It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

DARN BELLY FAT!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

DARN BELLY FAT!

Postby blackbird » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 pm

It is so nice to be back after a long hiatus from this forum! I must say that I have plateaued from the last time I entered my ticker stats which was November last year til about mid May of 2012. I got motivated to get back on track with my weight loss goal and thankfully I was really able to motivate myself so much that I lost a heap of kgs and I am almost about to hit my goal of 70kgs....just 1 kg shy and I'm there. Very happy about that.

Despite the weightloss, however, I'm finding it rather challenging to lose the belly fat. Funny cos I can already wear a size Small shirt and all which is great! Looking sideways with good posture I actually look fine but upfront my lovehandles are sticking out like crazy, so I have to almost wear my jeans higher so it doesn't look ugly. My upper torso is somehow oddly shaped at the moment because a third of it going down I look alright, almost slender. My upper abdominals are also starting to take shape, but going down further, there's still that chunk of fat that I need to lose. I feel light and all which is great, but I would like to ask for your advice, expecially those who have been successful, regading losing the belly fat. I've googles for tips but I reckon it's better to ask those who have actually experienced losing belly fat than fit people or smart people who know things by theory but haven't experienced what it is like at all ae. Thanks in advance!
blackbird

Re: DARN BELLY FAT!

Postby SydneyPT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Most likely loose skin?

If you are seeing your upper abdominals then you won't have that much fat on you.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby amberawesome » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

Hey Blackbird!

Well done on your weight loss so far :)

I was in the exact same position as you just a few weeks ago. Everywhere on my body had been starting to tone, except for the giant chunk of gut fat. I couldn't understand why I could see my ribs and had a toned upper torso, yet the gut, it was still there!

So, I decided to change my already very healthy 'diet' (I hate the word diet, but that's technically what it is, right?) around and in the past few weeks I have seen some amazing changes and my gut is actually shrinking!

I just cut out small things, like have sugar in my coffee every 2nd or 3rd day and incorporating far more 'super green' veges into my day. And they're actually pretty cheap. I cut down my red meat to once a week, but I love fish and chicken anyway.

Just these tiny changes here and there, which are suited for my body and my intense exercise regime, I've seen a massive difference in just under 2 weeks.

I hope this helps, but don't lose faith, it can be done!

:D
amberawesome

Postby blackbird » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:25 pm

SydneyPT wrote:Most likely loose skin?

If you are seeing your upper abdominals then you won't have that much fat on you.

I'dve thought so too ae, except that I still have that fat particularly in the gut area, and I'm pretty sure it's not loose skin. My weight loss hasn't been dramatic and so far my skin's adjusting well with my weight loss. But perhaps I'll see in a couple more weeks. Thanks tho :)
blackbird

Postby blackbird » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

amberawesome wrote:Hey Blackbird!

Well done on your weight loss so far :)

I was in the exact same position as you just a few weeks ago. Everywhere on my body had been starting to tone, except for the giant chunk of gut fat. I couldn't understand why I could see my ribs and had a toned upper torso, yet the gut, it was still there!

So, I decided to change my already very healthy 'diet' (I hate the word diet, but that's technically what it is, right?) around and in the past few weeks I have seen some amazing changes and my gut is actually shrinking!

I just cut out small things, like have sugar in my coffee every 2nd or 3rd day and incorporating far more 'super green' veges into my day. And they're actually pretty cheap. I cut down my red meat to once a week, but I love fish and chicken anyway.

Just these tiny changes here and there, which are suited for my body and my intense exercise regime, I've seen a massive difference in just under 2 weeks.

I hope this helps, but don't lose faith, it can be done!

:D

Hey amber

Thanks. Pretty stoked about the weight loss tbh. I actually just started changing my exercise and food intake regimen like you suggested, as soon as I began this thread. Added a couple of new workouts in my routine and I've changed my diet plan as well. I definitely am feeling the changes (for starters my body is kinda sore because of all the new resistance training I've added on my routine) and I've actually lost a few grams since the last time I weighed myself, although I don't have my final weigh in til this Staurday. So we will see how that will go. But yeah I agree....it's usually those small changes that make the significant difference in the end. Thanks!
blackbird

Postby Colleen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm also making small changes in my exercise routine. Am adding some stomach and thigh exercises this week to my walking routine. I hope it makes a difference. Everything I've read on this forum suggests it will.

My weigh in is Thursday so I'll post my weight loss then.
Hopefully it will change.
Colleen

Return to Weight loss Talk