It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss issues?!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss issues?!

Postby Kimberly4403 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:20 am

Hi Im new to this forum and joined because Im struggling to to lose weight and maybe you will be able to identify the reason why.. so I will start with my very long story!

About 3 years ago I tipped the scales as 79kg. I was 20 years old and only 5 foot 4. I did Dukan diet for 6 months and got down to my goal weight of 65kg and I kept it off for 2 years. About a year ago a got engaged and went on the contraceptive pill. I gained 4kg leading up to my wedding despite doing everything in my power not to... my wedding dress fitted still but not a good as it did. I continued to gain and went to 72kg, when I started getting severe side effects my doc pulled me off birth control pill and told me my weight would return to normal.

About 5 months ago I joined a gym with my husband since then Im still 72kg? I now I have been losing cm cause clothes that werent fitting are fitting me now which is good. Ive recently changed my diet and have cut all bread, grains, white rice, pasta, potato, corn and refined carbs (not that I ate much of it to begin with) still no results. I changed up my workout also in the hope that challenging my body would help so this week I have started 2x full body strength workouts and 4x 40min sessions of cardio (I like to switch my cardio every 4 weeks cause I get bored so Im focusing on the bike this time and doing it at various resistence levels) The gym makes me feel so good and husband has said I look more toned but the scales dont budge and its getting me down. I also throw in a PT session when I can.

My diet is pritty clean being off refined cards, starchy veg and grains. I eat a lot of protein and veg and 1-2 serves of fruit daily. I only eat bananas occassionally and only of my work out days. I allow myself a "cheat" meal once a week were I include rice or pasta etc cause I do miss not having it. I don't eat deserts they never appealed to me and we have done the Sarah Wilkinsons I quit sugar program with yet again no results. To replace rice I love to make cauliflower rice and store it in the freezer love making sushi with it. :D A week and a half ago I went to an iridologist who said my iron levels were low and my hormones were out of balance. I am taking iron supplements and a homeopathic spray to help my hormone levels balance out a bit. I went down to 70kg within the first couple of days of taking the spray but have gone back to 72kg since then!!

All I want is to be back at 65kg!
Kimberly4403

Re: Weight loss issues?!

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am

Hi Kimberly

Just a few thoughts:

Your shrinking measurements but stable weight indicate that your body's volume reduced. Because the same volume of muscle tissue weighs more than that of fat, you obviously lost fat. Well done!

However, I suggest you find out what your ideal weight is, and your body's energy requirements are, and what amount of food energy you've been eating. It is possible you've been eating too much.

You need to know if you are eating too much, so count your kilojoules for the next few weeks. It's certainly possible for a person to put on weight due to eating too much healthy food.

There are tools available here at the main weightloss website for working out your BMI, energy requirement and kilojoule counting.
CronicBadger

Postby äirly » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Sounds like you and your hubby have a healthy lifestyle... congratulations!

If you are losing cms then you ARE losing - where it counts ;)

You can use websites like myfitnesspal or calorieking to monitor you daily calorie intake. Its a bit of a hassle but if you do it for a few days you might see where you can cut back a bit (if needed).

Also perhaps get your bloods done by a GP and just check your levels (I did this when I was pregnant and found out I was very low in B12 and calcium! I thought I ate ok but my doctor said in her accent "Your diet.. its no good!" lol :()

Sometimes it takes the body awhile to catch up to things and you just have to give it some time.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Healthy lifestyle is the key factor of general health. Detoxification is one way to maintain our general well being. Meditation and relaxation are best way of detoxification.
Sarah91

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Detoxification? A dictionary definition of detoxify is: "remove poison from".

I don't think that meditation and relaxation are strictly speaking classed as detoxification. These are just natural ways of dealing with life. Meditation (or prayer for that matter) is a good way to reduce stress by adding positive hormones to the mix (this can also be achieved by a good bit of exercise). As for relaxation (ie sleep), this is the time the body uses to order itself for the next day. It moves fat deposits around, makes muscles, gets the water to where it is needed and fights germs etc. The only removal happening here is bladder and bowels...where normal waste product is let out. Trust me, a healthy bladder and bowel movement IS the bases for a healthy lifestyle! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Weight loss Talk