It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Free Newsletter

10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Without Starving Read more: htt

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Without Starving Read more: htt

Postby nari1208 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Just seen this article and wanted to share it with everyone. :)

Way #1

Always Eat a Man's Breakfast
No more Lucky Charms—you want some protein and fat. Scrambled eggs and a few sausage links will keep you fuller longer than an airy doughnut will.

Way #2

Eat More!
We're talking three good snacks and three healthful meals. But what do you serve during the bowl game if you can't have chips and dip? Mixed nuts—especially almonds—will satisfy your craving for something crunchy while helping to build muscle.

Way #3

Just Say No to Starches
Foods like pasta, white bread, and potatoes make you fat. If you must have pasta, make yours whole-wheat. Same goes for bread, and swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes. Just don't eat too much!

Way #4

Lift Weights
Yes, you have to hit the gym, and no, lifting beer cans during happy hour doesn't count. The muscles you build will not only improve your performance, they'll stoke your metabolism so you burn calories long after your workout is over.

Way #5

Think Before You Eat
Don't just stuff your face with the stale cookies left over from the holidays, eat what tastes good and what's good for you. Take your time eating; you'll stay fuller longer.

Way #6

But Have Fun Once in a While—or Once a Week
Stifle those cravings for too long, and you'll be miserable and might fall off your new plan forever. Just splurge reasonably—two slices of pizza, not the whole thing.

Way #7

Go Low-Carb
It's the easiest way to drop weight fast. The cravings are hard at first, but it gets easier—especially when you see the results.

Way #8

Run Intervals
It's easier to alternate between hard and easy running instead of going for a long run—especially if you don't like running. Plus, you'll be done faster and burn more fat.

Way #9

Never, Ever Drink Sweetened Soda
But go ahead, have a glass of wine now and then. Low-carb beer is fine, too, in moderation.

Way #10

Don't Fear Fat
It makes you feel full, helps control your appetite, and your body needs it.

Source:http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/how_to_lose_weight/
nari1208

Re: 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Without Starving Read more:

Postby SydneyPT » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 pm

We meet again nari1208 :) Just want to point a few things out before people start to follow your tips..

1. Breakfast does NOT have to be the biggest meal of the day. Dinner can be. Just meet your body's requirements for the 24hr period and you will be fine. Calories don't know what time it is. Having a bigger dinner will not just turn into body fat. Your metabolism is still working away even while you sleep. If your metabolism shut down at night, you would be DEAD. I have a client who does not have breakfast and has a light lunch with a heavy dinner. He is still losing body fat and his chest measurements are increasing which indicates he is gaining muscle. The key again, meet your body's macronutrient requirements. He even has a handle of pretzels before bed because it meets his carb limit for the day.

2. Nuts are great, but just remember they are high in fats. Good fats, yes, but fats nonetheless. Roughly 100g of Almonds = almost 50g fat. And don't forget protein sources are a tradeoff between fats. So you must take it all into account. Yes, this includes avocados, olive oils etc.

3. Again, it does not matter whether you have breads, rice or pastas. Just keep it to your body's macronutrient requirements and you will be fine.

4. I completely agree a resistance program is a must. People have got it the wrong way around. Resistance training should be before cardio in importance. Why? Increase in lean muscle mass equals a faster metabolism and it allows you to eat more carbs without the fear of it turning into body fat because carbs are stored in the liver and muscles. Cardio burns calories at that time there and then and may increase metabolism temporarily after. Long-term RESISTANCE training!

7. Low carb is not the key. Low carb diets have been around for a long time and yet obesity rates are STILL on the rise. Low-carb diets are hard to maintain and almost everything you eat has carbs in them. Glucose is the main fuel source for your brain and gives you energy. It plays a vital role in the human body just like protein and fats. Find the right balance. The initial weight loss you will see from a low carb diet is just water weight. 1 gram of carbs holds onto approximately 3mls of water. Dehydration is a concern. And people don't drink enough water as it is, then complain about lacking energy and not being able to perform etc etc.

8. HIIT, is a great way to burn the maximum amount of calories in a shorter time period.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Re: 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Without Starving Read more:

Postby nari1208 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:51 am

wow. I like what you have said. :) thanks for correcting and helping me out too. I am used to those tips I have shared, so when I heard yours, everything is possible. It's in our decision, or motivation for ourselves on hwo we can do it. :)
nari1208

Return to Weight loss Talk