It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Need advice

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Need advice

Postby nicole » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:26 am

i am 18 and im 163cm tall and weigh 56.4kg i really want to lose 5kg has anyone got any advice to help me?
nicole

Re: Need advice

Postby admin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Nicole,
Firstly welcome.
Just want to let you know you are in the healthy weight range and dont need to lose 5 kg. 56kg is a fantastic weight. Take a look at being healthy and not losing weight. Are you eating fruits and vegs? Are you exercising. At 18 you need to be looking at making sure you have enough calcium, iron, protien as you are not quite fully developed yet. Cut out all sugary drinks.if you are healthy everything else falls into place.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Re: Need advice

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Nicole
I echo Sharrelle's advice. You are smack dab in the middle range for your height and censored.

You may have come across a height/weight chart with a lower number...those charts (which are basis for those internet calulators as well) are out of date according to the latest research. They continued to be preferred by the weight loss money making industry because it defines more people as protential customers. The best charts to use are those that don't just have one number attached to your height. People vary from each other (for example, if you have more muscle than average - you will weight more than average...as you see heavier doesn't always mean fatter!), so a chart that deals in a range of weight is a better guide. Besides nobody stays at a exact weight all the time. Indeed your body at any given time of day will weight differently than another time of that same day.

If you have issues with the way your body looks then I suggest that firstly you get a reality check on what "normal" looks like. Clue - supermodels are not normal! They are underweight and unhealthy (and assisted by Photoshop). Secondly, if its a case of feeling a bit flabby why not commit to some exercise to tone up. You may put on a few kilos of muscle but you will look healthy and terrific.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk