It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

How bad is Up and Go Vive for you?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How bad is Up and Go Vive for you?

Postby Royalte » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:02 pm

I am looking for something quick and easy before the gym (something light as i get up an hour before i go to the gym) so i was wondering how healthy the Sanitarium Up and Go's Vive are?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated (some more info is below)

Calories in Sanitarium, : Up & Go, Vive, Banana
Home » Nutritional Information » » Sanitarium
Nutrition Facts
tetra pak (250mL) fl. oz mL

Calories 178 ( Kilojoules 738 )

% Daily
Value*
Total Fat 3.8 g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%
Trans Fatty Acids 0 g
Cholesterol - 0%
Sodium 175 mg 7%
Carbohydrate 24.3 g 8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Dietary Fibre 4 g 16%
Protein 9.3 g
Calcium 400 mg
Potassium 487.5 mg
Note: A dash indicates no data is available.

Report Incorrect Nutritional Information
Calorie Breakdown
This table shows you where the calories in this food come from.
Calories from Fat 20%
Calories from Carbohydrate 58%
Calories from Protein 22%
Calories from Alcohol 0%
Royalte

Re: How bad is Up and Go Vive for you?

Postby admin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi
Now this will all come down to an occasional meal replacement or an everyday breakfast. As an occasional breakfast replacement it would be fine before gym and back it up afterwards with a banana or something real. The KJ on the vanilla is 735kj or 175cal which is under what you should have. For breakfast you should be having around 300-450 cals but loaded with fruit, fibre and protien/calcium.

If you can spare 5 mins in the morning to turn on the blender then have a crack at these drinks to give you some energy, easy to drink and quick. Just place the fruit in the blender with the other ingredients, wizzzzz away and there you have something to keep you going until lunch.

Healthy Drinks

Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe

Banana & Strawberry Breakfast on the Go Recipe

Banana Berry Boost

Give them a go and let us know

Cheers

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:06 am

Nutritionally it is bearable...but it's problem is the same as all stuff of this ilk. It's not real food. It has none of the satisfaction of real food nor the real benefits that real food offers and it doesn't help you understand what a "normal" portion serve of breakfast should look like.

The bottom line is that while you get a calorie hit - your stomach will end up feeling empty because real volume is missing. It's the difference between getting your sugar as a raw tablespoon full or from an apple. Natural is always better.

A couple of WeetBix with a banana is a lot better than this stuff and it really doesn't take much time to prepare.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Royalte » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 pm

i get what you guys are saying....ive now changed my approach and have made breakfast 'muffins' which i think work for me

They have quick oats, 2 bananas, 2 eggs, some frozen berries, honey, LSA and a couple of dark chocolate chips and that will last me for the week, ill have 1 when i get up before the gym and then 2 after the gym with my protein shake- does that sound like a better plan?
Royalte

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:04 pm

It is a better plan but be careful - in the land of muffins not all muffins are equal! :shock: Size does count and some muffins are very high in fat...so what seems like a healthy option can end up whacking you in the gut. Make sure your muffins are low calorie option types.

Instead of the first muffin why not try a piece of fruit like a banana or apple? They will supply you with the needed energy boost for your morning exercise quicker than a muffin would.

Great to see you thinking out your lifestyle...good work! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Much better however 3 a day every day ... don't get board with it.
Have you thought of making some bircher muesli overnight, our version has four serves, contains fruit and yoghurt and oats and is really yummy and filling.....I am only suggesting this as a variation with your muffins.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Return to Weight loss Talk