It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

A PROVEN GUIDE TO RAPID FAT LOSS - part 1 / 7

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

A PROVEN GUIDE TO RAPID FAT LOSS - part 1 / 7

Postby ryanphillips » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey!

Over the past few months I've gained a TON valuable stuff from the Weightloss.com.au forum.. So I thought I'd just share with you guys one of my biggest secrets ever which happens to be one of the most frequently asked questions in the diet world..

How can I lose fat in the fastest and easiest way possible?

This is a step-by-step blueprint I used to drop 17lb, 3.6% body fat and 9 inches in 25 days, whilst eating juicy burgers, ice cream and food most other dieters only DREAM about. (and this is WITHOUT any bogus fad diets that don't work long term) this is based on solid, scientific knowledge.

The cool thing is, ANYBODY can do this, but I definitely recommend sticking to the script closely.

I'm going to answer this question in 7 daily posts. Since the information is going to be so detailed I can't offer it all in one day so I'm going to spread it out over 7.

Let's begin.

Oh, and by the way.. if anyone on here wants to see proof either of me or any of my clients you just need to ask and I will post up pics so you can see.

Now.. First things First.

#1 You Have To Set Yourself Up For Success

The only way to set you up for success is through tracking and I have to stress this stage is so important!

Its great to look back on how far you have come and see your results, and with the blueprint I am mapping out in these posts you will see small successes daily and big successes weekly. Even after 5 days you will look back and think WOW. This I can guarantee!

Seeing the small successes every day is also very good to keep you motivated, I know it helped me a lot. My personal goal was as long as I wasn't gaining something each day (weight or body fat %) I was on the road to success and the body I wanted. It turned out before the first 30 days I lost 17Lb, 3.6% body fat and a total of 9 inches.

I read somewhere that consistent tracking even if you have no knowledge of fat loss or exercise will often beat advice from world class trainers. Now I'm not sure if that is true, but one thing I do know is that its a MASSIVE help!

Today I will show you the first step to lose 20lb in 30 days, which I have to say is surprisingly easy.

And make sure you take action as you read through these posts or you'll find yourself a few weeks down the road and you still would have taken no action. If you have any troubles reply on this thread and Ill be happy to respond :)

20lb Goal

I suggest everyone should start with a 20lb goal. 20Lb will make you look, and feel like a new person. Remember the goal is a 20lb change in appearance. It could be losing 20Lb of fat or a mix e.g. losing 15Lb of fat and gaining 5Lb of muscle.

I know 20Lb sounds like a lot to lose but don’t worry; this goal is very, very achievable within 30 days and it doesn't involve eating one cracker a day, you will be able to eat as much as you want.

Tools

Most people use one tool when trying to lose weight.. scales.

Scales are ok, I use them and I recommend you use them too, but tracking weight isn't the only thing we should focus on, some weeks you wont lose as much weight but you will be losing fat (which is the important thing).

Because our goal is a better ratio of body composition, we will also be using circumference measurements and body fat percentage measurements. In total we want to keep track of 3 things:

Weight

circumference measurements

body fat %

Personally I recommend keeping track of weight and body fat % every day, and circumference measurements every week. That’s how I keep track of my progress.

Actions

Measure your circumference measurements with a tape measure

Thighs (mid thigh)

Waist (across bellybutton)

Hips (widest point below waist)

Chest (if you want to lose fat there)

Add these numbers to get your total inches. The total inches are what we will track each week.

Find Out Your Body Fat Percentage

There are many ways to measure body fat, I’m going to recommend two, these two are the cheapest and most convenient. Remember you don’t have to get it perfect, just get started. I recommend Bio-impedance scales (which I use) or Calipers.

Bio-Impedance Scales - Measures weight and body fat %

Slim Guide Skinfold Calipers - The most widely used calipers in the world. Low cost and accurate enough for professional use.

Take Digital Photos Of Yourself

Take digital photos of yourself from the front and the side, wear underwear or a bathing suit. This will be used as leverage to help you take action and so you can look back on it and see the progress your making.

**DON'T miss this step.. if you do you'll regret it**

Invite Someone Along For The Ride

One of the things that helped me was one of my friends was doing the diet with me. We helped each other with different recipes, compared what we lost each day and what inches we lost each week. We even compared how much we put on on our cheat day.

Get at least one of your friends / family members to do this with you or a fellow member of this forum and it helps a lot; you can even engage in a friendly competition using total inches lost per week or body fat percentage.

All of the above tasks take about 5 minutes! If you don’t have the scales or the tape measure, order them. Just remember to take action, it doesn't take long.

Finally were going to change our shopping list.

The shopping list provided below is to get you started losing body fat from tomorrow! It is very brief, remember we want to take small action, the full list of food we're going to eat will be in day #2 tomorrow, (the quick explanation is your brain releases either a fat burning hormone or a fat storage hormone triggered by what food you eat, I will explain this in DETAIL tomorrow) for now get the following things..

Shopping List

Just pick 1 or 2 out of the following 3 categories:

Protein - Eggs, fish, meat (chicken, turkey, lamb, beef etc.)

Legumes - Lentils, beans (black beans, red beans, soy beans, borlotti beans)

Vegetables - Any vegetables (mixed veg, spinach, broccoli etc)

For example a typical day I will eat

Breakfast: Scrambled egg (2 eggs)

Lunch: 2 chicken breast, mixed vegetables and black beans

2nd lunch: 2 haddock fillets, mixed vegetables and black beans

Dinner: Home made Chilli Con Carny

Tomorrow I will tell you the 5 rules you have to follow to lose fat, exactly what I ate to lose over a stone in 25 days (whilst eating like a pig one day a week) and the little known tips I use that literally make the difference between failing and success with any diet.

PS A small change that makes a MASSIVE difference is eating breakfast within 30 minutes of waking and eating at least 30g of protein.

If the only thing you change in your diet is this you will notice a difference. I recommend 2 eggs for breakfast or if I have work / training in the morning and I don't have time to cook eggs I have a 30g Protein Shake. Its tastes nice and is quick and convenient. This increases your resting metabolism (how well you burn fat) by 20%!
ryanphillips

Re: A PROVEN GUIDE TO RAPID FAT LOSS

Postby ryanphillips » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey guys

So following on from my last post on this forum Part 1 - Setting Yourself Up For Success

Hopefully you have taken your before pictures, got you total inches and have the food we talked about on part 1 in your fridge! Today I will share with you the exact formula I used to lose a 17lb in 25 days. (Whilst putting on 4lb every week eating junk!)

5 Rules

Following these 5 rules will allow you to lose 20Lb of body fat in 30 days. 20Lb for most people means dropping about 2 clothing sizes either a XXL – L or size 16 – 12. Keeping in mind the waist and hips show even more dramatic reduction.

Rule # 1 No Carbs

No bread, cereal, pasta, rice, crisps, chips, potatoes or breaded foods. If you avoid these you will lose fat. Don't eat white carbs unless you want to get fatter.

Rule # 2 Eat out of 3 Food Groups

Eat as much as you like out of the following food groups but eat all 3 with every meal. (breakfast can be an exception) Mix and match out of:

Protein: Eggs, Chicken (breast or thigh) Beef, Fish, Pork, Lamb

Legumes: Black Beans, Lentils, Red Beans, Soya Beans, Borlotti Beans

Vegetables: Mixed Vegetables, Peas, Brocolli, Green Beans etc. Any vegetables are allowed

If eating out most restaurants will replace the token carb in a meal (chips, potatoes, rice) with a salad or vegetables.

It is important to eat legumes with every meal to give you the calories you will be losing from carbs. Eating legumes with meals = not feeling tired / no dip in energy.

Meals should be about 4 hours apart. My general meal schedule is

8.00am – Breakfast

12.00pm – Lunch

4.00pm – 2nd Lunch

8.00pm – Dinner

If your schedule dictates that you will be out of the house or at work when its meal time (like me) I suggest chicken breast with salad taken in a plastic container or my personal favorite Chilli Con Carny cooked at home and taken to work in a container. It contains all 3 food groups and tastes delicious hot or cold.

Rule # 3 Don't Eat Fruit

Don't eat Fruit, Unless on cheat day of course. Tomatoes are fine though. Fruit = sugar and fructose = fat storage. No fruit on diet days.

Rule # 4 Don't Drink Calories

You are allowed as much water, unsweetened tea and coffee as you like. In fact drinking approx 3 liters of water per day has a big impact on the amount of fat you will lose, I drink 3 liters of water everyday. You are also allowed diet soft drinks e.g. Diet Coke but don't exceed 450ml per day as the aspartame will stimulate weight gain. No milk, fruit juice or normal fizzy drinks.

Rule # 5 Have A Cheat Day Once Per Week

Stuffing your face like a pig once per week actually helps fat loss! If you spike your caloric intake once per week (stuff your face) it will stop your metabolic rate downshifting from caloric restriction in the week. Make sure you have been doing the diet at least 5 days before your first cheat day.

Tips And Tricks

Here are a list of essential tips that can literally make the difference between losing fat and gaining weight. Remember this list..

Eat at least 30g of protein at breakfast. I have a 30g Low calorie protein shake every morning and I also have eggs, organic sausages and turkey bacon when I don’t have training or work in the morning.

Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking. If you don’t do this you will fail.

Drink 3 liters of water per day.

Eat every 4 hours.

What I Ate

Here is a list of all the things I ate in the first couple of weeks, later I spiced it up a bit but you will learn all of that in part 4. I still mainly stick to the meals listed:

Home Made Chilli Con Carny

2 Chicken Breast Fillets, Mixed Vegetables, Black Beans

2 Salmon, Mixed Vegetables, Black Beans

Tuna Omelette, Spinach, Black Beans

2 Cod Fillets, Mixed Vegetables, Black Beans

2 haddock fillets, Mixed Vegetables, Black Beans

2 mackerel, Mixed Vegetables, Black Beans

2 Poached Eggs, Organic Sausages, Turkey Bacon (breakfast)

If it sounds too much just think of it as a one week test; after 5 days you can eat whatever you want for 24hours and from the results you will see by tracking your progress you will want to carry on.
ryanphillips

Re: A PROVEN GUIDE TO RAPID FAT LOSS - part 1 / 7

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:24 am

I broke every one of your five rules and yet managed to lose over 20lb in 30 days.

Indeed the first 30 days I lost 20.68lb, my second 30 days I lost 21.34lb and my third 30 days I lost 22.44lb. After that I slowed down; my fourth 30 days I only managed 18.92lb loss.

The main problem I have with your method is it's one size fits all approach. Rapid loss on the scale you are suggesting is an easier ask for men than for women. The experts recommend one kilo loss per week to be the best weight to lose (that's 2.2lb).

Your special diet that you have worked out with it's exclusions, rules and exemptions may work for you but doesn't seem real world enough for me. A far simpler way would be to exercise portion control and make a few healthy choices.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 am

Agree kim
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

I have two problems :D

one .. don't eat fruit.
I say go for it but as with anything IN MODERATION. Yes, they have sugar in them but it's a far cry from the sugar in, say, a lamington or a Mars Bar (mmmm mars Bar)

and my second problem is cheat days. people take them as a permission slip to go silly for a whole day.
I dunno .. you give up smoking and you don't get cheat days .. let yourself have a LITTLE bit of whatever you need to get through it. If you feel like you're going to go nuts because you haven't had chocolate forEVER then have some .. a little bit. Of course if you can't be trusted .. like me .. just don't ever have any lol.

but you now what .. whatever works!
If you eat super clean for 6 days a week and you have a packet of chips on Sunday then enjoy it. :D
just don't go overboard and ruin some good progress!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Those two rules don't light my fire either.

The healthly benefits of fruit far out weigh the sugar content (which is natural and not refined). This way of thinking will lead you to reduce all food with any sugar content.

Also don't like the carbs and milk denials either. Everything has it's place and use, even carbs. Milk is essential, specially to us who have put our bones through so much by holding up weights above and beyond the call of duty. To get a balanced diet under this plan you'll end up taking vitamin supplements. The amount of beans he's consuming on this plan is big (trying to replace the carbs). The addition to the greenhouse gasses of the world could be alarming! :shock: :lol:

Really don't like the "cheat days". Even calling them cheat days sends the wrong message. People should be encouraged to get off the bust/boom cycles of binge eating yet this plan enshrines it. It's about having a controlled healthy lifestyle. Treats should be strategised into healthy living real life day to day situations. Just like the "normal" people of the world do.

In the end it's about lifestyle not special diets.
Kim
Blitz

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Kim
Blitz wrote:I broke every one of your five rules and yet managed to lose over 20lb in 30 days.

You can lose over 20lb in 30 days by LOADS of different methods. There are 3 areas you can implement, diet, drugs and exercise. You can reach you fat loss goals with any of the 3 on there own or in combination but I have found the best combination to be 70% Diet and 30% exercise. Of course I you are obese and can’t exercise as much then more attention will be focused on diet and drugs. For example 75% Diet, 10% exercise and 15% drugs.

When I lost 20lb in 30 days I wasn't massively big, the bigger you are the faster it comes off and in bigger quantities.. this was me

Blitz wrote:The main problem I have with your method is it's one size fits all approach. Rapid loss on the scale you are suggesting is an easier ask for men than for women. The experts recommend one kilo loss per week to be the best weight to lose (that's 2.2lb).

What experts say 2.2lb is the best weight to lose? I don't agree.

Blitz wrote:Your special diet that you have worked out with it's exclusions, rules and exemptions may work for you but doesn't seem real world enough for me. A far simpler way would be to exercise portion control and make a few healthy choices.

My method has literally helped hundreds of people drop fat fast.. Its not one size fits all. I agree portion control and healthy choices are very important
ryanphillips

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Metalcharm wrote:I have two problems :D one .. don't eat fruit. I say go for it but as with anything IN MODERATION. Yes, they have sugar in them but it's a far cry from the sugar in, say, a lamington or a Mars Bar (mmmm mars Bar)

I agree anything in moderation is OK. Maybe not crack cocaine but I see what your saying. I'm giving you a guide for RAPID fat loss.. you can have fruit, thats cool but you will lose fat FASTER if you only have it once per week.

Metalcharm wrote:my second problem is cheat days. people take them as a permission slip to go silly for a whole day.

Basically it takes your body about 1 week to enter “starvation” mode due to caloric restriction (dieting), and by this time all the negative effects start to happen like slow/stalled fat loss and decreased metabolism. The good news is it only takes 1 day to reverse via strategic “cheating”. And on this day you can eat as much junk as you like.

The technical explanation is by spiking your caloric intake once per week (stuffing your face) it will stop your metabolic rate downshifting from caloric restriction during the week. It also SUPER BOOSTS fat reduction from increasing cAMP and GMP to improving the conversion of the T4 thyroid hormone to the more active T3.

This means:

NO MORE CRAVINGS - You will have a MASSIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL BENEFIT knowing you’ll be able to enjoy all your favorite foods in a couple of days time when cheat day rolls around.

NO MORE DECREASED MOTIVATION – You will actually be excited about stepping on the scales day after day to see the massive amounts of weight your dropping with this “cheat”.

The basic formula is

You eat fat burning foods to burn calories
You start losing fat
You keep eating foods that release specific fat burning hormones
Your body starts to get used to the foods you eat and fat loss will begin to slow
You CHEAT on your diet for ONE day
Fat loss restarts at a phenomenal pace
You go back to eating fat loss foods
You continue using fat
Your metabolism stay super high
You repeat as needed.
ryanphillips

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Blitz wrote:The healthly benefits of fruit far out weigh the sugar content (which is natural and not refined). This way of thinking will lead you to reduce all food with any sugar content.

Humans don't need fruit 6 days a week and certainly all year round. If your ancestors were from Europe for example.. how much fruit did they eat in the winter 500 years ago? Think they had Florida oranges in December? Not a chance, and your still here so somehow we survived.

For RAPID fat loss you can so no to fruit and its principle sugar, fructose, which is converted into glycerol phosphate more efficiently than almost all other carbohydrates.

Glycerol phosphate = triglycerides (via the liver) = fat storage. There are a few biochemical exceptions to this but avoiding fruit 6 days a week (except cheat day) is the most reliable policy.

Blitz wrote:The amount of beans he's consuming on this plan is big (trying to replace the carbs). The addition to the greenhouse gasses of the world could be alarming! :shock: :lol:

Haha, that made me laugh :) but I just have a table spoon of beans with each meal. That's all I need.

Blitz wrote:People should be encouraged to get off the bust/boom cycles of binge eating yet this plan enshrines it.

Binge eating is NOT good.. This plan does NOT encourage it, the cheat day is a scientific, strategic part of the plan. (see my explanation in the other post and you will see why)

Blitz wrote:It's about having a controlled healthy lifestyle. Treats should be strategised into healthy living real life day to day situations.

If you want to lose weight fast then "treats" day to day is not going to help you. Your treat is the body you get to enjoy and the extra vitality and energy through being more HEALTHY. Not a "treat" at the end of the day.
ryanphillips

Postby ryanphillips » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

A PROVEN GUIDE TO RAPID FAT LOSS - part 3 / 7

Today I'm going to share with you the most frequently asked questions about the diet, they consist of questions I had when I started and also questions that people have asked me when looking for guidance. If you have a question that isn't on here feel free to reply and I will answer them.

Is There A Best Time To Weigh Yourself?

Weigh yourself in the morning when you get up before breakfast, and take your weekly measurements on the morning of cheat day before your first meal (breakfast) Remember the measurements are very important, Stones and Lbs can lie but measurements don’t.

Can I Use Anything To Spice Up My Food?

Spices and herbs are fantastic. I personally use Schwartz Herbs and Spices Seasoning, my favourite is Peri Peri. There are a number of things you can add to spice up the food: Salsa without sugar added, Montreal steak rub, chilli paste, as long as there's no sugar you will be OK. Experiment and see how it affects you when you weigh yourself in the morning.

Can I Have Alcoholic Drinks?

On cheat day you can drink as much alcohol as you want but any other time stick to water or red wine (no more than 2 glasses per night)

Is There Anything You Recommend For Snacks?

You wont feel the need for snacks on this diet. Hence eating every 3.5 – 5 hours and eating as much as you want out of the 3 food groups. If you cant control yourself and you have to snack try a bag of carrots or just have another meal eating out of the 3 food groups. I normally have a tablespoon of peanut butter (with no additives and no sugar) late in the evening if I'm peckish.

Do I Have To Have A Cheat Day Once Per Week?

It is important to have a cheat day once per week as calorie increase helps fat loss in a number of ways. From Converting the T4 hormone to T3 and increasing cAMP to GMT. Just remember that everyone cheats on a diet eventually; with no exceptions. It is much better to plan in your cheats so the diet will be more sustainable. If you are on a weight loss mission you can have one cheat meal a week, but I recommend using the full day, more so for the psychological benefits.

I'm Not Losing As Much Weight As When I Started

The four most common causes for plateauing are:

Not eating within 30mins of waking
Not eating enough protein – remember 30g at breakfast and at least 20g per meal
Not drinking enough water – drink 3 litres per day

Tomorrow I'm going to explain the little known tips you can use to prevent fat gain when on your cheat day :)
ryanphillips

Postby Blitz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:19 pm

The Australian government think that eating fruit daily is a good idea. That's why it funds it's "two fruits and five vegetables a day" campaign. Our ancestors back then when they saw an apple tree in season grabbed all the apples and ate them until they were coming out of their ears. Our Australian aborigines had several more seasons than four because they reckoned seasons in terms of what foods became abundant. I don't eat grapes all year round but when they come into season and the prices drop I'm onto them big time. Our lives are different than our ancestors.They didn't have our problems and we don't have theirs. That is why we have to work at creating a health lifestyle which consists of exercise and healthy eating. By the way, when I wrote of incorporating treats in real life day to day situations I certainly wasn't suggesting a treat at the end of the day. I mean eating food as a normal weighted person does, in a controlled responsible informed manner.

Alan Bourushek's Diet Manual has a 8 point test for a fad diet. Congratulations you passed the test! Seeing your photos I believe that most of your own success comes not from the diet plan that you push but rather from all that weight lifting you did to get those abs. Working like a gym squirrel certainly would raise your metabolism to the required levels.

You write that there are three areas you can implement for weight loss. I suggest only two of them are HEALTHY WAYS to lose weight. I'm not sure what you include as drugs, but any form is not healthy. If you mean diet pills then you are way of base. Short term solution with long term problems (up to and including death). Other drug types like herbal teas, protein shakes, vitamin supplements all have problems. Some of these are no better than quackery, others have no clinical proven benefit and most are just product designed to part the average punter from his money.

It's the word RAPID that I object to the most in your approach. Slow and steady is the best way to go. What experts say a kilo a week is a healthy rate? The answer is most of the reputable ones (and organisations like Weight Watchers concur), the ones that don't have a something to flog to the public. It's an easy sell, to push RAPID LOSS to the public rather than HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. Our society revels in the quick fix and instant gratification. It isn't sexy to suggest that to do it right may actually take time. So we cut corners, we cheat and settle for second best.

With society getting increasing more overweight, the mindset has turned to easy and simplistic solutions that don't work long term. We watch the Biggest Loser and other "reality" shows without fully realising that life isn't a package half hour program. We watch a contestant sweat for 5 minutes on an exercise bike without it dawning on us that he/she is actually in that gym for hours. Other shows show a huge person who at the end of an hour is transformed into a hot babe or a hunk. The year that it really took is meaningless. I myself have done it. My 60 week weight loss journey was condensed into a 4 minute segment on "Today Tonight". The sound bites of that show could never communicate what really is need for successful weight loss.

No wonder the weight loss industry is awash with people with the quick fix. People making a quick dollar out of people's misery. I have done RAPID...out of ignorance. I succeeded only because I took a year before I started to get my head into the right place. If I hadn't done that I would not have lost the weight. Sure, I would have lost 20lbs or so...but I would have stopped, failed and not reached the goal. My lifestyle would not have changed. I would have just done a program - someone else's program. Failed, only to pick up the pieces and try someone else's program. Spending, spending, spending...keeping the weight loss industry in the luxury that it is accustomed to. They don't really want you to lose that weight forever...just a bit...so that you keep coming back.

Learn a healthy lifestyle that works in your life. Save your money and build something that will last. Build a better future.
Kim
ps I don't get paid for my advice about about weight loss. I have no invested interest except that as a former fat person I know what it was like being fat. My help is from the heart.
Blitz

Postby ryanphillips » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 am

Cool Kim. I have never lifted weights in my life or been to the gym. I dance and thats it. And I don't know how you can call eating protein and veg a fad diet. It's just a healthier way of eating. Cutting out chips and processed carbs is a GOOD thing!
ryanphillips

Postby Blitz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 am

Yours is a fad diet because not what it allows you to eat but rather because what it prohibits. Your rule number one says "NO CARBS" and number three "DON"T EAT FRUIT". Both are essential for a balanced diet and healthy well being.

It's not just a case of "cutting out chips" as you write, you also cut out potatoes. There is a world of difference between the two. One is nutrient dense and the other energy dense. Potatoes 70 calories (low fat/high fibre) as opposed to Chips 225 calories (high fat/low fibre). Your blanket fad approach throws the good out with the bad. With it's restrictions on fruit, carbs and essentials like milk this diet plan is harzardous to your healthy long term.

Yours is a fad diet because it can't safely form the basis of a normal eating plan once you have lost the weight. Because long term this diet is unhealthy you won't be able to maintain it and so you will end up regaining what you have lost or continue a lifetime cycle of boom and bust.

Yours is a fad diet because you claim that you have to eat within 30 minutes of waking. This is not conventional expert wisdom. What is the scientific bases for this? This rule is so rigid for you that you protein shakes on busy days to get out of the door on time rather than prepare a healthy breakfast.

Yours is a fad diet because your rule two says to "EAT OUT OF 3 FOOD GROUPS". For a balanced healthy diet you need to eat out of all five food groups not just three.

Yours is a fad diet because it doesn't follow accepted guidelines nor does it follow accepted safe dietary practice. Expert opinion recommend only one glass of red wine, you recommend two. They recommend a glass of milk, you mandate none at all. The experts recommend slow safe weight loss, you urge for rapid weight loss.

Some of the known harzards of fad diets are: fatigue/weakness, irritability/depression, nausea, headache, dizziness, osteoporosis, dry skin, hair loss, constipation, intestial ailments, elevated blood fats and heart problems. I would also add that two of the pitfalls of rapid loss diets are very lose skin and the lack of a plan for a sustainable livable diet to maintain weight loss.

If you got those abs only by dancing (which I find very hard to believe), all I can say is that you must be dancing all day long and that the dance moves must include an awful amount of sit ups!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 am

Wow Kim. I have so much respect for you. These are all things I was thinking about when reading this guys thread. You just put it and such a calm and concise way.
RESPECT!
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Healthy discourse can be an illuminating exercise, however:

"Rapid Weight Loss" and "Normal Weight Loss" are two different things, apples and oranges. One has a short-term goal, the other a long-term goal. Each uses a different approach and a different philosophy, and each technique requires a different mindset of its users.

To me it seems pointless to compare two techniques, that have different goals, on things such as their long-term effectiveness, safety and nutritional value.
CronicBadger

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk