It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:50 am

Free Newsletter

attitude, social support and self efficacy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

attitude, social support and self efficacy

Postby puck1987 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Hello,

My name is Puck and a have a question about weight loss. I conducted a study about weightloss. In this study I investigated the correlation between a positive attitude, social support and self-efficacy on the intention to lose weight.

I wonder what your opinion is. Do you think there is a correlation between the determinants attitude, subjective norms, self-efficacy and the intention to lose weight?

The results of my study indicate self efficacy has the highest influence on te intention to lose weight. Do you think believing in your abelity to lose weight is the most importent thing?

I would love to hear your opinion!
puck1987

Re: attitude, social support and self efficacy

Postby FHS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I definitely think it has a big effect on someones ability to lose weight.
If you don't believe and have faith in what you are doing then sub consciously you will be sabotaging yourself.

Not saying that if you just think you will lose weight that you will.
You have to be putting in the effort and have a balanced exercise and eating structure combined with the belief that you will lose weight.

Mindset i think plays a big part
I lost 25 kilos when I was 19 and have kept it off ever since.
At 22 I was diagnosed with cancer - Burkitts Leukaemia, had 8 rounds of intense chemotherapy and battled with my weight again right throughout this journey.
I am now Fitter Healthier and Stronger than I ever have been and i am now in the health and fitness profession helping others become Fitter Healthier and Stronger.
Please check out my blog
http://www.fitterhealthierstronger.com/blog
FHS

Re: attitude, social support and self efficacy

Postby Colleen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm

I think attitude plays a huge part in loosing weight. It keeps you resilient and motivated to increase or change exercise routines as needed throughout the weight loss. I visualise myself as slim and wearing the type of clothes that I intend to wear once I loose 15kgs.

I am going to buy an outfit to place on the back of my bedroom door as motivation. I believe I will be fitting into it by February 2013. That is my goal and it is achievable :)
Colleen

Return to Weight loss Talk