It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

ADMIN

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

ADMIN

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am

There are way too many sub-forums here. A lot of them haven't had any activity in weeks and most of them only get a couple of posts per day. It would be a much better community if everything was reduced to only a handful of sub forums

Eg 1 forum for anything food/recipe related
1 for personal progress logs/weigh ins
1 for exercise related things
1 for general discussion/anything goes

... I think that's really all that's needed!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Re: ADMIN

Postby admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am

Good morning Sanov22,
Not sure what you are so excited about with sub forms. We did not create the sub forms, the community have done over the years. We are not going to delete sub forms. We started off with breaking it down into the 5 Main Groups and it is the community who have run from there.
We also do not delete threads unless it is unacceptable content, that is the way this forum works.We think the world is made up of many different people who have many different things to talk about and it not up to us to police on here what people want to talk about. People come and go over the years, they come back and review their threads, some reflect, some like to document things so it a broader community than just weighing yourself.
Just thought I would comment on your post and let you know our thoughts.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 am

No no, sorry, let me make myself clear-

I'm not suggesting you delete anything, just merge things into less sub forums

For example I don't think there needs to be seperate forums for personal progress and weekly weigh ins, the threads in those are all basically the same - people making individual progress threads

So I'm saying instead of having 2 not so active sub forums, why not merge them and have 1 active one

I think the sense of community would be better

And likewise all the sub forums to do with food could be rolled into one, all the ones about exercise could be one, etc
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 am

Hi Sanov22
Ok now I understand what you are suggesting. I will speak next week with the IT person who knows more than I do and see if they can do this without too much fuss.
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Return to Weight loss Talk