It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jadiee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

I started off weighing 63kg I'm now 59kg but I've noticed that sometimes in the morning when I hop on the scales I'm 59.4-9 does anyone know the cause of this? Ieat very healthy and count my calories, I walk 5-6 days a week for 2 hours burning about 800cals, and sometimes at the end of the day I'm weighing 60.8kg :( it's really getting me down as it feels as though I'm exercising for nothing and I won't reach my 53-54kg goal, I do have 1 cheat day per week on the days I do not exercise but I only eat about 2-300 more calls than I would normaly

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm

You are not experiencing fluctuations in your body fat, you are seeing fluctuations in your body weight. Two very different things!

A person's daily weight fluctuations do not reflect the amount of fat their body adds or removes. Fat is added or removed slowly and gradually.

What you are experiencing is your body working naturally balancing water, muscle, food, etc.

Also, bathroom scale readings for the same weight will vary due to humidity and heat.

Daily weight readings are incapable of showing pure fat loss and gain, and there will always be a range of error of up to one kilo either side of your "real weight" depending on daily weight due to water, food and variable scale readings.

So, use weight readings as a guide over time. If your weight wobbles up and down slightly but gradually moves lower over a few weeks, then you are doing fine.

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby Stay-Fit-4-Life » Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm

if you have already lost lots of weight it could be that you are down to your last 5 kg witch can be the most stubborn as you may need to change your approach as there are some foods like egg with different fats that will help you lose more and other foods that will hold you back from your target weight at this point its all about what your putting in that counts it happened to me once and i was amazed at the difference
Last edited by Blitz on Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *Signature removed as it doesn't comply with Forum policy*

Return to Weight loss Talk