It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Scales

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Scales

Postby Green_Butterfly » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:34 pm

I am so confused. I am using some old bathroom scales I found at my mum and dads, but as i have bad eyesight i have to really strain to read the display- I thought it might be worth investing in a digital one- with a large display. So off to Kmart i went- and tested the cheapest digital one they had for $19.99 and it told me i was 72 kilos! which is 2 kilos more than i thought i was when i began! Im scared ive been living a lie! hehe. Then i got on a normal one and the scale said i was 65 kilos! So my home scale is saying im 68- i dont know what to believe!!!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:45 pm

hey!! they always recommend to use the same set of scales! but maybe its best to go to the dr's surgery to weigh yourself or the chemist as they have to configurate their scales weekly.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:05 pm

It is recommended that you use the same set of scales each week for that reason...scales weigh different. I have never found a doctors scales yet that are accurate (unless they are the proper ones not just the bathroom scales used in most dr's offices!! and they are usually on carpet!!!) Just use one set mate and go from there is the easiest way. I don't know about where you live, but up here the chemists are replacing all their scales with the new you-beaut digital scales that cost $1 to get on (and they give you your lotto numbers!!! LOL) so I figured that I was going to spend $52 a year weighing on scales. I went and bought a weight watchers pair for $72 and find that they were accurate with the chemist scales!! It will save me money in the long run.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Neney » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 pm

I did exactly the same thing recently!! My husband bought me a pair of brand spankin' new digital scales, I jump on and I'm 1 kilo bigger than my STARTING weight. I wanted to hurl them out the windows. So what I did was record my weight loss from my starting weight on my old scales...and just added that onto my new scale weight, which would have given me my starting weight. (If that makes sense) and now I'm using the new scales. Just means I'm not quite as light as I thought...but I've still lost the same amount of weight! Don't give up..and remember to use the same scales throughout your weight loss journey
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Return to Weight loss Talk