It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Iced tea ??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Iced tea ??

Postby Tea85 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm

My friend and I were talking and I told her I was sick off water water water and she suggested iced tea once a day maybe as my lunch time drink. However I'm not sure how good it is actually is for even tho she swears it "healthy" so advice please should I steer clear or is it ok as a treat?

Re: Iced tea ??

Postby Sydneygirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey Tegan,

I would say it would depend heavily on the type of iced tea. For example the pre packaged ones such as Lipton iced teas which are flavoured are very high in sugar. Have a look at the nutrition panel. They have just as much sugar as a bottle of coke.

You could try making your own with infusion teabags. There is loads available even at the supermarket. Just make sure it's an infusion, not flavoured. There are fruit and flower based ones. Make up bottles of it in the evening and keep in the fridge. Then you have a cold (almost zero cal) drink.

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs

Postby Stay-Fit-4-Life » Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Don't stop drinking water!! but green tea helps weight lose It really Is and it is better than any other hot drink! i drink it a lot!!
Last edited by Blitz on Tue May 28, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *Signature removed as it doesn't comply with Forum policy*

Postby hanney882 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:24 pm

If you are sick of drinking water alone you can make some lemonade it is healthy and can help you to lose weight. Some iced tea in the supermarkets are not healthy it has lots of sugar. It is better to make some iced tea at home by using loose tea leaf and some lemon or honey. You can make infused water also by putting a slice of lemon, lime and orange to your water.

Return to Weight loss Talk