It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 am

Free Newsletter

My experience on Duromine for 25 days... no more!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My experience on Duromine for 25 days... no more!

Postby cocochanel87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:02 am

I have tried Duromine for the first time this past month - I weighed 115kg as New Years hit this year and managed to lose almost 4kg myself (didn't do too much with restricting my crazy portions at dinner time but did add 3 sessions a week of swimming laps for an hour) and that was until mid February so around 6 weeks. I then decided to try Duromine as someone I knew had tried it and lost 45kgs in 7 months (so about 6.5kg a month average) so off I went to the doctors and got my box of 30 pills and started.

The first few nights I couldn't sleep - I was falling asleep at around 2am and waking up at 4am then trying to get back to sleep and waking up at 5.30am until eventually I would give up as I had to get up around 6.30am any way for work - this lasted nearly a week and eventually I could sleep around 11pm and sleep right through to 6am.

First week I lost 3kg and 3cm off my waist.... second week I lost 1kg and 1cm off my waist... third week I gained 500g and no change in my waist... over the last 5 days I gained another 500g and 1cm on my waist!

Today would I would have been taking my 26th pill out of the 30 but I decided not to as Duromine turned into a NIGHTMARE the last couple of weeks and I thought if I waited it out I would be okay but then I couldn't ignore it anymore.

I was so excited the first couple of weeks to see I was losing weight - my hunger pangs didn't exist so I could finally cut down the portions at night time and not binge in front of the tv before going to bed (a bad habit I developed after a tragic time a few years ago that led to my massive weight gain). I walked every day and continued my swimming sessions but being able to stick to 1200 calories a day (1400 calories on the day I would swim) was really working wonders. I've tried to stick to this lower calorie plan before but would end up bingeing after a few days.

Duromine wasn't worth the results for me!

I had an incredible thirst all the time, my mouth was so so dry, my mind would be skitterish the first 10ish days especially around 4pm (I'd take the pill at around 6am every morning), I would have a little extra energy the first few hours and would feel motivated to do physical things but then I would burn out, I felt so incredibly hollow in my chest (I didn't have rapid heart beating or increased blood pressure but I can't describe it, just a hollow feeling in my chest).

Then after 10 days, it got worse...

I haven't been diagnosed as depressed before but I know I was down a lot after my Dad died and you really aren't supposed to take these pills if you have had any depressive states at all or if you are the kind of person that gets down about themselves easily (SO DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT! YOU CANNOT TAKE THESE EVERRRR! FULL STOP! even if you haven't been "down" for 20 years! Doesn't matter - I say its a big no-no still!).

As I would "come down" off the pills in the afternoons I would start thinking about any and every bad thing that ever happened to me and then all the suicidal thoughts started, I would be driving home crying quietly to myself and imagining myself dying, all different ways of killing myself, thinking how I will never achieve my goals and that I'd be better off dead. I even started thinking up and reciting what I would write in my "goodbye letter" and what personal affairs I should tie up before I go and that I need to update my will.

I DO NOT think like this usually and became consciously aware of it and kept telling myself it was the Duromine and to just ignore it and keep taking the pills. So that's how I went and continued taking them... but then Duromine started taking a toll on me physically.

I started getting bad stomach nausea the last few days and it was constant (all day, all night, for 4 days straight) and I was always getting migraines since mid last week and then over the weekend I broke out all over the chin area on my face (I never have bad skin!) and then my cheeks were all red and blotchy like I was having an allergic reaction, then my scalp developed all these red patches and were itchy like hell and felt like they were red raw! So with the jittery-ness I have due to the Duromine I kept picking at everything and scratching my scalp constantly until I was bleeding, I was at the point were I was looking at the red patches on my scalp in front of the mirror and crying and telling myself to stop scratching but I didn't! I just watched myself in the mirror scratching my head like I was some speed addled junkie and watching it bleed!

I also started getting "phantom itches" all over my body the last few days - I would be sitting down and all of a sudden it was like invisible mosquitoes were attacking my all over my body, it felt like little bites, and I would scratch my legs, my thigh, then all of a sudden it was on my back and then my arms and then back to my legs. It was worse when I was in bed and trying to sleep! I kept starting at my body at one stage to see if I could "catch" one of these mysterious bugs that were getting me... but there was nothing!

Sunday my chin and scalp was still really bad and didn't see it getting any better after running out and buying some medicated shampoo and face wash etc and using it, it was all still burning and itching. I eventually managed to restrain myself from picking at everything and scratching like crazy by about 7-8pm last night.

I haven't taken a Duromine this morning and went about a well portioned porridge and fruit breakfast early this morning and still I haven't had any hunger pangs yet and hoping my body has gotten used to the smaller portions of eating and surviving off 1200 calories a day and around 1400 on swimming days.

Duromine was wearing off after the first fortnight anyway and even though I didn't eat extra or exercise less the last 2 weigh-ins I still gained weight and I noticed my hunger was slowly returning.

My itching has stopped though! I haven't felt any itchiness on my scalp today yet and I haven't had any phantom itches on my body.

My mind is already a little clearer and not so all over the place!

I am going to keep trying without Duromine. I will stick to the portion controlled eating lifestyle I've developed over the last few weeks (I always ate healthy food I just couldn't control my insatiable hunger at night time, it was overbearing to the point where I would breakdown if I held off too long) and continue my exercise plan and see what sort of results I get.

I only took Duromine to help control my hunger signals and mainly at night time so here's hoping after shrinking my stomach and getting my body used to living off 1200 caloties and with a little more determination after seeing results during Jan/Feb I will be able to stay on track.

If I didn't experience the horrible itching and skin/scalp problems I would still be taking it - all the other symptoms were bearable and I could get through it knowing I wouldn't have much longer to go. I wanted to do the full 90 day program too :( But I couldn't get past the insane itching and after my face broke out (and not being one to ever have had bad skin before) I couldn't keep going. I felt so yuck!

People I work with have told me they have noticed me losing weight and had mentioned over the last couple of weeks that I've trimmed a lot off my face/neck area which was great but I know now they'll secretly be wanting to tell me "what the hell happened to your face?!" lol.

Has anyone else had Duromine and what was your experience like?
cocochanel87

Re: My experience on Duromine for 25 days... no more!

Postby äirly » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Some of those symptoms sound really scary!! You've definitely done the right thing in coming off duromine.

There is a post on here somewhere with a lot of info and input from people who have tried, or plan to try duromine. Might be worth a look if you're interested. FWIW I believe the symptoms are worse the higher dose you take - however in your case I don't think ANY strength would be recommended. :) Just not worth the depression.

If you google 'duromine youtube' the first video is from a girl who tried duromine for a few weeks and then had to stop due to the effects (just like you) but she found it was enough to push her to keep going, and she has put up a video of her experience. Worth a look if your interested. The girl is very attractive :)

FWIW I have never tried duromine, just have a vague idea from other posters who've spoken about it.

There is no reason you cant keep going with your current lifestyle and you will probable find the hunger pangs diminished now that your stomach and body has become accustomed to smaller portions.

Good luck! :)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby cocochanel87 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks Airly :)

I will have a look for that video on youtube and search the forums for the other Duromine post - I'd like to know that it wasn't just myself going through these symptoms.

I was on the 30mg one which is apparently the average and most common dosage.

Honestly if it weren't for the breakout on my face and the crazy itchy red blotches on my scalp I would have kept going despite the dry mouth, hollow chest, depressive come downs, phantom itches and constant stomach ache - I can see why this drug is considered addictive.

But the first day off them is nearly over and I'm already happy with the decision - I have eaten really well and am very confident at dinner time I will do well :)

Fingers crossed it was enough of a kick-start to help me keep going this time and not lose focus and self-discipline!
cocochanel87

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm

So much for that short cut to weight loss!...everyone repeat after me - "THERE IS NO SHORT CUTS TO WEIGHT LOSS"! :shock:

The thing that I can't understand that you can get the same results and better without these stupid unhealthy measures. 45kgs in 7 months? Heck I did 58kgs in 7 months (so about 8.28kg monthly average) and I didn't even know what I was doing (no expert help)! Someone else's numbers may inspire but are meaningless without context.

Those numbers that you pulled with and without the drug aren't that different. Your swimming would have had your body toning (read muscles here) and the pay off would have been felt down the track (probably coinciding with your 1st week on the drug). Anyway 4 kilos in 6 weeks when your dinner portions not curtailed is a great result in anyone's book. All Duromine did was take credit for the work you did and stuff your body around so as to sabotage all your good work.

There is no substitution to the plain hard slog of eating healthy, portion control and exercising properly. This you learnt the hard way, hopefully people will read your cautionary tale and do it the right way! :D

Best wishes for your better future as you learn how to apply a healthy lifestyle that works for you. :D 8)
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby cocochanel87 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 am

Yeah I did take the 45kgs in just under 7 months as inspiration and I really shouldn't have - she wasn't one to care much about the inside of her body anyway, she was more focused on "looking" healthy and slim.

I mainly just wanted to use it to help me control my hunger cravings so I have a chance to shrink my stomach / re-train my body.

It was a horrible experience especially in the last week and I hope people do read this and realise that there is a large possibility they could experience the same. It was fine for the first week but that was about it!

My doctor says the scalp inflammation and chin breakout were symptoms of my body creating an "allergy" due to the drug as my immune system was trying to fight it off - clearly when your body is fighting something off then its no good! (unless of course unless its like immune disease where your body starts to fight off everything including good stuff).

She said its actually common in people who continue it after a few months but my body decided to start fighting it off after 3 weeks (possibly even just after the second week since my weight loss slowed right down).

The last couple of days have been really good in the eating department, I haven't stuck to 1200 calories but I have stuck to 1500 calories (give or take another 50 cals) which is definitely much better than what I was used to doing (usually around the 2000 calories a day mark). My stomach has been feeling fuller a lot quicker too and I'm making sure to keep up the fibre so I don't get too hungry too quickly between meals and keep my digestive system happy which I've been told is extremely important. But I'll continue with the same level of exercise for now and then I'll step it up once I get to that 100kg mark - fingers crossed that's by Easter! (about 1.2kg a week)

I haven't gained any weight either in the last couple of days after going off it.

My scalp is already starting to heal as well, the blotches are smaller little circles now and I reckon in a few more days there will be no trace of my breakout or scalp rash every existing.

Duromine is friggin horrible!!!
cocochanel87

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Sounds like you are on the right track now. 8)

One of the things that you can look at is how you spend your "calorie allowance". One of the light bulb moments for me was the discovery that the weight of the food had little to do with the calorie content of it. Calories are units that measure energy. Some foods are packed with more energy than others. The practical upshot for us is that you can eat a heck of a lot more vegetables than chocolate. The chocolate will sit light in your stomach giving you an unfulfilled feeling (which leads to over eating) whereas the same amount of calories in vegetables will satisfy your stomach. :D

Best wishes
Kim
Blitz

Postby Janine25 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 am

Hi everybody, I used Duromine for 1 week, and got terribly moody!! I couldn't even live with myself, don't know how the rest of the family handled me :roll: Most people say your body just needs to get used to the drug and then the side effects will disappear, but for me it was just too much. I also did not get the energy buzz that is apparently common with Duromine.

I started a new product called Relislim last week, and it is really going great! For the first time in many years I feel as if getting rid of all this weight may actually be possible! :D

I know healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle changes are also necessary, so I do not only rely on the drugs, but it surely helps, especially in the beginning. I have lost 1,2kg in the first week - still have 20 to go!
Janine25

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:28 am

My first week on my weight loss journey I lost 2.5kg - and that was without any exercise at all (or drugs for that matter).

If these things truly work as they claimed the inventors would be lining up to collect their Noble Prizes...they not and ain't going to any time soon. :roll: :lol:

Weight loss is simple. It is about getting three things right. Getting your head in the right place. Getting your food choices healthy and in the right portions. Getting your body healthy by getting it moving (exercise). Of the three, the first (getting your head right) is the most important. Get that right and the other two will naturally follow. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 am

Duromine is a drug, pure and simple and though effective once you stop taking these sorts of quick fix (prescribed) drugs your weight will return (with friends in tow)!!!

Janine, there are far more effective ways of shedding the weight.
Sure it's not as simple as popping a pill, but then anything that is simple is never long term.
I know it's hard, and so many times I've wanted the easy way out, but I've done all that before and it's only ever been a vicious cycle that has resulted in me (not even back at the starting point, that'd have been great) but even heavier than when I started.

Old fashioned principles of eating healther and moving more will do the trick and once off, less likely to return (if controlled). :wink:
DD Diva

Postby cocochanel87 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi guys, I thought I'd give everyone an update especially since my first post quite a while ago now!

So the blotches/rashes etc on my scalp have completely healed and from about the second day after i took my last duromine pill i felt soooo so different and so much better! i got so many nice restful deep sleeps over the rest of that week. to take duromine daily is INSANE! it stays in your system so much longer, if taking duromine and taking a higher dose around 30-40mg then do it once every third day!!!

so as much as my hunger cravings went back to normal I tried to stave them off as much as possible and ate porridge in the morning to help keep me fuller for longer, if I was still hungry in the afternoons between lunch and dinner I’d have a tablespoon of peanut butter slowly and I would stay full for a couple of more hours. But I made sure I actually kept myself to about 1600 calories a day!

do yourself a favour and work out your metabolic rate for YOU and YOUR body and YOUR lifestyle (as in how many calories your body needs just to get about ur daily routine, digestion, incidentals, etc.) - then only take off a maximum of 500-1000 calories (1000 calories max if your result was quite high like 2,700+ calories) and use that as your caloric intake limit per day. the bigger you are the more calories ur body needs to burn to maintain the current weight... which is also why we feel we need to eat so much more because our bodies are craving more calories/energy just to keep up with all the extra work we have to do to carry around the "extra person" we have attached to us! If you were right down at a BMI level of 20-24 then you wouldn't need as many calories to sustain your regular metabolic rate and naturally... you won't be as hungry as often. stop worrying about what caloric limit other people do and choose your own :) even just reducing it by 500 a day makes a huge difference!

burning off 7000 calories a week is equivalent to the energy stored in 1kg of fat... now that DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL SEE 1KG DROP FROM THE SCALES EVERY WEEK! It just means that the energy equivalent to 1kg of STORED FAT has been burned off... but your weight may not even change especially if you are exercising which helps your muscles grow and become stronger and also you may be carrying extra fluids that particular week etc. ALWAYS MEASURE YOUR BODY! Stop relying on the scales so much and just measure... most people who want to lose weight want to BECOME SMALLER so start focusing on SIZE rather than WEIGHT! Two people can be a size 8 but one can weigh more on those scales than the other person. So in this case "size does matter" :D

so about a month after stopping Duromine I started a new fitness regime with my partner and we started doing a crazy steep climb of a walk up a mountain for 45 minutes up and 40 minutes down early in the morning before work and just that exercise alone has not only helped me create larger muscle mass (mainly in my legs) (which means calories keep burning for hours afterwards) and burn off fat but it's helped my hunger balance out! The more I exercised and then had a nice filling breakfast afterwards, the more I didn't want to eat... I could of easily skipped lunch and waited all the way until dinner time but I of course would make sure I ate lunch ... but I didn't need anywhere near the portion size I needed to feel full. That’s all I did, the big mountain walk 5 times a week! As I got better I was able to take bigger strides, walk faster, shuffle jog slowly on the less steep parts, which in turn made it a harder workout to keep myself out of the comfort zone.

Duromine got me down to 109kg and floated around there but after duromine (and over that month I had a break between finishing with duromine and starting my new exercise routine) I went back up to 111kg. Since doing the exercise and not really having to put in much effort to change my diet (still at around 1600 calories ... some days 1800 calories - i've always eaten heathly balanced foods but i've just had problems with portions) I have gotten myself down to 96kgs over the last 12 weeks! That’s just over 1kg a week and I really didn't feel like I was working very hard to even get that result! yes the walks have been a killer but my gosh did I feel good the second I got my breath back and started walking back down (which also burns calories... not as much but it still burns them and works different muscles in your legs than on the way up). Some mornings I didn't go, some weeks instead of 5 walks it was 2 walks or 3 walks... but I still kept dropping weight! At least 100-150g a day. So remember its okay to have an off day every now and then, it doesn't mean you've failed and have to start again, it just means that was that day... go to sleep, wake up and start a new day!

I lost 13kgs in 3 months but I doubt I would have lost 13kg of fat with duromine over the usual 90 day / 3 month recommended period. I probably would have lost 13kgs on it but it wouldn't have just been fat... most likely shrinking muscles and organs (if you don't eat much then yes your organs can shrink!) and loss of fluid would have attributed to that... whereas I know I have lost 13kg while eating a fair amount and I have been creating larger muscle mass which means I've sure as hell burnt off MORE than 13kg of fat since some of that weight would have gone up due to the dense muscle mass increasing :D

and when measuring myself I have lost centimetres off my thighs and waist :D :D :D my clothes were feeling looser and looser with every week that passed and it was an amazing feeling (except a few times recently when I realised I may have started looking a little sloppy because my office clothes were no longer form fitting lol - weight loss is expensive when keeping up with wardrobe adjustments haha)

Just break that seal and get it going and trust me... as time goes on, it will get so much easier! it’s always just the very start that is the hardest but exercising will get easier and more enjoyable, hunger cravings will lessen and lessen, you will feel stronger, more mobile, more in control of your body, with every single day that passes that you make some sort of effort! It only took 1 week of doing the new routine to break the seal... now I look forward to it and these days my "guilty" feelings have moved from guilt from eating too much to now only having guilt when not exercising enough! I couldn't care less how much I eat now because I know I'm excited to burn that off and enjoy a gruelling workout and I know my body is naturally correcting my portion sizes.
cocochanel87

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 am

Good work Coco for doing it the right way.

You are losing at the recommended healthy rate. Excellent! :lol:

As that walking improves with your fitness you will find that you will be able to do more and more. I well remember that glorious night when I jogged my usually hour route all the way for the first time. I had come a long way from my starting walk...a slow ten minute walk that had me flat on my back for the rest of the night! :)

Don't forget that you are not just lost 13 kilos in that 3 months - you also at the same time gained muscle (read "toning" here). So you are getting healthier and healthier! You definitely not just lost 13kg but more likely than not...you have lost more fat than that - it's just that the muscles are hiding the rest of your achievement for the moment! Don't worry about that too much though...towards the end of your journey your muscles will come into their own and show you a great bod!

Good work...see it through to the end!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Stelle55 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi Guys,

New to the site thought I would share my experience so far.

I have been struggling with my weight for some time but I have always been very active I go mountain biking and cycling all the time but never really see much shift in my weight so I went to my doctor and she recommended I tried Duromine 15mg since I had my blood tests and they were all good.

I have been on Duromine for 5 days now and lost 2.6Kg so far but in all honesty I don't see much of a difference in myself yet. ( I need to stop weighing myself every day its a bit distracting)

I eat healthy so I don't eat more than I have to and I don't have a massive sweet tooth or drink sugary drinks. I am basically a coffee and tea sorta person.

Day 1 - I took my first one and then had a bit of a spacey head for a little while and had bit of a broken sleep I didn't mind the broken sleep as I always wake up a million times a night anyway. I had the dry mouth side effect everyone talks about but other than that no headaches didn't feel sick or anything I just had to make sure I ate properly even when I wasn't hungry.

Day 2 - Severe dry mouth I had so much water and had so much energy but I started crashing at about 8 o clock when I can barely keep my eyes open. I had another restless night and woke up at 2:30 and could not sleep.

Day 3 - The dry mouth symptom wasn't as bad I am just making sure I drink heaps of water still and eat even if I am not hungry I do get full very easily.

Day 4 - Back to normal bit of a dry mouth but I slept like a rock I almost slept straight through my alarm. Was full of energy all day.

Diet- I have a 1/2 cup of oats with honey for breakfast. I have an apple, yoghurt as my snack at lunch I have Tuna and Rice and then dinner I basically snack as I am too full to eat.

Exercise - 1/2 hour cross trainer 1/2 stationary bike. I am increasing and will be adding weight training to my day as well.

I do have a few questions for you guys who have been successful using Duromine. How much exercise did you do to get the most out of Duromine, and I am on 15mg should I get the 30 mg as it seems no one on here is on 15 mg I have 20 Kilos to lose.

I have a very supportive doctor she has no problem with putting me on Duromine as long as I make sure it doesn't affect my blood pressure and stuff too much.

I am not looking for an easy fix I am not lazy I will put the hard work in to lose weight and i have self control.

Height: 171cm
Start weight: 79KG
Current Weight :76.4 KG
Stelle55

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:13 am

You can lose that weight without Duromine. Increasing your Duromine dosage will not help you to increase weight loss. The reason why it is only prescribed for short term use is because it becomes less effective with long term use. Increasing your dosage will only hasten its non-effectiveness. Also another reason why it is only prescribed short term is it is addictive. Increasing your dosage will expose you to that risk as well.

I can build the tallest building in the world with popsicle sticks a heck of a lot quicker than using steel and concrete but I know which one will last longer! Short cuts make long delays...this method will not last and in the end will do you more harm than good.

Also you should note that you don't actually need to lose 20 kilos. I've run your numbers on an ideal weight calculator (using worse case data) and checked various height/weight charts. They all affirm that you need to lose about 10 kilos and not 20 kilos. At 20 kilos you will fall below the normal healthy range and if you are as active as you have stated you have more muscle (which weighs more) than the average person and that means that for you to will be far too low to be healthy and thus run the risk of doing serious and dangerous things to your body.

Stelle55 wrote:I am not looking for an easy fix I am not lazy I will put the hard work in to lose weight and i have self control.

If the above statement is true, then you have all that is required to lose weight the right way and build a healthy lifestyle. Why not get real with yourself and lose the 10 kilos you need to lose in the proper way. A skyscraper built from popsicle sticks is a grand sight to behold...until it comes crashing down in an almighty heap.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 am

Duromine is a drug, plain and simple. Whether you take it for a day, a week or a year, you will pay the ultimate price.....your well being! Your body will retaliate, and you will regain the weight you've lost (with extra to boot). :cry:

Duromine IS NOT intended for use by those with small amounts of weight to lose, and the doctor who prescribed it to you is IMO irresponsible at best. He/she has indulged your need for a "quick fix" instead of actually caring enough about your health and properly advising you to work on your weight loss in a healthier (and less riskier) way!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby cocochanel87 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 am

hi stelle

the last sentence of your post "I am not looking for an easy fix I am not lazy I will put the hard work in to lose weight and i have self control." is something for those who don't require Duromine.

if you truly have self control and can put in the hard work then you don't need a prescription appetite suppressant... do it without duromine! manage your calories, in vs out plus compare to your basal metabolic rate to make sure you are even getting enough to run your digestive system and pump your heart etc (eating next to nothing and exercising will mean your body will hold on to everything it possibly can and will do whatever it takes to not like that fat storage leave!).

leave duromine alone... its terrible! i had a friend who successfully lost 45kg on it over 6 months... kept it off for 2 years but then put it all back on and more... she didn't get terrible side effects during the 6 months but mentally she was never the same again (it messes with you and can cause big bouts of depression, mania, etc - she ended up in a mental clinic quite a few times and still isn't normal).

the original forumla used to be an anti depressant and was prescribed to mentally ill people.

Stelle55 wrote:Hi Guys,

New to the site thought I would share my experience so far.

I have been struggling with my weight for some time but I have always been very active I go mountain biking and cycling all the time but never really see much shift in my weight so I went to my doctor and she recommended I tried Duromine 15mg since I had my blood tests and they were all good.

I have been on Duromine for 5 days now and lost 2.6Kg so far but in all honesty I don't see much of a difference in myself yet. ( I need to stop weighing myself every day its a bit distracting)

I eat healthy so I don't eat more than I have to and I don't have a massive sweet tooth or drink sugary drinks. I am basically a coffee and tea sorta person.

Day 1 - I took my first one and then had a bit of a spacey head for a little while and had bit of a broken sleep I didn't mind the broken sleep as I always wake up a million times a night anyway. I had the dry mouth side effect everyone talks about but other than that no headaches didn't feel sick or anything I just had to make sure I ate properly even when I wasn't hungry.

Day 2 - Severe dry mouth I had so much water and had so much energy but I started crashing at about 8 o clock when I can barely keep my eyes open. I had another restless night and woke up at 2:30 and could not sleep.

Day 3 - The dry mouth symptom wasn't as bad I am just making sure I drink heaps of water still and eat even if I am not hungry I do get full very easily.

Day 4 - Back to normal bit of a dry mouth but I slept like a rock I almost slept straight through my alarm. Was full of energy all day.

Diet- I have a 1/2 cup of oats with honey for breakfast. I have an apple, yoghurt as my snack at lunch I have Tuna and Rice and then dinner I basically snack as I am too full to eat.

Exercise - 1/2 hour cross trainer 1/2 stationary bike. I am increasing and will be adding weight training to my day as well.

I do have a few questions for you guys who have been successful using Duromine. How much exercise did you do to get the most out of Duromine, and I am on 15mg should I get the 30 mg as it seems no one on here is on 15 mg I have 20 Kilos to lose.

I have a very supportive doctor she has no problem with putting me on Duromine as long as I make sure it doesn't affect my blood pressure and stuff too much.

I am not looking for an easy fix I am not lazy I will put the hard work in to lose weight and i have self control.

Height: 171cm
Start weight: 79KG
Current Weight :76.4 KG
cocochanel87

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk