It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Why do you want to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why do you want to lose weight?

Postby jemimah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

There are some many health benefits with losing weight and I prefer being healthy and So that I can feel like a handsome one. The most health benefits i developed are increased my energy levels, improved my mobility, improved my blood sugar levels.

Jemimah
jemimah

Postby JJs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:33 pm

My reasons are mainly health related, I am 28 and single. I would like to have a baby one day.
I am getting my body ready for this. I have planned to have a baby on my own if I am still single in a few years. I have been told of the heath risks I will face if I am overweight and pregnant not to mention making it harder to fall pregnant.
So really its a bit of health a bit of wanting to look good.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9mUzeX/]

SW 114.9 kg 19/2/13
1st Mini Goal 110 kg
JJs

Postby Blundys_Gurl » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:42 am

I want to shed the kilos for three reasons

1. My kids – I want to be able to run around with them and fit my fat butt on the swings and slide at the park. I want to see them grow up and get married and have children of their own. I dont want them to learn my bad eating habits. They are my motivation. My seven year old daughter asked Santa if He could get me to give up smoking as she didn’t want me to die like her Grandmas mummy. That was December 2011. I made a doctor’s appointment the next day and quit with the help of champix. I haven’t had a cigarette since Christmas Eve 2011 but gained 20 odd kilos.

2. My health – I can’t even walk the one kilometre to the local deli without sweat dripping off me. I am often out of breath and am prone to getting boils (where my legs rub together)

3. FOR ME – I look in the mirror every morning and feel physically ill by what I see. My self-esteem is so low and I have no confidence. How can anyone else love me if I don’t love myself? I have never wanted to be a size 8 or 10… I just want to be able to look in the mirror and be happy. This also comes from years of been bullied and taunted by kids when I was at school but also family members.
Michelle
- - - - - - - - -
Starting Weight: 121.5kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
Start Date: Sat 9/3/13
Week 1: 16/3 - 119.4kg (loss 2.1kg)
Week 2: 23/3 -
Week 3: 30/3 -
Week 4: 06/4 -
Week 5: 13/4 -
Blundys_Gurl

Postby PeppermintTea » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 pm

For both health and aesthetics.
I want to nip this weight gain in the bud as gaining kilos is a lot easier than losing them.
I'm sure as I progress, it'll become more about aesthetics (to fit into skinny jeans and look good,etc) but for now health is a priority
PeppermintTea

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm

health is the best reason to lose weight but it's interesting how vanity takes over when you start looking real fine in clothes! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Gordz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 pm

My motorbike jacket doesn't do up anymore. That's the point where I thought I've got to get my sh1t together and start hitting the track again. My gf has lost 6kg so far this year and is another reason I feel I need to do something. In addition to those two points, man-boobs aren't cool and working at the australian tennis open concrete jungle in the height of summer is no fun. Gotta hit it hard and get it under control before I make it a whole lot harder on myself.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:06 pm

The biggest driver for me at the moment is that I still remember how I felt a couple of years ago when I was thinner and fitter. I wasn't even at my goal weight then but I had soooo much energy and felt really powerful even though I'd gotten smaller. Also running felt great and I was getting better and better at it (longer distances, shorter times). I want that feeling back really badly.

Second biggest reason is I want to look good for my partner and have more confidence...

Also I want to fit into some clothes I bought from when I was thinner and generally I would just like to be able to shop for what I like and not have to consider how well the clothing hides the fact that I'm overweight
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 pm

I want to be the person I used to be.
Through the many trials and tribulations life has thrown at me over the past 10 years, the real me somehow got lost under binge eating and laziness...... I'm ready to be me again, not only for myself by for my children as well. :)
Katers

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Kate

Great reason...but the truth of the matter is when you lose the weight you will be a BETTER PERSON than you use to be! 8)

Grab that better future!
Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm

It was only after losing a lot of weight that I realised how much all that fat was smothering my personality and restricting my natural tendency to get out and enjoy life.

The lethargy induced by being overweight and continually eating meant I was always saying "no" for activities that required exercise.

And because I was self-conscious of my appearance I tended to be shy at those social events I was unable to avoid.

I didn't realise at the time that it was my weight problem that was smothering my natural tendency to enjoy the company of others and get out and enjoy life.

I still need to lose a bit of weight so that I am in good physical condition - that way I have no excuse not to enjoy life. And when bad things happen, as the inevitable illness or injury, my weight won't be a problem.

I'm doing it for me and the people around me.
CronicBadger

Postby saffy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 am

I'm doing it for health reasons - fatty liver, insulin resistance etc were becoming issues. I have an electrical problem with my heart which was getting quite debilitating, although I partially solved this by stopping anti-allergy pills. But at one point it was thought I may have underlying heart disease. When that was ruled out, I wanted to keep my heart healthy. By then I'd already started to lose the weight with diet and light exercise but it meant i could then get into more vigorous training.

I also want to look good. Unlike some women who can carry a lot of extra weight and still look sexy and beautiful, I always look hideous with a puffy face. And my weight goes to my belly first, so I look like an old fat guy with a beer gut. More so because I have very narrow hips and solid legs. Very few clothes suit me, even at my slimmest, but when I'm fat, NOTHING looks good on me. It gets so that if I find something that looks good on me, I buy more than one.

I'm going overseas in six weeks and didn't want to look awful but that was a secondary goal because I'd already started losing the weight. It's just something to help keep me motivated.
saffy

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 pm

One of the amazing things that I found when I lost my weight was just how much my health improved. I truly didn't appreciate just how much my overweightness was affecting my health. If I knew then what I know now I certainly would have lost weight years ago!

As for looking good - good luck on that. This weekend someone said to me that since I lost weight I definitely looked older! :shock: I replied that I had lost over half of me...if you let all the air out of the balloon of cause you are left with wrinkles! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Royalte » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am

for me i am just so sick of looking in the mirror and not liking what i see...and ive been looking at it for so long that i now want to do something about it
Royalte

Postby katrina12 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm

loosing weight will probably make you look the size that you wish to be.
I lost six kilos and now I'm happy!
you shouldn't do this for boys.
if they don't like your size then they should get stuffed!
their the types that only like girls for what they look like.
there will be some guy out there for what ever size you are.
the fact is to be healthy and happy!
if you have trouble getting yourself to do it then in the night as your going to sleep, imagine your happy with a boy with that healthy body!
good luck!
katrina12

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:11 pm

You have to lose weight for you. If you lose it for someone else's approval or wish...it just won't last.

I knew someone who was married and overweight. Her husband loved her a great deal. When she lost a large amount of weight he supported her to the hilt. When she reached goal she felt like the queen bee. Unfortunately, it turned her head. For the first time in her life lots of men were noticing her and telling her how attractive she was. She began an affair at work. The marriage ended when her husband found her in their bed with this guy. She told her husband that she only married him because she thought she couldn't get anyone better.

She got caught in the beauty trap. If you think that way, old age will eventually set you straight. No amount of dieting and beautification is going stay the hand of time. The body will sag and the wrinkles will set in. Real love is about the mind and the heart - not about the face and the waist!

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk