It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Had enough, going to a weight loss vacation!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Had enough, going to a weight loss vacation!

Postby Rawgirl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Had enough of struggling alone without any real results. My friend in Europe went to a weight loss vacation last year having a personal health coach and came back losing a lot of weight. She kept losing weight and never gained it back. She is in a good shape still. I thought it is just a waste of money as she was before in weight loss camps but she put all her weight back after returning home. Not this time. She said this program was completely different than the usual. I decided to sit on the airplane and say good bye to the extra weight for god!!!
Rawgirl

Re: Had enough, going to a weight loss vacation!

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 pm

...Or you can stay at home, save your money and learn how get a healthy lifestyle in the real world. The trouble with these sort of things is that you come back from them and real life throws all the "results" out the window.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Rawgirl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Blitz wrote:...Or you can stay at home, save your money and learn how get a healthy lifestyle in the real world. The trouble with these sort of things is that you come back from them and real life throws all the "results" out the window.

Kim

This is it. Even she came back she has only improved. This program really helped her unlike the ones before. She says she learned so much she didnt know before. It really changed her. It helped for her, might work for me too.
Rawgirl

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Some people need to go the expensive route before the penny drops for them. For some, the penny never drops! There are always people out there who will always buy the $1000 cure over the $10 one even though the ingredience are the exactly the same. The head game they play is "I'm so unique and special the only way I can get better is with medicine that is rare (read expensive here)".

This is one of my main gripes with expensive "cures" like lap banding. People say they do it as a last resort but I believe that is nonsense. They are people who have often taken a long journey through magic cures (each failing) and have come to believe that the most expensive option must be the best and most magical. Commitment of the wallet is far easier than a commitment to real change. Yes people do succeed in lap banding but not all (I know of one case of three people in an office that did it...only one had success - and I know that lifestyle choice was key in that success). Those who have success are those who commit themselves to personal change. The truth of the matter is they didn't need to go this expensive, painful and dangerous route to lose the weight. The farce of the process is that each patient has to lose a good sum of weight before the operation (to minimalise the dangers!) and critically learn to eat within the confines of the band (basically discipline themselves to portion control). I say if they did those things without the operation they would have the same successful outcome without the cost to the hip pocket and risk to their health (which in many cases is permanantly compromised).

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 am

Rawgirl, can we please keep the forum for discussion not to promote your business....I have removed the links to your business.
People in the forum need help and support and great ideas, there are other places on the site for promotion of business.
Thanking you in advance.
Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 pm

You mean that she has a vested interest? I'm shocked! :shock: I had no idea ( :wink: said he with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek).

Kim :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blitz

Postby admin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:45 am

lol
admin
Site Admin

Return to Weight loss Talk