It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 am

Free Newsletter

Losing Weight Fast - Tips and Hints, And What We Get Wrong.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing Weight Fast - Tips and Hints, And What We Get Wrong.

Postby Harvz » Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Finally, there is a natural and healthy way of losing weight fast and it doesn’t cost a cent.
Scientific tests now show us that many of the so called "weight loss diets" tell us to eat the wrong foods and are actually working against us in losing weight fast.
Most plans do suggest eating healthier drinks and foods, but what most of them overlook is the detrimental effect of one vital ingredient. Medical research is now proving this to be true and this one ingredient plays a large part in why we end up not losing weight fast.

That ingredient is Sugar.

But to be fair, we need to understand there are quite a few different sugars such as Sucrose, Lactose and Fructose. It is the latter, (Fructose) which has been identified as the main cause of Obesity, and Heart Disease as well a couple more common life threatening diseases.

Just about every commonly eaten food group contains Fructose, and as we now consume so much of it, (much more than we should) it is causing massive costs to health systems everywhere.
What is also known that Fructose acts as a poison in our systems, and as well as our bodies not being able to metabolize Fructose, it is turned directly into fat. This is why losing weight fast is such a problem for us, as most diet plans do not mention the need to remove Fructose from our diet as they mostly focus on reducing fats. Does this ring any bells for you?

If we can avoid eating foods and drinks containing fructose, we are already on the path to wealthier lifestyles, and losing weight fast is a pleasant incidental in the process.

I am living proof of this method, and without any exercise at all, lost 22 pounds in the first eight weeks, just by reducing foods containing Fructose from my diet. Me Losing weight fast has been a great catalyst for my family to give up Fructose too.

I started my low sugar diet approximately six month ago now, and during that time I have lost almost thirty pounds (14 kilos) and I am not done yet! Losing weight fast in the early weeks is a fantastic motivator.

It is hard to stay focused and motivated if we don't feel like we are getting results or losing weight fast enough when we first start. After seeing results within just the first two weeks, I found it very easy to stay motivated, and more willing to be committed to this way of losing weight fast.

Is all that is required to cut down on the amount of sugar we eat?

Not quite, but you might be pleasantly surprised. What most people expect is that for losing weight fast, some form of exercise is required. By reducing our sugar intake exercise is not necessary to lose weight. Yep, it's true! Amazingly, losing weight fast is possible, in fact probable, as long as we keep track of our daily calorie intake, and reduce our Fructose intake to less than 10 grams a day (that's equivalent to four teaspoons or less of sugar per day).

(Your calorie intake is based on what your start weight is and what you want your goal weight to be, and using a free calorie counter will determine quickly and easily, how many calories to consume daily)There are many health benefits associated with reducing sugar in our diet, and as mentioned earlier, losing weight fast is a healthy by-product of making healthier choices about what we eat.
Whether your goal is to lose a little, or a lot of weight you will need to stay committed and motivated, and by using this no cost method you will, without doubt, be losing weight fast (in as little as two weeks) which is just the best way to stay motivated.

Once you get the fist month under your belt, you will never feel the same about carrying excess weight again. :D
Harvz

Re: Losing Weight Fast - Tips and Hints, And What We Get Wro

Postby Blitz » Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Blaming sugar is the new villain in the world of fad diets. I guess they had run out of new ways to make people jump through hoops with regard to fats and more recently with carbs. The problem with just picking on only one aspect of what a person eats; is that a healthy balanced diet is never achieve. Worse still, these fads throw people so out of kilter that they never learn how to live a healthy balanced lifestyle.

EVERY food has it's place. It is more a question of how much (with the overweight it is usually too much) and balance. Fad diets are like pendulums they swing you so far away from a "danger" food that you run smack into the problem of what happens to your body if you don't have enough of that food. Every food has a usefulness to the body - so long as it is consumed in moderate balance with other foods.

The problem with these "new dietary solutions" is that they are not real world. They can not be followed for a life time. Worse, they sew within the fabric of their plans the defeat of all those who try to lose weight. Each fad leads to another fad and with each failure on these fads the person who wants to lose weight loses faith that they can lose weight. These fads are so complex that they tangle people up. Fads are designed as quick fixes. They promise the world (for a price) but deliver defeat and sadness.

You lose weight by eating a balanced healthy diet in proper portions. It is about developing a long term healthy lifestyle. Fads are about making money from hapless victims.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Harvz » Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I am a little intrigued that you would consider cutting sugar from our diet a "Fad Diet" as for me, when I think of a "Fad" it is something that is unlikely to last, something that comes and goes etc.

I believe there is now far too much medical evidence to support the need for us all to reduce our sugar intake, and I also believe we are only just on the very edge of a revolution where we will see more and more medical practitioners promoting reduced sugar diets with their patients.

I like you, fully support eating healthily, and the meals and food groups I (and now my whole family) eat now are simply more healthy that in past, due to the reduced sugar. Weight loss has been a very pleasant by-product of a new and more healthy lifestyle, and I believe it will be for many others too.

Some questions I would also ask about what we are currently eating:

[color=#0000FF]If simply suggesting eating more healthy balanced diet were correct, why then has Obesity trebled world wide in the last forty years? Either people are not listening or something has changed!

Can our health systems continue to just "treat" obesity and the associated diseases that go with it when obesity is completely preventable? (hint, prevention is the best cure)

I am not suggesting that any of the "healthy" weight loss options available are less effective or sustainable, but what I have experienced (and witnessed) has been nothing short of amazing.

A case in point - My wife has not consumed as mush sugar as I had for years, but had for the past several years, continued to struggle with weight gain but more concerning was the trouble she was having with managing her blood sugar levels and her cholesterol levels.

She followed my lead and commenced a very low sugar diet in January of this year, and in just four short months, apart from losing more than 10 kilograms, her most recent medical check up revealed her lowest cholesterol readings EVER, and her blood sugar levels are back within normal ranges (this is someone who was on the verge of becoming a "diabetic" late last year).
This amazing turn around is not only a fantastic result for her, but her doctor was absolutely stunned and elated as well.

Make no mistake, we eat far too much sugar these days, and by reducing the amount of sugar we consume has far more health associated benefits that we can possibly imagine.

My suggestion for anyone reading this is simply to try it (seriously apply this method) for just six months, and if not convinced, go back to eating the regular "healthy" foods you are used to.

The only thing you have to lose is weight!
Harvz

Postby Blitz » Mon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Heck...I replied to this thread with a long post. I took too long and I was logged out and lost the whole post! :shock: A handling from one who has learnt the hard way...copy your long post before you hit the send button! :lol: Better safe than sorry!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 pm

No I don't consider 'cutting sugar' a fad (I would rather say "cutting down on sugar"). I consider the method and emphasis that you have a fad. Much about what you say about sugar is true but you aren't telling the whole picture. As a full time magician I am very aware how a partial truth can be made into a deceiving illusion. It is not so much what you tell as about what you don't say. Balance is important but in fads balance is sacrificed often for the sake of profit. We have much in common but the differences do matter. It is interesting to note that Jesus spoke harshest to the Pharisees even though theologically they were closer to each other than any other religious group of the day (and yes - I am aware of the Dead Sea scrolls and the Essenes).

My local bookshop's health section a year ago was groaning under the dead weight of a whole stack of books writing of the evils of carbs and suggesting restrictions, methods and other claptrap for a price from the overweight and desperate. This year they have been replaced by books about evil sugar. Your's is a fad because you suggest the same extreme regime rather than a healthy balanced lifestyle.

To answer the questions that you asked:

"If simply suggesting eating more healthy balanced diet were correct, why then has Obesity trebled world wide in the last forty years? Either people are not listening or something has changed!"
You answered the question correctly yourself. People are not listening AND something HAS changed. We are eating more processed foods (because we think they are convenient), buy more food because it is cheaper (based on budget spending income ratios of yesteryear) and our portions have been supersized (the more you buy - the more you save).

"Can our health systems continue to just "treat" obesity and the associated diseases that go with it when obesity is completely preventable? (hint, prevention is the best cure)"
Again you answer the question correctly (can these be strawdog questions? well, let's answer them without the blinkers)! The market place will cause change to take place. The economics of the situation will motivate government and private sector to make those changes. The fall of the Roman Empire did not occur because of the Vandal hoards. It fell because slavery became too uneconomic to continue and that society was based on slavery. The good news for us is that change has started to happen. Governments are legislating for clear honest food labeling, funding health awareness campaigns and sponsoring active programs. Even the private sector is changing. Fast food outlets are introducing healthy options to their menu and listing calories. I note that this weekend in Perth we had our annual Fun Run and that many thousands took part in this event which was funded and sponsored by a national healh insurance fund. I repeat; change is happening.

I am glad that your wife has lost weight but I'm not surprised at her doctor's reaction. Doctors don't seem to have a "whole person" approach to the problem. Maybe it is because they are trained to deal and fix one problem at a time (I've seen this recently with my mother...her doctor itemised her complaints and then proceeded down the list from most urgent to least urgent - we're about half way down the list...many more visits to go). My doctor was very surprised and pleased when I presented to her 60 kilos lighter. She said that I could stop losing weight because my general health was great! I still had 27 more kilos to lose (according to all the height/weight scale charts)! :shock: For her it was problem fixed not solved. Since then my doctor had her own health scare wake up call and has lost a good amount of weight. She talks a different talk now. :D She understands about a balanced heathy lifestyle now.

My problem with your message is that it is not balanced. You system flimflams people with tech speak, rules and procedures so that it sets them up for failure. Weight loss is simple. It is about making basic balanced healthy choices in a lifestyle that works for you. In many ways those who prescribe these fad diets are like the Pharisees of old. Full of rules to trip people up...for profit and prestige.

"How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You sail the seas and cross whole countries to win one convert; and when you succeed, you make him twice as deserving of going to hell as you yourselves are! (GNB Matthew 23:15). Maybe this is little over the top but there is no deny Jesus' passion in this passage. When it comes to weight loss I guess my passion gets carried away. I've lost the weight and want others to find that same happiness I've found. I'm not interested in making money. I have noticed that in your profile you have a link that would suggest that you can't say the same. I want people to have a better future - for free...if you believe the same...show it by removing the link.

Kim
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk