It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:00 am

Free Newsletter

rapid loss diet

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

rapid loss diet

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi there

I have decided to try the rapid loss shakes. I am a bit skeptical but willing to try it. I have done the tony ferguson shakes before which did help but Has anyone else tried this? What did you think of your results?
Michelle-leeC1989

Re: rapid loss diet

Postby Sydneygirl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Yes I did them for a long while. I was having it for breakfast only, and was using water instead of milk. Eating light lunch and dinner, but not really exercising.
I gained weight on them.
Each shake contains more calories than I would consume in a normal breakfast so I didn't see the point.
And I definitely wouldn't recommend using them for snack replacements. Fresh fruit or veges are much better.
Maybe would work well if you replace dinner with a shake...
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Hmmm now this is a common result I have been reading. I don't see how the product can shrink your stomach either.
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby Sydneygirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah I've tried lots of those products rapid loss, celebrity slimm, tony ferguson, light and easy just to name a few..., and some of them I lost weight at the beginning but nothing ongoing. The way I see it is that even if they work, you have to keep using them for the rest of your life to maintain.

I would rather learn about healthy and balanced eating, and make exercise a habit, because that is actually sustainable.
Now I just am more careful what I eat (I don't go without anything). I even eat hot chips or chocolate, i drink alcohol and go to dinner at resteraunts, on occasion, but I make sure that if I have something that is a treat that it's not every day and I have small low calorie meals to balance it for the rest of that day.

A the end of the day different things work for different people. It's worth a try, but nothing beats good old thoughtful eating and exercise.
People are willing to try all these products that usually don't work, and yet there is a proven way that WILL work. If you eat well and do exercise, you will lose weight. It seems pretty simple to me.

I've now lost 11kgs and counting. And it feels easy. It's just a new lifestyle, and its a lifestyle I love.
Plus not only does exercise burn calories, but you also get endorphins which make you feel great!
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Yer I guess it's just a kick starter for me. I know what your are saying is correct about eating right. And when it comes to exercise I just need to find a group or something. I mean I run and all that now but motivation can only last so long by myself lol
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm

The debates about commercial weight-loss shakes have raged back and forth across this forum for years. Generally, they seem to suit some people who need the daily regimen and short "quick fix". But for others their weight-loss falters or even reverses once they have completed the course and gone back to eating real food. For either a quick kickstart, or rapid, controlled weight-loss for the short term, they seem fine (if rather expensive).

As soon as the artificial constraints of a regime of diet shakes are removed then I suspect some people simply have not developed any skills to make portion control choices about real food and will be doomed to repeat the shake-cycle once their weight rises again to an unacceptable level. To summarise: shakes may not give a person the opportunity to practice good eating habits that last for the rest of their lives.

Personally, I think a person's chance of long-term weight-loss is greater if they learn to take control of their food intake themselves through formation of good eating habits, via discipline and education.
CronicBadger

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 pm

You have a very very good point there
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

CronicBadger wrote:The debates about commercial weight-loss shakes have raged back and forth across this forum for years. Generally, they seem to suit some people who need the daily regimen and short "quick fix". But for others their weight-loss falters or even reverses once they have completed the course and gone back to eating real food. For either a quick kickstart, or rapid, controlled weight-loss for the short term, they seem fine (if rather expensive).

As soon as the artificial constraints of a regime of diet shakes are removed then I suspect some people simply have not developed any skills to make portion control choices about real food and will be doomed to repeat the shake-cycle once their weight rises again to an unacceptable level. To summarise: shakes may not give a person the opportunity to practice good eating habits that last for the rest of their lives.

Personally, I think a person's chance of long-term weight-loss is greater if they learn to take control of their food intake themselves through formation of good eating habits, via discipline and education.

Ok now taking all of this into consideration. And now this may seem really silly or stupid. But when I do eat something I feel like I have cheated myself . I don't eat junk when I do so I'm never cheating myself. But I feel actually bad or disappointed when I do have that meal. Then I feel so guilty I go for a run or some sort of exercise.
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am

It could just be initial over-enthusiasm. However, IMO if you are choosing to eat sensible amounts of good quality food then you should be congratulating yourself.

Feeling bad about eating sensibly may lead to future eating disorders.

For women losing weight, it's generally recommended that no less than 5200 Kj of food be consumed per day.

Be honest with yourself and only feel like you've cheated yourself if you actually have done so - by eating crap, or pigging out. And do it just for a second or two, then get over it - what's done is done. And even so, the occasional poor choice or even major binge is not going to do any damage in the long run.

Weight-loss requires a person to make *mostly* sensible food (and exercise) choices over a long period of time. A few stuff-ups along the way don't have much impact on the end result. Think of it like a train trip (NSW trains here, BTW). There's a timetable, with some slack built into it. The train may get delayed for a few extra minutes at one station due to an unexpected number of passengers getting on or off. The driver will speed up a bit on one or more of the longer stretches between stations. The train will arrive at its final destination pretty much on time.
CronicBadger

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am

5200 calories sounds a lot. From what I have been tracking I just make 2000 if I'm lucky.

I only eat portioned healthy meals when I do eat but I don't know why I feel so bad about eating. Over enthusiasm sounds like a good explanation but for some reason I just don't feel that is the reasoning fully. I don't know I just feel like I should ask about this feeling or it will eat me up ..
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 am

Not 5200 Calories (EEK!), but 5200 Kilojoules (kJ).

5200 kJ = 1243 Calories.

1200 Calories is the figure that is quoted by dieting experts using imperial units.
CronicBadger

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 am

Haha Ih shoot. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I have been calculating by kilojules this whole time. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA silly me
Michelle-leeC1989

Return to Weight loss Talk