It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:54 am

Free Newsletter

Exercise to tone??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise to tone??

Postby Tea85 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm 9 kgs down with 11-16kgs still to go but I've noticed as I lose weight my belly is getting saggy! Should I start toning now or once I've lost the final 11-16kgs?? And if so what are the best exercises I should to tone my belly, bum, thighs and arms?

Thanks Guys
Tegan xxx
Tea85

Re: Exercise to tone??

Postby Tea85 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:47 pm

What about those ab twist things they have at big w? Worth buying or won't achieve much?
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 am

I hate to break the news to you...your belly may stay saggy no matter how much toning you do. :(

I'm not saying it's a certainty just a possiblity. Stretched skin can take some time to tighten up or may never recover. I have massives of loose skin (losing 87 kilos will do that) that I know will not tone up no matter how hard I try. I wear it as a badge of honour and a reminder not to put the weight back on.

It's a vanity thing anyway...in the end we all go wrinkly no matter how hard we try. :lol:

The ab twist wont do it...save your money.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby jemimah » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm

You got to follow a healthful diet to loose weight overall.

Plus focus on thigh and belly specific exercises.
For thighs - squats, lunges, leg raises
Belly - cardio, abs

All d best.

Jemimah
jemimah

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Starting now won't hurt! It will even build muscle that will burn more calories too.
crunches, planks, pushups can all help.
As Kim said, it could be permanent. It depends on your age .. we lose elasticity as we get older ... and how long you were overweight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Glam Girl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm

You sound like you're so focused so I'm about to give you some annoying advice. Go eat a piece of cake and a burger and put on a kilo. What happens is that you have lost the weight too fast. If you want to do it that way you need a week or two where you back track to let your skin catch up. I lost 30 kilos and this happened to me as well, but once I gained two or three back my tummy stayed smoother as I lost it again. A lot of people may screech at me for this advice when you're doing so well, but have a naughty weekend or slow it down for a week or two and let your body catch up. If you keep losing weight fast, then it absolutely will leave some sagginess. I have been using toning balls and yoga to try and help with that. Good luck!
Glam Girl

Return to Weight loss Talk