a total salt addict... I'll put salt on everything and anything and just pile it on (I'm always getting in trouble from my family for doing this). In addition to that, I live in a very tropical location and we're in what we call the "build up" season at the moment (lots of high temperatures and humidity but no rain grrrr!). So you can imagine the extent to which my bloating occurs - I puff up like a puffer fish and my skin feels really tight everywhere and it's really uncomfortable! Especially around TTOTM.

I've not had real salt (I'm on Lite Salt) for 3 weeks now and going into my 4th and my period came on the weekend. I have really noticed that I haven't been bloating nearly as much as I normally do and I think this has a lot to do with cutting out real salt and all the hidden salt you find in everyday products (msg). Incidently, everything I buy now has a "low salt/sodium" label and I double check all ingredients on the labels.

This probably won't be the answer to all your problems but it may be worth considering if you're like me and like your salt... or it may work in conjunction with something else.

Just a thought. :D Take care and hope you're feeling better soon.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.
PearShaped

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks for the advice there Pearshaped!! I will take that onboard, although I don't add salt to my food (boring I know) but I will take more care of the other seasonings and flavourings that I use!! Thanks mate!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:13 pm

I dont tend to add salt either. I use pepper for the extra taste if it is needed, like on eggs or something! And Ally, I just had a twist of my ring and it is tighter this evening......hahaha! See it was about 30 today!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:15 pm

Yeah it is very annoying when then happens Rochelle!!! My wedding ring is just about slipping off my finger except when we had those stinky hot days a week or so ago and then it was tight again!! Grrrr :x :P
[/url]
Ally

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk