It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercising in the heat

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercising in the heat

Postby Ava » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi all

I am in need of some tips or advice.

I recently moved and have been walking around my suburb for exercise until I find work and can join a gym. Lately however it has been so hot I lose all motivation to go for a walk. When I do find the motivation to go for a walk, I avoid the really hot times of the day as I am fair skinned and burn easily...but more and more lately staying inside in the air con is more appealing.

Does any one have any helpful tips or alternative to walking during the summer months?
Ava

Re: Exercising in the heat

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:43 am

The cool of the evening. Many people take a walk after dinner as the sun is going down.

I myself love walking/jogging late at night but I'm a guy so the dangers for me are less (even so I do take care...carry no money, have a phone and stay on main well lit roads).

This morning I had an 80 minute jog at 5:30am before the bite of the sun and the flys set in. It was very pleasant.

You may wish to get some lycra style gear to wear. It is light and thin so sweat evaporates quickly and keeps you cooler.

I'm no fan of jogging or walking in the heat but sometimes I do it just because it is hard. :shock: That means setting your mind to the task and toughen it out. I keep in my head that this session will do me the power of good. Motivate from within...what doesn't destroy me makes me stronger (and thinner).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 am

I live in teh Outback and so for the summer months I have this problem.

If you still want to do your walks then you have to get up really early and get them in - before the sun gets any bite to it.

Otherwise I have a few dvds that I do exercise to under the air conditioner. There's the Michelle Bridges one that will make you sweat more than any walk could!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Ava » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks Blitz and Metalcharm :)

I really just have to get myself into gear and just do it. I brought the 30 day shred DVD....hello muscles! :shock:
Ava

Postby Blitz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Don't worry by the end of this weight loss thingy you'll have more than an enough muscle to go around! :lol: :)

Best wishes on your journey
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 am

Hi Ava,
I am in the Northern Territory and find walking in the mornings is best. Yes, it is hot. Yes, I sweat a lot. But for me I find the more I sweat the better I feel for getting out there and working out!
SW: 101.3kgs
CW: 92.8kgs
GW: 60kgs
finallydoingitforme

Postby ~Tasha~ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:14 pm

the other day i went for a walk in 41 degree heat its hard but i just did it!

same as last night I jumped on my treadmill it was 41 yesterday < needed a fan on though :)

once you join a gym you should be ok though?
~Tasha~

Return to Weight loss Talk