It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Why do you want to lose weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why do you want to lose weight?

Postby admin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 am

Agree with you Katrina....healthy is the goal and it should be done for you. Once you are healthy you look good(no matter what your waistline says), you glow, you ooze confidence, you have pep in your step....don't fall into the trap of "dieting" to be thin......
A. Diets are short term, don't last
B. You should look into exercise....it is input vs output. NO point in focusing on the food side without exercising...doesn't work.
C.We all are born with different genetics, no thanks to our family so we just have to make the most of what we have....we will never be the people on TV or Mags....they were born that way and still they have to work at it. Accept who you are, monitor your food intake, reduce the crap, walk and do exercise, watch your portions, stop the excuses.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby tiggersmum » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't want to be old and overweight. I drive taxis and I see the affect that being overweight can have on the elderly. I'm already feeling it in my knees and I know it's my weight that is the cause.
tiggersmum

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 am

There are so many reasons why everybody including me want to lose wait. Here are some of my reasons and you will agree with me:
- To keep fit and healthy
- To look more gorgeous and sexy
- To be competitive in all aspects because when you are healthy you are wealthy (health is wealth)
- Avoid snoring because when I am overweight I snore..lol
- To be flexible
Sarah91

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm

All this can be achieved! :D

The interesting thing about getting to the goal is just how much better life is for you than you could ever imagined! :shock: 8)
If I had known I certainly would have applied myself to the task years and years ago!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby That Guy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Health reasons.
Having our first child in June too...I'm not the "youngest" dad, I'm 33...so, I want to be able to do the kind've active stuff my kid might want to do.
Not to mention, I'd suppose my chances at living longer are a bit greater if I do.
What else?
Bit sick of feeling a bit invalid. Being referred to as the "big guy" kind of like it's a disability or something.
That Guy

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 am

They are all great reasons.

You're not the youngest dad? I was 43 when my daughter was born. :shock: :lol: Unfortunately I stupidly waited until she was nearly ten years old before I got the bright idea that I was short changing her in the active dad department. You got the bright idea well before I did...good work! :D

Once you start losing weight, you will be surprised how much your general health will improve. Once if I ran four steps I was in real danger of passing out - now I can run for two hours...a still be up for more!

"Big guy" tag can be easily changed. People didn't beat around the bush with me...they just called me "fat" (to my face!). Nowadays if I'm called names - it is "skinny" or "slim". :shock: This can happen to you! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri May 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Well it's my turn,
I want too lose weight because I feel better about myself,
looking better is a big key too me wanting too lose weight,the
only thing I don't like about losing weight is I lose it
in my bust....

Also too be healthier and I feel it keeps
depression away..Depression and my weight go hand in hand
in saying that this time with my weight I haven't had
depression at all.

Yes I want too lose weight for myself.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 am

tinkerbella wrote:Well it's my turn,
I want too lose weight because I feel better about myself,
looking better is a big key too me wanting too lose weight,the
only thing I don't like about losing weight is I lose it
in my bust....

Better to wear a padded bra than look like you're wearing a padded seat! :oops:
But yeah, I know what you mean Tink! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby hanney882 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm

I want to lose weight because I want to be fit and healthy. I don't want to use dresses that are big and loose. Yes, I do it for myself also. I want to be beautiful for my DH. I am now 55 kg but I want to be like 47-52 kg. I exercise everyday and I can't wait to lose weight. My DH motivates me to be healthier because he is a healthy conscious and sports enthusiast.
hanney882

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 am

hanney882 - being fit and healthy is the best reason of all you can choose. Wanting to do it when you only have to lose a few kilos is smart. Easier to lose a few now than a mountain latter! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby hanney882 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 am

I want to lose weight because I want to be healthy and fit. I am 57 kg now and I want to lose 5 kg or more. I do some workouts and cycling every Saturday. I am a wife and a mom of two I want to be healthy for them.
hanney882

Postby Blitz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:43 pm

Being a mom of two...means a lot of running around - that will go a long way to keep you fit and healthy! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:19 am

I ask myself this question all the time, I love food so much so it hurts to not be able to eat like I use too.

But I lost weight because I got sick of being fat, it was a choice, enjoy my food or enjoy health and fitness.

I am single at 31 years old, I may never be with another girl as I do not want to, but it does not mean I don't enjoy the comments I have received since losing weight.

So I guess it is all about how I want to be seen to the public, it makes me proud, makes me more confident within myself to be fit and slim. I had to change my mentality, I use to be so negative, down on my self. Eeyore is the nick name I got at work.

So to not be like that, I had to have some counseling but also give me a reason to be proud, to be confident and what not.

Losing weight was it.
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 am

AndyJ wrote:I ask myself this question all the time, I love food so much so it hurts to not be able to eat like I use too.

But I lost weight because I got sick of being fat, it was a choice, enjoy my food or enjoy health and fitness.

I am single at 31 years old, I may never be with another girl as I do not want to, but it does not mean I don't enjoy the comments I have received since losing weight.

So I guess it is all about how I want to be seen to the public, it makes me proud, makes me more confident within myself to be fit and slim. I had to change my mentality, I use to be so negative, down on my self. Eeyore is the nick name I got at work.

So to not be like that, I had to have some counseling but also give me a reason to be proud, to be confident and what not.

Losing weight was it.

Andy, you've done an AMAZING job and deserve every bit of praise that comes your way!!! :wink:

As for your disinterest in being in another relationship, that too is perfectly understandable given what you've gone through. Anyone who has ever loved and lost knows the pain of having to mend a broken heart, but the great thing about the human spirit is the ability to regenerate itself and move forward.

You WILL love again, and this time, you will be loved back FULLY and your heart will be filled with so much joy you'll feel like you're going to burst!!

I wish you every happiness, and know you will love again, but for now.....keep loving yourself and be happy (you soooooooooooo deserve it) :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Andy, you may not feel that love could possibly enter you your life again...but trust me on this one - the best is yet to come. 8)

Eeyore? Hmmm...people never realise how much words can hurt. If they truly did they would be slower to speak. :cry:

There IS a better future...you just wait and see! :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk