It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Free Newsletter

I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

Postby Jadiee » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

I started off weighing 63kg I'm now 59kg but I've noticed that sometimes in the morning when I hop on the scales I'm 59.4-9 does anyone know the cause of this? Ieat very healthy and count my calories, I walk 5-6 days a week for 2 hours burning about 800cals, and sometimes at the end of the day I'm weighing 60.8kg :( it's really getting me down as it feels as though I'm exercising for nothing and I won't reach my 53-54kg goal, I do have 1 cheat day per week on the days I do not exercise but I only eat about 2-300 more calls than I would normaly
Jadiee

Re: I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

Postby stephanieclarejones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 am

Hey,

I had similar concerns late last year but a friend advised me that these flutuations day to day are natural.

The following is a quote from the Mayo Clinic which is well respected american resource and recommends "you weigh in twice a week and keep a record. Most weight loss programs don't recommend weighing in daily because weight fluctuates somewhat day to day. Daily weighing can be discouraging and isn't an accurate indicator of weight loss. Morning is usually the best time to weigh yourself, because variations in food and liquid consumption affect weight through out the day."

or for more information possibly try http://www.livestrong.com/article/29567 ... uctuation/

Are you currently trying to lose weight, maintain or tone and build strength? Perhaps using measurements (such as hips, waist thighs and arms) would be an alternative way to track your progress depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie

Author of A girl and her self-help books. http://stephanieclarejones.wordpress.com

Current Inspiration: "I may not be there yet, but i'm closer than I was yesterday"
stephanieclarejones

Re: I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm

The body is always in a state of flux. A lot of its processing occurs at night (which is why sleep is important). When you get up in the morning you will see a great deal of loss from the night before.

Weighing more doesn't neccessary mean fat; it could be muscle for example. It is important for you to develop muscle to help you burn calories quickier and make exercise easier. Muscle weighs more than fat so often people who lose weight feel that suddenly they are getting no results. This is not true, the muscle gain is masking the fat loss. The muscle gain will pay big dividends down the track...you just got to be patient.

If you are losing weight properly you will be taking in lots of water. Water doesn't have calories but it does have weight. Water is essential for your body to carry on its functions and is very important for weight loss.

You can simply have a full bowel. All these things will pass! :lol:

The body also undergoes other fluxations that we have little ken about. The best policy is to be aware of your body's natural cycles and ride them like the waves of the ocean. Use them...don't fight them.

I weigh my self daily; most experts recommend that you only do it once a week. If you do weigh yourself daily you must understand that one or two numbers never tell the whole story. If you can't learn to ride it out then for the peace of your mind it would be better for you to weigh in only once a week. The advantage of daily weigh ins is that it does keep you focused and on top of things.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk